Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

New Roughyeds Skipper

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 365 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

What are your thoughts on lewis Palfrey being the new Roughyeds Skipper?

http://www.roughyeds...tain/#more-7924

#2 mackin89

mackin89
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

Fresh start and all that, cant help feeling if he wasnt here due to the contract already being in place N Roden wouldnt be in the new bosses plans and he would have ended up at Oxford.

I think some experience is going to be needed in such a young team so im glad he is still in the squad, i have a good feeling with the new set up just hope they can do the business.

Edited by mackin89, 22 January 2013 - 12:25 PM.

#3 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 365 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

I have been down to training several times and it's been very impressive. Can't wait for the first game to see how the fair in a match situation.

#4 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

Don't think it will do us any harm. N Roden will still be one of the leaders on the pitch in any case and is 100% Oldham so will help Palfrey i'm sure. I agree training is more intense with better preparation and is keeping the lads on their toes.
One for all and all for the one

#5 Tony Mac

Tony Mac
  • Coach
  • 541 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

The coaching staff, after careful consideration, obviously believe that Lewis is the right man for the job so who am I to argue. I also think, as previous posts have said, that Ratty will still give his all to the cause and maybe, with the weight of the captaincy off his shoulders, will feel more free to concentrate on his game.

Edited by Tony Mac, 23 January 2013 - 11:33 AM.

Tony Mac

Nobody believes the official spokesman, but everybody trusts an unidentified source.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users