Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Discussion topic - SL Feeder club effect on us

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

Gazza there will never ever be a level playing field thats my point is all down to money if everyone had the same gates the same overheads then fine but they dont its dog eat dog live or die thats life im afraid but i wish it was all a matter of a level playing field mate

I'll wager your attitude will change when, say Rob Burrow needs a run out and a regular Hunslet half back has to make way for him ;)

#42 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 222 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

I think there has been more u/turns on this than any government, most people on the forums were against DR, until panic set in like a landslide, now that clubs are making their own rules, I think it is the beginning of the end.good luck to all you reserve teams.

Edited by alba, 07 February 2013 - 03:12 PM.

#43 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

I'll wager your attitude will change when, say Rob Burrow needs a run out and a regular Hunslet half back has to make way for him ;)

aint got nothing to do with my attitude if Barry Eaton doesnt pick him he dont play simple as that you or i dont pick teams coaches do so no points scoring please i dont do bitchin ;) ;)
chappy

#44 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

Relegation this and that. What's the point?

I thought the whole point of the link up was for the younger "fringe" players? Not the entire first team squad?

Thats what Super League was supposed to do , bring the young British lads through , not oversea players..........

#45 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

a certain little bald headed man with a big ego we all know who dezi johnson must be laughing his head off. our club nearly went to the wall when it all came out about what was going on at barrow. payments and envolopes being passed around. what is happening now is just legalizing the hole shoddy thing. all these clubs that are taking players from sl clubs must be paying over the odds for players even if only paying the expences of some of these lads.you cant run a 35+ man squad on 400 -600 fans a week.christ we got all our points took off us tarred and feathered and thrown head first back into the championship 1 . come on rfl grow some balls and sort this bloody mess out. the games a laughing stock.
what person with passion and money would invest in a championship club these days. none.

#46 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 884 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

It really doesn't matter what we say about this subject, the powers that be have already decided the future (fate) of rugby league.
Until someone does something about it theres nothing we can really do.

I don't know how hard it would be, but isn't time we moved away from the SL and Red Hall
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#47 ANDO

ANDO
  • Coach
  • 186 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

The RFL is, supposedly, the governing body of the professional game and does not exist for the exclusive use of SL.
What is really required is for the Championship's BOD's to grow a pair, get together, form a united front and reclaim OUR game!

#48 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 557 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

local legend ade gardner playing for haven on sun

#49 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

Ade Gardner DR with Haven I have heard!!!

Posted Image

#50 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 557 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

Ade Gardner DR with Haven I have heard!!!

you heard correct

#51 Ackydave

Ackydave
  • Coach
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

The RFL is, supposedly, the governing body of the professional game and does not exist for the exclusive use of SL.
What is really required is for the Championship's BOD's to grow a pair, get together, form a united front and reclaim OUR game!

Spot on Ando! If only....

#52 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

isnt it funny, were talking more about the ###### round the game than actualiy whats played on the field at mo.

#53 eddo

eddo
  • Coach
  • 104 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:34 AM

Thats true but now the season has started more meaningful facts are coming to the surface.
The championship has become a very good competitive league , the top teams virtually on a par with
the bottom teams in SL with a relegation dogfight.and will still be the same teams in nearly every position.
What would happen if this seasons relegated clubs are DR ? Its possible they may have lost their core partimers
and go down the plughole the following season
I was ok with taking on Drs when injuries have taken their toll , they were match fit players now they are squad
members who wiil the Dr clubs bring in ?
I love rugby league having watched it since1959 but this has me baffled as if it continues for several years
the Sl will have converted it into a Sl reserve league which would be a disgrace
i,m pleased the Raiders have not gone down this route , we will always require some players to travel, thats
historical and hopeful that we keep up this year.

#54 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

@PeteSmithYEP: I hear Rhinos have been told Kylie Leuluai can NOT play for Hunslet on dual reg under the terms of his visa! @leedsrhinos @HunsletHawksRL

#55 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

so what would happen if a DR player plays for the feeder club and its subsequently found that he shouldnt have for whatever reason ???????

Points deduction for the SL club ? Points deduction for the feeder club ? Points deduction for both ???????

This really really really hasnt been thought through properly by any party involved has it :blink: :rolleyes: ...typical RFL pen1s up :rolleyes:

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#56 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 313 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

The way I am starting to look at it now is we will be playing against two teams in most fixtures this season!

Extra incentive for players to be able to say they have beaten Haven/Saints and Town/Widnes! :D

No matter who plays for the other team this season we need to get over it and get them beat!

#57 Paul Ballantyne

Paul Ballantyne
  • Coach
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

Could Barrow start to look like an attractive club to play for with some of the best players in the league being dropped week in week out for SL players? We all know players want to play! This could be to our advantage if we can stay up.

#58 ANDO

ANDO
  • Coach
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

Could Barrow start to look like an attractive club to play for with some of the best players in the league being dropped week in week out for SL players? We all know players want to play! This could be to our advantage if we can stay up.

Totally agree with you Paul.
There's going to be a lot of disillusioned and unhappy players at other championship clubs this year!

#59 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

Im sure that opinions will differ throughout the season and possibly we wont know until June what the likely outcome will be. As long as Darren and the lads put the effort in then they should get the Barrow support <_<

Edited by D11, 08 February 2013 - 06:58 PM.

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#60 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

so what would happen if a DR player plays for the feeder club and its subsequently found that he shouldnt have for whatever reason ???????

Points deduction for the SL club ? Points deduction for the feeder club ? Points deduction for both ???????

This really really really hasnt been thought through properly by any party involved has it :blink: :rolleyes: ...typical RFL pen1s up :rolleyes:

Wait till one gets sent off playing for the junior club and cops a ban. How will they work out when he's served his punishment?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users