RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Tetley’s to sponsor the Challenge Cup

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#61 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

Big name sponsors attract other big name sponsors.. and portray the game in a positive light.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#62 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,180 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

If the French clubs are at home, will it be called the "T-Cup"?
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#63 trakl

trakl
  • Coach
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

If the French clubs are at home, will it be called the "T-Cup"?

:)

#64 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Good stuff this. Not overly fond of the beer but its better than a lot out there

Be good for a CC Final barbie :D

#65 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

No consideration in any of the RFL/SL deals have been given to our french partners the Catalan Dragons or soon to be Toulouse.

So on one hand TETLEYS yes is a great brand on the other to give it away for the price of a 1-Half bedroom flat in Twickenham says alot:(

CM

The French clubs cope well enough in the Heineken Cup.

Fancy telling the group how much money is involved in this deal, or are you just wildly speculating as per usual?
Posted Image

#66 trakl

trakl
  • Coach
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

No consideration in any of the RFL/SL deals have been given to our french partners the Catalan Dragons or soon to be Toulouse.

So on one hand TETLEYS yes is a great brand on the other to give it away for the price of a 1-Half bedroom flat in Twickenham says alot:(

CM

Again, I don't disbelieve you CM. I just don't know why you don't share your knowledge and list of contacts with fellow rugby league fans on this forum?

Or better still, as I asked previously, why don't you offer your services to the RFL? Even if only in an advisory capacity?

Who is it among the RFL's echelons that supplies you with what must be confidential information? What must be their motive?

What's frustrating me for reading your posts - and others must speak for themselves - is the often jaunty tone in which you couch so many of your damning statements... it's as if - again as I said before - that, against your better judgement, you enjoy any difficulties that the game and its administrators might find themselves in.

Surely this is not the impression you wish to leave for the rest of us?

#67 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

2 year deal 800.000

I look around
I search the skies
I shade my eyes
So nearly blind
And I see signs of half remembered days
I hear bells that chime in strange familiar ways
I recognise...
The hope you kindle in your eyes

#68 Henson Park Old Firm

Henson Park Old Firm
  • Coach
  • 259 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

great logo, love to have a sticker of that logo on my tool box

#69 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

Looks good, the portfolio grows and feels like momentum even if cm is right and the money starts low. Hopefully it value is shown to tetleys and we see an increase in the value after the two years. Anyone know the value of the last cc deal?
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#70 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 430 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

Very good. Erm how much arebtheynpaying....

#71 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,616 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

Anyone know the value of the last cc deal?

Carnegie's deal was reported as being between £6m and £10m over 6 years
Super Clarty Git Amang It Dip Fer Dippin Owt In

#72 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 13,500 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

What's the Help for Heroes link Gav alluded to?

Carlsberg UK communications director Bruce Ray added: “The Tetley’s brand has a long association with the RFL and we are delighted to announce these new sponsorships.

“These sponsorships will generate increased awareness of the Tetley’s brand and will also provide unique opportunities for consumers and customers to engage in the sponsorships through competitions and promotions.

“We will also be continuing our partnership with Help for Heroes and will be leveraging our Tetley’s Challenge Cup sponsorship to support the fundraising effort for the charity which is close to many people’s hearts.”

#73 trakl

trakl
  • Coach
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

Seeing RL being taken for a ride with things like this deal i find depressing the poster after this has just quoted 800K for 2 years (400K a year) which is the exact amount that was being bounded about by the SL clubs last week.Fantastic to have TETLEYS back on board but at 400K a year for 12/13 BBC LIVE TV matches this is taking the p--s.If the RFL announced a 3 year 5/6 million pound deal tomorrow i would be the first on here to say WELL DONE.To put things in comparison a 5 minute advertising slot (LED) at the next Northern Ireland world cup qualifier (Which will be shown on SKY 3/4 along with other internationals the same evening will set you back around £ 40K +.RL is worth far more than the sums they have been getting for sponsorships and i put this down to a number of factors.1/Retraction of SL in the minds of most media to the M622/Lack of contacts at major media agencies in London3/Failure to attract anglo/french deals on the back of the Catalan Dragons4/London Broncos continued failure to bring in a decent amount of fans (Not the RFL,s fault here)5/Celtic Crusaders fiasco6/Delay in a second French franchiseCM

That's a full and passionate response, CM.

I suppose what I'm trying to get at is to see if there's anything you can do to stop "RL being taken for a ride?"

#74 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,392 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

Were they both cash value or was it cash+things=value
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#75 trakl

trakl
  • Coach
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

Myself forget it i work on soccer and other sports however i am tempted to help Toulouse should they join SL.CM

That's a shame. Is there at least somebody whom you might recommend to the RFL?

I sensed your love for rugby league was greater than that for "soccer and other sports..."

#76 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,114 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

Nice logos and good business partner.

Good news for the challenge cup, now lets see what SL gets.

#77 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

A decent sponsor for the cup - seems to have been a 180 degree change in strategy at the RFL as last year they were firmly against gambling and alcohol companies as sponsors. Maybe they're finally waking up to the fact that the game's northern working class roots are a strength and not a weakness to be ashamed of as seems to have been the case recently.

Maybe it's just a reflection of the change in leadership?

#78 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

Mostly payment in kind tho I believe.

After Bingo and Beer I believe we have one more 'b' to come in the near future .......
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

#79 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,135 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

Mostly payment in kind tho I believe.

After Bingo and Beer I believe we have one more 'b' to come in the near future .......

Roll on Playboy!
Posted Image

#80 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

Roll on Playboy!

That would be the breast sponsor ever!
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008