Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Tetley’s to sponsor the Challenge Cup

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#101 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

Wood conceded that the SL and Champs seasons might start without title sponsors but it was to ensure the right deals are found

Hmmm. This is Nigel Wood we are talking about. He who is a master of obvious spin.

Nigel Wood stated he wanted to give the interview to reassure fans. I feel less reassured now that I know the Coop has pulled out and we have no sponsor for any of our professional leagues than I did when I was ignorant of that fact. I find it thoroughly discouraging.

#102 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

Ah the doom doom doom mongers find enough to keep themselves warm in this cold spell. Shocker :)
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#103 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

Is it me, or do you see a post by Canetman and think "oh just **** off"?

#104 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,613 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

After reading it, or just by seeing that he has posted?

Either way, the answer is yes.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#105 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,780 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

Just to be clear, various news outlets today (seemingly from the same PA story) have been reporting the two-year deal as being "seven figures."

[canetman mode]Yeah, but that's only when expressed in BINARY ))))[/canetman mode]

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#106 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

Yes, very much this.

#107 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

Its 400K a year in CASH and the rest in house Tetleys publicity spin spin and more spin:(((CM

With all due respect, I suggest that you know the square root of sod all.
Posted Image

#108 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,078 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

Yes, very much this.

+1
Founder of the convent pontoon team.

#109 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

Many years ago,I,along with all senior collegues,received an internal memo from a relatively junior member of staff,stating that he had just completed a very large and important transaction with company A,but that it was absolutely vital that the scale and nature of the transaction must be kept totally secret,in order to secure further business from company A - the nature and size of the transaction was totally irrelevant to me and 99% of the people who received it,but ofcourse it gave the individual concerned a 'profile'.

The individual concerned,left the firm about a year later and was never heard of again in the industry.It seems he has now popped up working in sports sponsorship.

#110 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,862 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

It is a shame we lost the recommend buttons on here.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users