Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

RL on TV - General discussion (merged threads/posts)

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

Nah, I much preferred the 'pedestal' advert with Two Tribes playing. That got me pumped.

I'd forgotten about the silly animated club logos though, they were quite funny.

Edited by hindle xiii, 23 January 2013 - 10:29 AM.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#42 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,148 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

It is still an issue. Those outside the North of England who watch the show do it because they've made the effort to record it or to go on line and search iPlayer for that particular programme. In other words, it preaches solely to the converted.

If it was shown nationally at a sensible time, new fans would discover the game. How many people stumbled upon the SLS when it was shown at 4am, apart from the occasional shift worker watching BBC2's News 24 slot? How many people discover the show on a Tuesday afternoon?

Students might well do. Also those "between jobs".

It's not a good slot but it's a big improvement.

#43 no13benny

no13benny
  • Coach
  • 820 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

Having just managed to get 3d tele for cheap (which is amazing by the way) I was wondering if it has been stated how many Super League games will be in 3d on sky this season?
Super League, Championship, the play-offs, Challenge Cup, and World Cup.
Http://www.freewebs.com/sltipping

#44 lionwolf

lionwolf
  • Facebook
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

I looked at Youtube there was the original video of the 1986 Status Quo no 1 hit In the Army now Super League/RFL could have done their own edit with the original staus quo singing to camera bits but with the assualt course training scenes done by the Super League players 14 1 from each club

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users