Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Volunteers Wanted to Help Clear Snow off the Pitch

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 HunsletHawks

HunsletHawks
  • Coach
  • 299 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

We need volunteers to help in clearing the South Leeds Stadium pitch of snow, so that we can enure the Leeds Brewery Lazenby cup clash against Leeds Rhinos goes ahead.

Please come down to the Stadium today with a shovel to help us if you can!

We are also short of wheelbarrows if you can loan the club a spare wheelbarrow for the day then please bring it along with you to the stadium.

Even if it is just for an hour or all day, any help will be greatly appreciated. Free Tea and Coffee will be served to all helpers.

Posted Image

#2 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

On me way
Posted Image

#3 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

Our volunteers Steve Brady, Alfred Hopkins, Trevor Williams, Trevor Brown, Barry Eaton and Karl, our head groundsman making good progress but we still need more volunteers to come down and lend a hand.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Blackpool Hawk, 23 January 2013 - 01:58 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#4 number9

number9
  • Coach
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

When is the game?

#5 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 874 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

Well done to everybody working to get the pitch cleared. If their efforts mean the game goes ahead, I think a namecheck on the PA (and round of applause) will be much deserved on Sunday.

Just hope we've not gone too soon though ... there's still a couple more frosty nights (and more snow) in the forecast ...

#6 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

Dont forget if you have spare hour today, please head down to the South Leeds Stadium with your shovel to help clear the pitch of snow! FREE Tea & Coffee will be served to all helpers!!

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#7 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

Great to see the whole club rallying around to get the Lazenby Cup game on!

A massive thank you to the Hawks Ladies players and Staff who came to the South Leeds Stadium last night to help clear the pitch of snow, The helpers were Richard Grogan, Laura Wilson, Donna Tobitt, Stacy Burrows, Rosalind Lloyd, Steph Gelderd and Amy Alle! Fantastic effort! Well done!

Posted Image

#8 number9

number9
  • Coach
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

Should have left the snow on its the best insulator now the ground will freeze meaning the game won't be on.

#9 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

Should have left the snow on its the best insulator now the ground will freeze meaning the game won't be on.

Thats if enough people turn up Satuday to clear it Daz , but you can't bank on people turning up , weather for fri (snow) , then sat and sun temp 5 degrees , should be ok

#10 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

RFL frost covers will be placed on the pitch today once the snow is cleared.

#11 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

News article on website here

#12 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

Nearly there!! One half of the pitch has been marked out and the frost covers are on the way! Superb effort form everyone involved!! AND SO WE SHALL AGAIN

Posted Image

Edited by Blackpool Hawk, 24 January 2013 - 02:11 PM.

#13 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

Frost Covers nearly on, fantastic effort from everyone who has helped over the past two days!!

Posted Image

#14 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

Really hope you get the attendance you deserve for all the hard work done by everyone daz looking forward to it great job.
chappy

#15 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

Really hope you get the attendance you deserve for all the hard work done by everyone daz looking forward to it great job.

Cheers Colin, hope to see u in the bar Sunday come and say hello and il buy you a pint, but don't ask for Daz, ask for Gaz ul have more chance of finding me haha!

Edited by Blackpool Hawk, 24 January 2013 - 06:43 PM.

#16 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

Fantastic -- well done to everyone, and thanks for the photographs.
Think they all deseve a full page article in the programme for the Barrow game.

#17 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

Cheers Colin, hope to see u in the bar Sunday come and say hello and il buy you a pint, but don't ask for Daz, ask for Gaz ul have more chance of finding me haha!

If I ask around for you will you get me a pint aswell mate 😃😃😃😃
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#18 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

If I ask around for you will you get me a pint aswell mate

Of course i will mate! :D

#19 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

Of course i will mate! :D

Looking forward to seeing us put the whinos to the sword on Sunday. I've got a good feeling this year
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#20 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

Should be a cracker of a game, Leeds are bringing a strong team for the first time in a lot of years and will probably have all 4 dual reg players in their starting lineup so will make it a extra tasty.

Also the game has never been so heavily publicised by both clubs and the local press, so were hoping for a good crowd. Leeds have sold a lot of tickets we are hearing so lets hope the Hunslet faithful turn out in force to make it a cracking atmosphere!

"Hunslet, Hunslet, Hunslet, Hunslet"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users