ncl vs nwml cup

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Leighton10

Leighton10
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

this is the first topic ive posted so if its already been talked about or actually happens im sorry bare with me please. just a thort.... i knw the ncl has rep sides and is littered with good players but i also knw there are plenty of very talented players playing in the nwml. wudnt it be great if there wasa nwml rep side tht could play against a ncl rep side, weather its a ncl side picked from the top leagues or from the bottom 2 leagues and see how it went. i reckon wud get a decent crowd and sum well needed interest in the amatuer game. just a thort wot does everyone think?

#2 ROOSTER1980

ROOSTER1980
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

this is the first topic ive posted so if its already been talked about or actually happens im sorry bare with me please. just a thort.... i knw the ncl has rep sides and is littered with good players but i also knw there are plenty of very talented players playing in the nwml. wudnt it be great if there wasa nwml rep side tht could play against a ncl rep side, weather its a ncl side picked from the top leagues or from the bottom 2 leagues and see how it went. i reckon wud get a decent crowd and sum well needed interest in the amatuer game. just a thort wot does everyone think?

Can't see the purpose in this. Why on earth wouldn't the NWML want to have a cup competition against the Yorkshire Mens League (YML)? The NCL and NWML are two completely different leagues - your suggestion would be the same as there being a specific Super League versus Championship Cup.

The NCL Rep side already have a good competition going - and agreements are already in place to have that competition against French sides. They also have there own Cup competition between NCL member clubs. The NWML can easily have a rep side playing against another Tier 4 league rather than pitching themselves against the NCL.

So, as far as I'm concerned, it would be a non-starter for me.

#3 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

The suggestion would have had more merit last year when there were a few very good sides in the NWML but still don't see as it has many legs, most of those have now applied to join the NCL. I would like to see a truly national cup introduced in the summer game to fill the void left by the BARLA National Cup, which is impractical for NWML, YML and NCL teams to enter. For all intents and purposes now, this is just a re-run of the Yorkshire Cup - which is a crying shame.

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#4 leighminers

leighminers
  • Coach
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

I would like to see a truly national cup introduced in the summer game to fill the void left by the BARLA National Cup, which is impractical for NWML, YML and NCL teams to enter. For all intents and purposes now, this is just a re-run of the Yorkshire Cup - which is a crying shame.

Should cut each NCL division down to 12 teams to create more free weeks to have a summer national cup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users