Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Some things never change on this forum

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

Came across my diary from 2004 today where I recorded everything I did that involved rugby league.

On this day 9 years ago my entry included the following:

"The Totalrl.com forum is back up and running. Had a quick look at it, but most of the posts are about Gary Hetherington and lobbying Parliament to get rid of him. Some people's prejudices run deep."

Move forward 5 years and replace Gary Hetherington with Richard Lewis, a further 4 year and replace Richard Lewis with Nigel Wood.

#2 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

You are right. We have a death wish.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#3 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,408 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

People moaning about the forum being full of people moaning. That never changes either. ^_^

It's only ever 'other' people that do the moaning though, have you noticed that...? :ph34r:

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#4 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

People moaning about the forum being full of people moaning. That never changes either. ^_^

It's only ever 'other' people that do the moaning though, have you noticed that...? :ph34r:

How about this one then John from 31 Jan 2003

"Couldn't get Rugby League World in town today. That does annoy me when it isn't available. Had my usual rant on the internet about too few pages and too many adverts."

Obviously I'm a much happier customer these days!

Another cracker from the same day reads:

"Bloke on the web claims that "insider knowledge" says the three tests will be Millennium Stadium, White Hart Lane and Commonwealth. Sounds iffy to me."

We went to Wigan, Hull & Huddersfield!

#5 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

At Rovers' fans forum that was aired on Radio Humberside Neil Hudgell praised Nigel Wood because of his leadership skills. This came from the same man who has been very open about how he views the game's governance and what direction it is taking. He also said that there is a lot of personal agendas (or words that the effect) that stop the game moving forward as a unit rather than one that he see's as being splintered right now.

Edited by HKR AWAY DAYS, 24 January 2013 - 04:57 PM.

#6 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

not quite john. I know I'm a moaning whinging pain in the botty! :lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#7 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

Oh quit moaning, will you? :)

#8 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,345 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

So you kept a diary and in it you wrote about posts you read on a forum?........christ......

#9 BD92

BD92
  • Coach
  • 7,938 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

I still love this bloody place I do, I've met some reet nice people as well and most of them haven't changed.
And so the future begins.....

#10 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,079 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

I still love this bloody place I do, I've met some reet nice people as well and most of them haven't changed.

EWWWWWWWWWWWW,stinky.
Founder of the convent pontoon team.

#11 BD92

BD92
  • Coach
  • 7,938 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

:D :D :D
And so the future begins.....

#12 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 754 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

Hi John...Isn`t it great to be self Righteous!

#13 amh

amh
  • 11,083 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

and some of us work through the 'pain' of staying here and occasionally posting :D

If tha's nowt to do on a Monday neet, gerr ova to twitter and have a go on the MNRLquiz ;)

It's not in competition with anything on here ie it's not stooooooopid (SQL) and it's for a bit of fun up against fans from all clubs and leagues.

From 7pm until 8 ish - depending on how quickly the answers fly in to 10 questions, set by the fans themselves.

If you can spare the time to set 10 Q & A's for your club, send them to mnrlquiz@gmail.com

https://twitter.com/MNRLquiz

You don't have to 'follow' to play....you just need to watch #rugbyleague and when you have an answer, post it with #mnrlquiz in your answer, for me Eric to pick up

Edited by amh, 24 January 2013 - 07:10 PM.

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users