Workington benefit from World Cup

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

Great news about the wider benefits of the World Cup. Great to see ground improvements on the back of winning the rights to host World Cup matches.

http://www.newsandst...rA3fKnY.twitter

Have bought my ticket for the Tonga v Scotland game, just need to wait for k.o times to see if I can fit in the Scotland v Italy game as well, since it's on the same day as Wales v USA at Wrexham. I suspect though that it won't be possible to do both.

#2 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 506 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

Excellent news - long lasting as well. I watched wigan v working ton many years ago and it was sooooooo cold, hope they install under terrace heating! great lace to watch league.

#3 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

Its great news for us up here, its hopefully going to be a great few games at Derwent Park. Our club has seen a few years of slow but sure progress, headed by Dave Bowden who has only just stepped down. Be great to see anyone who travels up for a game, we will be sure to give you a good welcome. But you can buy your own beer.

#4 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

But you can buy your own beer.

No deal!
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#5 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,699 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

I rather stupidly booked terrace tickets for the Scotland v Italy game (money was tight before Christmas) - they aren't installing radiators by any chance are they? :ph34r:

#6 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

I rather stupidly booked terrace tickets for the Scotland v Italy game (money was tight before Christmas) - they aren't installing radiators by any chance are they? :ph34r:

Just find a Sellafield worker and stand next to them, you'll get a nice warm glow from them....

#7 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

No deal!

Ok, I will buy you a Bass Shandy, final offer.

#8 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

Ok, I will buy you a Bass Shandy, final offer.

I'll settle for a lemonade
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

#9 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

I'll settle for a lemonade

I wish all my dates were this cheap and easy....

#10 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

I wish all my dates were this cheap and easy....

I never said I was easy!

Just cheap

#11 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,973 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

Don't worry October and November are usually our warmest months. ;) ;)

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#12 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

I never said I was easy!

I`ll be the judge of that thank you very much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users