Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Concessions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 732 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

Why are Hornets the only club to offer concessions to the over 65's, all other Rugby League clubs, I believe, offer their concessions to the over 60's. I have long thought we should also be offering a concession ticket to the unemployed, but when I have suggested it, it has always fallen on deaf ears. We should be trying to attract all income sources, not just from those who are lucky enough to have a few bob in their pockets. Perhaps if we had made an effort in the past to attract those unlucky enough not to be in employment, we might have had a few more available bodies for snow clearing duties.

Comments/discuss

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

#2 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

To be perfectly frank Baron I didn't know what the concession age limit was, where did you see it? Members Newslatter?

Why don't you bring it up at the next A.G.M. then you will get the board's reasons on the night. It certainly looks like something we could do in these difficult times.

A couple of seasons ago I went over to Keighley for the pre-season friendly and went to the adult door and the guy said 'next door mate'. So I went to the next turnstile and noticed it was the concession so I only paid £5. I didn't know whether to be happy or insulted actually, anyway ever since I've gone through the concession turnstile at away games and have never been turned down. I pay full at Hornets though!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#3 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 732 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

To be perfectly frank Baron I didn't know what the concession age limit was, where did you see it? Members Newslatter?

Why don't you bring it up at the next A.G.M. then you will get the board's reasons on the night. It certainly looks like something we could do in these difficult times.

A couple of seasons ago I went over to Keighley for the pre-season friendly and went to the adult door and the guy said 'next door mate'. So I went to the next turnstile and noticed it was the concession so I only paid £5. I didn't know whether to be happy or insulted actually, anyway ever since I've gone through the concession turnstile at away games and have never been turned down. I pay full at Hornets though!

Pugwash.

Its in one of the newsletters I think Puggie, just had a quick look but can't find it, but definately saw it. I have spoken to supporters of other clubs including super duper leage and all say that concessions start at 60, except us of course, mind you, if we don't start attracting new supporters we are in danger of the entire fan base being concession ticket holders.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users