Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

See it can be done, England triumph over unbeatable Australia

Netball Australia

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 754 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

England had only recorded two victories over Australia before this week. Lets hope that the media will be writing reports of England victories over the Aussies in the Autumn. http://www.telegraph...t-new-dawn.html
www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#2 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,102 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

Good for them.

But to translate it into RL language; 'a paltry crowd of 7000 sponge finger wavers turned up to see them beat the worst touring Aussie side ever'

#3 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,126 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:29 AM

Good for them.

But to translate it into RL language; 'a paltry crowd of 7000 sponge finger wavers turned up to see them beat the worst touring Aussie side ever'

:D :lol:

I knew about this as it was on the radio on the way home. I forgot all about it but it was being beamed to millions in the right places. I reckon McNamara could do no worse than bring them in to chat to the Elite Training squad, or at least their coaching staff to help break down that mental barrier.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#4 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,241 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

It was brilliant to see - and not just because of the length of the skirts.

The players talked a lot about how in the past they'd had equal skills but never believed they could close out games. In both matches there were times when the aussies would have expected to come back and make England fold but the English managed to hang in there mentally.

Live on Five Live and Sky Sports although The Guardian which has been having a mini flag waving because 'the media' doesn't cover women's sport hasn't got a report that I can see.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#5 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,028 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

Saw the ad on Sky Sports and didn't bother because I expected England to lose. Looks like I'm slowly turning into a RL fan ;)
Fides invicta triumphat

#6 Shadow

Shadow
  • Coach
  • 8,069 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

Saw the ad on Sky Sports and didn't bother because I expected England to lose. Looks like I'm slowly turning into a RL fan ;)

Netball was so much better in the fifties and would be better with Promotion and Relegation :D
God Rides a Harley but the Devil rides a Ducati!

#7 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,241 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

Netball was so much better in the fifties and would be better with Promotion and Relegation :D

It does have a franchised Super League, y'know.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users