Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Numbers...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,177 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

See in the Star today it says Brett Phillips will miss Swinton with a hamstring , and Shacks is struggling to !! That team is gonna be very interesting ... Help Widnes !!

#2 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

I'm not a lover of this link-up system but what the hell would we do without it if our injury list is as bad as we keep hearing? It's one thing not being able to put out a team for a friendly match but not for league games.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#3 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,177 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

We need all five your allowed . Absolutely bizarre situation for the start of a season . Maybe we needed some more recruitment in these last two or three weeks. It's been a bit of a slow motion car crash waiting for this game!!! I hope for the best in the early weeks , and a decent start is gonna be so important to lay a platform and bank some points , but its hard to be optimistic with so little positive news coming out. A big good news story would be good to spark interest , ignite optimism and interest and remind the community this great league starts soon and to get people down . No one can lay blame for injuries etc , and our BOD is second to none , but PR is so important before a campaign in invigorating stalwarts and interesting casual fans to take an interest .

Edited by DavidM, 24 January 2013 - 12:38 PM.

#4 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

is Lupton Coyle and Stack gonna be back for the swinton game

#5 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

i think them 3 are scott yeah, but with no matty,thacks,miller,rooney,shacks,phillips then were going to be really up against it. the last thing we need is 2 heavy defeats against swinton and fax. you could argue that 4 out of 5 best players from last year(only carter being available), i fear the worst against swinton and totally hope im wrong. even the news of signing ramsden would give us a lift.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white