Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

midlands premier lineup

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

Yeah the All Golds Premier is probably a similar strength to midlands premier so no point the Warriors travelling

It's not actually going the be called the All Golds Premier now. Think it will just be the West of England League. Few things still to iron out with regards to governance and rules, but the clubs are meeting this week to discuss/thrash it out. Only one stumbling block as far as I can see, but I'm sure we can sort that.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#22 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 972 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

It's not actually going the be called the All Golds Premier now. Think it will just be the West of England League. Few things still to iron out with regards to governance and rules, but the clubs are meeting this week to discuss/thrash it out. Only one stumbling block as far as I can see, but I'm sure we can sort that.

Anyone inviting the RFL? ;-)

#23 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,290 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

Having thought about it I quite like a bigger division rather than multiple smaller ones, even if the fixture list isn't full H+A. It looks better, particularly if a club can't see the season out.

Even if a couple more join next year (e.g. Leamington and Derby) and nobody steps up to Southern Conference I'd rather have a 12 division than 2x6.
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#24 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,290 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

Is there anyone left to invite? :(
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#25 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

Well, we'd like you there. You could explain the operational rules. I'll ping you an email now.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#26 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

On the Bristol website says it will be: Bristol Sonics A, Gloucestershire Warriors, Cheltenham Old Patesians, Oxford Cavaliers, Somerset Vikings, Swindon St George

Apparently it's called the All Golds premier.

Only really London and the South East to be confirmed from England now.

Thought some Welsh involvement was expected.
si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#27 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 972 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

Well, we'd like you there. You could explain the operational rules. I'll ping you an email now.

Ta, ill converse away from here about things.

#28 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 972 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Having thought about it I quite like a bigger division rather than multiple smaller ones, even if the fixture list isn't full H+A. It looks better, particularly if a club can't see the season out.

Even if a couple more join next year (e.g. Leamington and Derby) and nobody steps up to Southern Conference I'd rather have a 12 division than 2x6.

And down the line gives more scope to move towards home and away.... 12 teams playing h+a is 22 fixtures, plus play-offs etc etc - I'd say that was a long term strategic point fulfilled!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users