New Sky SL promo

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#21 Tre Cool

Tre Cool
  • Coach
  • 450 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

Share it! Facebook and twitter it via sky sports video website link.

#22 RLDave

RLDave
  • Coach
  • 690 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

[stevo]Syuperb!!![/stevo]
great advert for the game. Hope it get's alot of airtime.
@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

#23 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 967 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

It might just be me, but I thought it was a cycling advert for most of it and stopped paying attention! Hopefully the public have better attention spans than me (or like cycling and pay more attention!).

No, I'm with you. I expected more and thought it was the wrong link at 1st. I think they should have had more of Tomkins face early on, otherwise, it's an alright ad using a friend of League to help promote it.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#24 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,394 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

I liked it. Im not a massive fan of the loud rock music approach with players diving to score tries. Some thought and care has gone into this.

Would love to see more of these with other famous people and more RL players.

#25 brooza

brooza
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

It might just be me, but I thought it was a cycling advert for most of it and stopped paying attention! Hopefully the public have better attention spans than me (or like cycling and pay more attention!).

I think that's sort of the point. People that are SL fans already know SL is starting soon and is on Sky Sports. They're targetting this at people that weren't necessarily going to watch in the first place.
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#26 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,394 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

One point which does make me slightly nervous is putting all our eggs in one basket with Tomkins as the face of Rugby League. We are already hearing his coach saying he will probably leave SL, maybe as soon as next year.

The more we can get the profile of Sinfield, Hall, Westwood, Roby - more superstars of British RL - out there the better off we will be.

#27 Swansea Jack

Swansea Jack
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

Brilliant. We should feature more big non RL stars. e.g Clare Balding, Rio Ferdinand

#28 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

The more we can get the profile of Sinfield, Hall, Westwood, Roby - more superstars of British RL - out there the better off we will be.

I could be wrong, but I think Ryan Hall may feature on Soccer AM this week. Dont think he is a guest as such, but one of the guys from the show was asking about him on twitter and mentioned it would be this saturday.

#29 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,394 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

I could be wrong, but I think Ryan Hall may feature on Soccer AM this week. Dont think he is a guest as such, but one of the guys from the show was asking about him on twitter and mentioned it would be this saturday.

Yeah - saw that mentioned - and of course the SL ads which will be shown this weekend do have other players on - I can just see it now that in 12-18m time, Rugby Union will announce the signing of our biggest profile player in RL.

#30 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

They're not daft those people at Sky. What is essentially a promo for SL is also doubling up as a promo for their Team Sky cycling team. Two birds, one stone. Clever stuff.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#31 Tre Cool

Tre Cool
  • Coach
  • 450 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

One point which does make me slightly nervous is putting all our eggs in one basket with Tomkins as the face of Rugby League. We are already hearing his coach saying he will probably leave SL, maybe as soon as next year.

That concerns me too, good ad, but Tomkins isnt committed to SL and maybe not even RL.

#32 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,167 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

Something to do with his prowess on the Rubik Cube apparently.

LUNEW.jpg

#33 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,977 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

This is excellent. Nice to see something from Sky promoting league that isn't all bang, thud and smash. We've done that before and it's nice to have something different.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#34 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

This is excellent. Nice to see something from Sky promoting league that isn't all bang, thud and smash. We've done that before and it's nice to have something different.

Thats the big thing for me, its different to every other RL advert I have ever seen! Love it!

#35 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

This is a great ad and the profile of Bradley wiggins is sky high, the fact that he's a real rugby league fan is only going to benefit our game.

#36 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,663 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

They're not daft those people at Sky. What is essentially a promo for SL is also doubling up as a promo for their Team Sky cycling team. Two birds, one stone. Clever stuff.

Absolutely, and to have Super League associated with Team Sky (with the success they've had) is great.

I despair of some of the people on here though.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#37 scrape_goose

scrape_goose
  • Coach
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

Great advert, I've got a bit bored of RL, towards back end of last season. Started going to watch football again after RL season finished and I was neither here nor there about the season starting again, but now I can't wait.

I can't believe anyone can see any negatives in this, it's not in yourface but it gets your attention and it features the current hottest property in sport bigging up our sport. How can anyone moan about that. Oh sorry it's Rugby League fans. And that is why I got bored of the game. Oh well some things never change. Why not use Tomkins as the face of the game whilst he is playing the game, can find another "face" when he leaves. Use your assets.

Re Ryan Hall on Soccer AM they should also get the Leeds United player of the same name on as well, be good gimmick.

#38 brooza

brooza
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

I've got it set to record. Never watched it before in my life
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#39 The Big Gun

The Big Gun
  • Coach
  • 391 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

Well Tomkins is the face of RL in this country right now, and this is an advert for the 2013/2014 SL season so I don't see why it would be an issue to have him featured. This ad is trying to get people watching the sport this season so why would it matter that Tomkins may, at some undefined point in the future, leave the league?

With no disprespect intended to him because he's a great player, but Ben Westwood is never going to be made one of the faces of SL!

#40 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,394 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

Well Tomkins is the face of RL in this country right now, and this is an advert for the 2013/2014 SL season so I don't see why it would be an issue to have him featured. This ad is trying to get people watching the sport this season so why would it matter that Tomkins may, at some undefined point in the future, leave the league?

With no disprespect intended to him because he's a great player, but Ben Westwood is never going to be made one of the faces of SL!

Well Westwood was included on the extraordinary campaign, so I'll disagree with you there.

My point on Tomkins was hardly a negative, I already commented that I like the ad - just an aside.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users