TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

New Sky SL promo

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,645 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

Love the advert, no sign of a rugby ball, a tackle or a fight....... Just comments from an elite athlete saying just how tough our game is.

Love it, shame Sam had a Warriors top on, maybe he could have had a bespoke supermen top made for him.

#62 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,861 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

TBF I haven't seen anybody say they don't like this ad.

Some of the Facebook comments Dave:

this is awful... are the players riding bikes on the pitch this year?

Awfull

rubbish advert......

Poor ad, Wiggo maybe king but he has a dull voice. His script is ok, but a Rugby League ad without any Rugby in it?! It's moor like an ad for cycling.

Load of ###### it's just a ad for team sky !! Waste of time for Tompkins even being there !!! Talk about self promotion ...... Where's the action the thrill the excitement for what rugby league is all about ?

this is ######

Rubbish and misleading promo video! But, I do agree that atheletes and celebs like Wiggins, Rooney, Ferdinand can all enhance and promote our sport hugely.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#63 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

Cracking quotes from Facebook & Twitter. Just have to focus on the positives and not give the negative people so much attention.

#64 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,985 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

i'm sure some of these fans would find fault with winning the lottery.

Bearing in mind the price of a lottery ticket is going to double.

rldfsignature.jpg

#65 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,831 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

Some of the Facebook comments Dave:

Awesome!

The positive I suppose is that the negative comments are usually difficult to avoid, the fact I haven't seen many suggest that there may be fewer mentalists than usual.

#66 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,456 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

I haven't seen any RL journalists comment about it on twitter so I'm guessing they're struggling to locate something bad to say?
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#67 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,497 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

Very good promo and only in RL could anyone find fault.

#68 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,740 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

Very good promo and only in RL could anyone find fault.

And in a sense , they don't matter....unless the ad drives them away. Its the lapsed and potential new fans that 'll be the target.

#69 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,448 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

Been watching all of the sky coverage from the tour down under and sky have been showing a shortened version of the promo at every ad break. Can only be good for RL and I really don't understand the negative comments.
Fides invicta triumphat

#70 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

While I don't agree with those complaints, I can say I felt a little of the same when watching the SL review on sky over Christmas. Besides it being a bit rubbish unless you're in the top 4, the use of boxing irratated me. Yes, it was for cliché purposes, but I can't imagine the sky boxing review using an RL undercurrent, after all the similes must work both ways.

However this sky ad took a similar idea and did it very well.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#71 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

I haven't seen any RL journalists comment about it on twitter so I'm guessing they're struggling to locate something bad to say?

I tweeted how much I loved it the other night... :D
Posted Image

#72 Cumbrian Fanatic

Cumbrian Fanatic
  • Coach
  • 679 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

I could be wrong, but I think Ryan Hall may feature on Soccer AM this week. Dont think he is a guest as such, but one of the guys from the show was asking about him on twitter and mentioned it would be this saturday.

There was also an article on Kevin Sinfield in todays Sunday Times.

Back on topic, thought it was brilliant
100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users