Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Leeds Rhinos Dual Reg Players Revealed

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 HunsletHawks

HunsletHawks
  • Coach
  • 299 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

Hunslet Hawks are delighted to announce the capture of Leeds Rhinos players Jimmy Keinhorst, Liam Hood, Jimmy Watson and Josh Sunley on dual registration for the 2013 Championship season.

Click here for more info

Posted Image

#2 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,489 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

Workington have just dual registered ALL of the Widnes squad (Apart from thier overseas players) CRAZY!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#3 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

Workington have just dual registered ALL of the Widnes squad (Apart from thier overseas players) CRAZY!

Dewsbury have done the same.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#4 Mycoe For Knighthood

Mycoe For Knighthood
  • Coach
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

Hmmmm I wonder who will be next?? :o

#5 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 457 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

I find this all worrying. If hunslet just use the 4 players throughout the season then thats acceptable, they are basically players loaned to the club.
However if for example Danny Mcquire was coming back from Injury and played one game for Hunslet then we are basically a feeder club & nothing else. It would be exactly the same situation as Bramley all those years ago.
It looks like Workington & Dewsbury could one week have a compltetly different team from one week to the next. If the dual reg players coming into these clubs & are running the show & are the star players, then in reality its not your own club you are supporting. How is a league fair when for one week for example Dewsbury fielded 4 international players against ourselves and the next week field did not against York. The league would just become a exhibiton league, more like the A team leageus in the past.
For now i am entering this season as a Rugby League supporter with a Open Mind,however if it becomes a mockery of the Semi Pro game it could be my last. It will not be the same sport that i once started supporting.

However back to the 4 players we have recruited, i was hoping we would have been getting a couple of forwards & a scrum half, this is where the squad was lacking. However we have 3 backs & a hooker, this is one area of the squad i thought we had more than enough cover & was happy with the options we had.

#6 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,489 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

Hmmmm I wonder who will be next?? :o

Southampton Spitfighters? :blink:

On a serious note, dual registering entire squads is sending out the wrong message in my opinion and making a mockery of what the dual reg system is there to do. To think we have been worrying about the backlash of 4 players, when teams are dual registering entire squads, its crazy.

I'm pleased we have a set 4 players who will join us for 2013, at least we as Hunslet supporters know where we stand. Think what must be going through the head of Workington and Dewsbury supporters.

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#7 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

Surely there must be a rule somewhere that says that clubs can't play more than 4 dual reg players in a game ?--- if there isn't there should be.--- if a Super League club doesn't have a fixture any week their 17 dual reg players could play in the Championship
I'm happy with the 4 quality players that are coming to us.--- as for us getting a scrum half plus a goalkicker many of us have been saying that for over a year now-- however our coach and coaching team must know better than us..

#8 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,489 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

Surely there must be a rule somewhere that says that clubs can't play more than 4 dual reg players in a game ?--- if there isn't there should be.--- if a Super League club doesn't have a fixture any week their 17 dual reg players could play in the Championship
I'm happy with the 4 quality players that are coming to us.--- as for us getting a scrum half plus a goalkicker many of us have been saying that for over a year now-- however our coach and coaching team must know better than us..

There is a limit set that only 5 dual reg players who can play at any one time.

How many quality scrumhalfs who can goal kick are out there? erm non, hence why we haven't got one, shame Leeds dont have one coming through.

#9 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,489 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

I find this all worrying. If hunslet just use the 4 players throughout the season then thats acceptable, they are basically players loaned to the club.
However if for example Danny Mcquire was coming back from Injury and played one game for Hunslet then we are basically a feeder club & nothing else. It would be exactly the same situation as Bramley all those years ago.
It looks like Workington & Dewsbury could one week have a compltetly different team from one week to the next. If the dual reg players coming into these clubs & are running the show & are the star players, then in reality its not your own club you are supporting. How is a league fair when for one week for example Dewsbury fielded 4 international players against ourselves and the next week field did not against York. The league would just become a exhibiton league, more like the A team leageus in the past.
For now i am entering this season as a Rugby League supporter with a Open Mind,however if it becomes a mockery of the Semi Pro game it could be my last. It will not be the same sport that i once started supporting.

However back to the 4 players we have recruited, i was hoping we would have been getting a couple of forwards & a scrum half, this is where the squad was lacking. However we have 3 backs & a hooker, this is one area of the squad i thought we had more than enough cover & was happy with the options we had.

We did ask for Rob Burrow, Jaime Peacock and Kylie Leuluai but unfortunately Leeds said no :)

#10 Robthegardener.

Robthegardener.
  • Coach
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

Winos players at the Hawks,who da thout it :rolleyes:
Posted ImageVelcome to ze forum...You must obay ze rules

#11 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

Winos players at the Hawks,who da thout it :rolleyes:

English please!!!!
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#12 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,137 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Looks like a decent four players you got there, boys..

#13 Robthegardener.

Robthegardener.
  • Coach
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

English please!!!!

Thats lancs for pal WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT IT!

#14 Robthegardener.

Robthegardener.
  • Coach
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

Im glad you have excepted Leeds Rhinos as feeder club thats all :D