Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Widnes dual reg players agreement

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#81 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 809 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

I really wouldnt go down the local route mate given your best chance of actually feilding a team next week depends on who Denis Betts lefts you have

4 minutes and a bite. Result :lol: :lol: :lol:

#82 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,681 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

The teams mentioned Keith can not have any DR players. The teams that haven't linked up can only loan players no DRs allowed. We won't be loaning though as we have depth all over. We have cover for every position this season which we haven't had any other season. I know you don't agree with the link ups Keith and you know how I feel about them. But I also know it was a must for the so called lower teams in our league and I accept that. My beef isn't with the champ clubs Its more to do with where the system is heading.

Gaz, you and the rest of the Fev fans, and possibly Halifax, are lucky to have such strength in depth and I wasn't just meaning your teams but more likely teams like Barrow and Keighley, who are not quite as well off for players as you. On the Leigh forum they are already discussing if they will need to approach Wigan to borrow one or two players for their opening matches after having four of their players injured in last nights friendly with Swinton. Never say never though Gaz.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#83 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

Gaz, you and the rest of the Fev fans, and possibly Halifax, are lucky to have such strength in depth and I wasn't just meaning your teams but more likely teams like Barrow and Keighley, who are not quite as well off for players as you. On the Leigh forum they are already discussing if they will need to approach Wigan to borrow one or two players for their opening matches after having four of their players injured in last nights friendly with Swinton. Never say never though Gaz.

I know what you mean Keith and I understand. That's nice to know Leigh have four injured players we play them a week tomorrow 😄😄😄

#84 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,681 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

I've just done a quick head count and at the present time I work out that we require 2 or 3 players from Widnes for next weeks game.

Fit players as far as we know are :-

Carter
Patrick
Morris
Mossop
Calderwood
Forber
Coyle
Coward
Phillips. C
Dowes
Shackley
Stack
Olstrum
Walne
Robinson

Then we have :-

Acton - suspended
Thackray - suspended
Mattinson - injured
Miller - injured
Lupton - injured
Rooney - injured
Dawes J - injured
Phillips B - injured

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#85 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 792 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

I think there is a good chance that Brett Phillips and Lupton could be fit.

#86 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,681 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

I think there is a good chance that Brett Phillips and Lupton could be fit.

I thought the coaches were saying they didn't think they would be ready in time for the first game!!!!

#87 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,328 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

Hope Lupton makes it . Good interview with him today and good to hear his views on his playing position.
I really hope the lad shines this year , he deserves it and it'll be great for him showing his skills as a third ball player ,
especially given young Callum's involvement . He'll be a real help and steadying influence. Maybe three yeh with Carter
to Walne then hopefully Lupton. And as we say that's how it should work , giving quality yes but giving numbers foremost , with no first teamer pushed out.

Edited by DavidM, 26 January 2013 - 09:02 PM.

#88 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

Mentioned it in an earlier post but thanks for keeping up with all things haven;-)

Then surely a new haven player merits more interest from you haven fans than the town/widnes link up,by the way thacks and dowes love frogs legs.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#89 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,328 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

By the way what day do Widnes name their match day squad ? Is it late in the week .

#90 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

haven4ever you seem to have a different view on this subject than brett kinghams mullet does on the haven site. do you know him??? lol

#91 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,681 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

By the way what day do Widnes name their match day squad ? Is it late in the week .

I think they have to name 19 players by Wednesday

#92 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

Hope Lupton makes it . Good interview with him today and good to hear his views on his playing position.
I really hope the lad shines this year , he deserves it and it'll be great for him showing his skills as a third ball player ,
especially given young Callum's involvement . He'll be a real help and steadying influence. Maybe three yeh with Carter
to Walne then hopefully Lupton. And as we say that's how it should work , giving quality yes but giving numbers foremost , with no first teamer pushed out.

where is this interview David?
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#93 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 809 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

where is this interview David?

Tonights News and Star

#94 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

Tonights News and Star

thanks htr.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#95 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,165 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

brett phillips wont be playing sunday and shacks is supposably also a doubt. luppy said in the paper he was hoping to be fit and wanted to be playing 13.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#96 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 828 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

HOLYMOLY you clearer don't have a clue

#97 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

Has Luptons hand injury completely healed ? I would love to see the best of him this season.

Anyone know when Matty, Elliott and the rest of our crocks are due back ?

#98 HOLYMOLY

HOLYMOLY
  • Coach
  • 228 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

HOLYMOLY you clearer don't have a clue

Neither will you when you see who runs out on the field for your team.

instead of chanting your team players name you will have to use their number because you won't have a clue who it is

#99 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 792 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

Holymoly just let us worry about our team and who plays for us.Now just jog along worry about your own team thats a good lad.

#100 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,435 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

Neither will you when you see who runs out on the field for your team.

instead of chanting your team players name you will have to use their number because you won't have a clue who it is

Why does it bother you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users