Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Widnes dual reg players agreement

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#101 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,707 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

I see Chris Annikin has finally gone on a season long loan to Dewsbury.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#102 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,442 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Shame . He just got better n better . He still has a future at Wakey I reckon or they'd have released him like Salford did with our two lads.

Edited by DavidM, 27 January 2013 - 07:18 PM.

#103 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

had some top games for us,strong as an ox,good luck to him.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#104 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

Annikin scored for wakey the other night when they played the dons

#105 kieran

kieran
  • Coach
  • 200 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

Interesting point... If we make the play-offs and widnes fail to make their play-offs, we could select players such as Kevin Brown, Hep Cahill, Ben Cross, Shaun Briscoe, Steve Pickersgill to feauture in our squad because they will all be available to us on DR.

#106 Bearintown

Bearintown
  • Coach
  • 288 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

Interesting point... If we make the play-offs and widnes fail to make their play-offs, we could select players such as Kevin Brown, Hep Cahill, Ben Cross, Shaun Briscoe, Steve Pickersgill to feauture in our squad because they will all be available to us on DR.

Only if they have played enough matches for us and we can fit them in our notional salary cap

#107 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,707 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Sorry, to disillusion you kieran but to be able to play for us in the play-offs any dual registered player would have to have played in a certain percentage of league games (can't remember if it's 50% or 75%) so none of them would be available for us.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#108 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 835 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

Briscoe wouldn't displace carter n brown is no Callum Phillips!! Up the town

#109 goingupthetown

goingupthetown
  • Coach
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

Being a Keighley supporter who is not bitter,I just don't want this to happen to our league.Surely you can see the many flaws in this agreement and I feel it is just a slippery road to disaster .If we (Keighley) did as you and many other clubs have done then I would walk away from the game I love.

You going to the keighley tigers game tomorrow Marra ????πŸ˜€

Edited by goingupthetown, 09 February 2013 - 10:04 AM.

#110 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

You going to the keighley tigers game tomorrow Marra ????ν ½νΈ€

Lets see if he walks the walk as well as he talks the talk.

#111 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,442 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

Self preservation or principle ???? Tough one ...

#112 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

Self preservation or principle ???? Tough one ...

He might as well keep watching his team David. Because he isn't going to get any decent players from that dump. They would of been better linking up with usπŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

#113 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,707 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

I understand that Chris Annikin hasn't gone on loan now to the Rams and is back at Wakey.

#114 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 800 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

I wonder if that big rams supporter LUGGSY will confirm that for us keith. Be good if we could get him back on loan you never know.

#115 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,442 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

Any time

#116 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

Not sure if you can once they are linked up with another club.Now the cougars have linked up with CAS a young cas fullback who was on a season long loan with another championship club has had the loan terminated with one weeks noticed and sanction by the RFL and once that week is up he will got to cougars

#117 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

Not sure if you can once they are linked up with another club.Now the cougars have linked up with CAS a young cas fullback who was on a season long loan with another championship club has had the loan terminated with one weeks noticed and sanction by the RFL and once that week is up he will got to cougars

Another ridiculous situation as a result of the RFL's ineptitude. How can clubs plan when this is going on

#118 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 800 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

Does any one know if the club want volunteers at the ground to do a bit of tidying up tomorrow morning.

#119 casablanca

casablanca
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

Does any one know if the club want volunteers at the ground to do a bit of tidying up tomorrow morning.

#120 casablanca

casablanca
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

Most of the general tidying work has been completed today, and a massive thanks to those who helped. So no requirement for help in that area tomorrow - many thanks

Edited by casablanca, 09 February 2013 - 06:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users