Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

An Interesting Approach to Dual Reg.....

• Please log in to reply
313 replies to this topic

#281 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

TBF I don't think it excites anyone - but a statement such as 'anyone who is CC standard shouldn;t be on SL books is nonsense'.

Most of the DR players will be young lads looking to make the step up.

The only way your first statement can ever make sense is by registering the whole SL squad as dual reg. and that is the only way you can justify calling my post the way you did. I also strongly disagree because of the precise opposite, in that most lads who would justifiably be classed as DR will not, have not and never will make the "step up". It is a fraction that make it, not the majority

And I reiterate that the DR of the whole squad is like walking into Ratners and asking for a gold chain. Is it gold or not? If it is treat at such and keep it's value high. If it's not then don't pretend it is. Don't devalue your premium products! The parallel with this debacle and the debate about the size of SL rings true here also.

If you really want a truely Super League then do not devalue the quality. Surely this is something that most fans of SL crave, high quality stars that people admire. So it seems an oxymoron to me to be able to crave and even demand high quality but then state that sub standard SL players should still be in SL squads and that even SL standard players should be DR's.

Edited by Ackroman, 30 January 2013 - 12:01 AM.

#282 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

D post

Edited by Ackroman, 30 January 2013 - 12:00 AM.

#283 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,689 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

The only way your first statement can ever make sense is by registering the whole SL squad as dual reg. and that is the only way you can justify calling my post the way you did. I also strongly disagree because of the precise opposite, in that most lads who would justifiably be classed as DR will not, have not and never will make the "step up". It is a fraction that make it, not the majority

And I reiterate that the DR of the whole squad is like walking into Ratners and asking for a gold chain. Is it gold or not? If it is treat at such and keep it's value high. If it's not then don't pretend it is. Don't devalue your premium products! The parallel with this debacle and the debate about the size of SL rings true here also.

If you really want a truely Super League then do not devalue the quality. Surely this is something that most fans of SL crave, high quality stars that people admire. So it seems an oxymoron to me to be able to crave and even demand high quality but then state that sub standard SL players should still be in SL squads and that even SL standard players should be DR's.

I'm still not really sure what you are actually saying.

It will be used for fringe players - Wire have Brad Dwyer on DR at Swinton, yet he has played SL and I suspect he will play SL again, he just has quality players ahead of him at the moment. He is still learning his trade.
Similar with Liam Hood, Matty Blythe and so on.
How is that bit hard to understand - players can easily play in the Championships on DR but we good enough for a SL squad (only 17 players can be selected remember).

#284 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,752 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

The thread is on, The any other business/sports thread

You're a very sad person, shun.

But I have sought to educate you.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#285 intheshed

intheshed
  • Coach
  • 407 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

I dont know if you have seen but Hunslet have only got 4 Leeds Rhinos on dual reg

But that's all if and maybes, i dont agree with an entire squad been dual reg to another club, and our supporters would never accept it, we have had all on convincing them that 4 quality youngsters from Leeds will be beneficial.

Genuine question, BH. The registration this week of Leuluai and Moore is clearly incompatible with your earlier posts, quoted above, is this a sign that Hunslet's approach to DR has now changed or do Leeds have a different view of how DR should work and is that being imposed upon you?

#286 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,060 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

Keighley to dual-reg with Castleford.

Link

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#287 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,111 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

poor keighley
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#288 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

poor keighley

It's actually for Keighley players to go to Cas to get game time ;)
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#289 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

And why are Keighley doing this? So they don't get left behind.

I understand why they're doing this, it's simply because so many other teams have, however to me, it's sad to see that the key reason given is that, rather than the best way to develop RL talent in the area.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#290 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

Genuine question, BH. The registration this week of Leuluai and Moore is clearly incompatible with your earlier posts, quoted above, is this a sign that Hunslet's approach to DR has now changed or do Leeds have a different view of how DR should work and is that being imposed upon you?

We always said we would want 4 dual reg on long term registrations, which has happened, but we only initially had 3 in Keinhorst, Watson and Hood, Barry Eaton has always wanted to bring in Moore as the 4th but that wasn't an option at the start, but circumstances have changed and although i dont think Moore will be on a season long dual reg i think he will more than likely play more times for Hunslet than Leeds this season. As for Leuluai, we got offered him and Barry wanted to take him, its as simple as that. I dont think our stance has changed, we will have the 4 on long term registrations which was the plan, but obviously if the coach gets offered a player, the coach gets paid to decide if he wants to bring that player in to the club, Barry gets paid to make them decisions and as a club we will back him.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#291 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,111 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

It's actually for Keighley players to go to Cas to get game time ;)

ah that makes sense..............
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

#292 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,126 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

We always said we would want 4 dual reg on long term registrations, which has happened, but we only initially had 3 in Keinhorst, Watson and Hood, Barry Eaton has always wanted to bring in Moore as the 4th but that wasn't an option at the start, but circumstances have changed and although i dont think Moore will be on a season long dual reg i think he will more than likely play more times for Hunslet than Leeds this season. As for Leuluai, we got offered him and Barry wanted to take him, its as simple as that. I dont think our stance has changed, we will have the 4 on long term registrations which was the plan, but obviously if the coach gets offered a player, the coach gets paid to decide if he wants to bring that player in to the club, Barry gets paid to make them decisions and as a club we will back him.

Real big names (as Leuluai is) may well be a way of bringing in the fans, as well as winning is.

The low attendance against Barrow was an indicator that the club must take every big name it can, and must win every game it can.

So perfectly understandable.

#293 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,060 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

London and Hemel

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#294 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

London and Hemel

Now thats how to do it properly!
Posted Image

#295 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

When Widnes announced that they had dual registered the whole of their squad (with exceptions) with Workington there was a mass outcry but as I look at it now it seems as if their only fault was to announce it. Other Championship clubs have their pick of their linked SL clubs players that are offered and this as far as the average fan knows could be any SL player. I suppose dual registering the whole squad at one go saves on administration and filling forms every other week for whichever players the SL club are making available.

The silence from Mr Wood at the RFL on this subject is deafening. I would like to hear from him about how this system does not affect the integrity of the Championship competition but I guess he hasn't even noticed the uproar it has caused.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#296 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,126 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

The silence from Mr Wood at the RFL on this subject is deafening. I would like to hear from him about how this system does not affect the integrity of the Championship competition but I guess he hasn't even noticed the uproar it has caused.

Why would he have not noticed?

If it affects the integrity of the competition then the clubs in the competition who do not like the way things are going as members of the RFL have a right to take to task their fellow member clubs that choose to go that way.

As 9 out of 15 CC clubs have decided to go "A" team then "The ayes have it".

What do you expect Mr. Wood to do?

Go against the majority vote??

As for the "uproar" I have noticed that about 20 people on here are "uproarious" at the changes but as 151,000 people pay to watch rugby league I don't see why Mr. Wood should take any notice of a minority of 0.0015% of the fans?

#297 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

Go and sample about 1,000 supporters from Championship clubs Parky, then publish the results, and then we'll take notice of your sarcastic and bombastic cr ap that adds zero to the debate.
The DR scenario that is unravelling is becoming a step too far for many.
For the first time in 35 years of watching the game I'm both p!s$ed-off and sceptic as to its future, and thats with taking P and R away which I don't agree with, but its a fact of life at the moment and a phase of structure that the game is going through, so I'll live with it. I've defended RL to the hilt with those whose wish to degenerate it, but not now, I agree with them. The current DR & loan arrangements are divisive and not fit for purpose.

The majority haven't gone with DR of their own stand-alone volition.
The integrity of the competition has been compromised within a week.

The RFL should go into mass production of colanders, they devise everything with a huge number holes in them. Posters on here weeks ago could see this, but were shouted down.

#298 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,111 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

two of our current squad initially joined the club on dual reg joe mellor from wigan and chris dean from stains........both impressed enough to earn a full time move when we were given a license.

#299 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,126 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:58 AM

Go and sample about 1,000 supporters from Championship clubs Parky, then publish the results, and then we'll take notice of your sarcastic and bombastic cr ap that adds zero to the debate.

The DR scenario that is unravelling is becoming a step too far for many.

You go and sample championship supporters.

Even if you come back with 19,000 cheesed off as regards P & R and DR that's still to be set against 132,000 fans who are quite OK with Superleague thank you very much.

But as we see on here there are plenty of championship fans who are happy to live with things, like their club, like championship Rugby and will carry on enjoying the game, and be thankful their clubs have taken the decisions they have.

As has been said there's a voiciferous minority on here who want to stuff "injustice" down everyone else's throat and I'm not swallowing it so go and do your own poll, and if you don't like what's happening don't start insulting me, go to see the moguls at SKY who have bought the game for a cheap price and are causing these changes,

#300 intheshed

intheshed
  • Coach
  • 407 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

Thanks for the reply, doesn't allay my fears about where this may end up but i appreciate your honesty. Whilst I abhor the system what it allows I find it difficult to be critical of those doing what they feel is best for their club within the constraints of the system. I only hope they are holding their noses whilst they do it.

As an aside im not sure I'd describe Richard Moore as youthful!! Mind, I'm not sure I'd fancy telling him he was old either ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users