Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

An Interesting Approach to Dual Reg.....

• Please log in to reply
313 replies to this topic

#301 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

You go and sample championship supporters.

Even if you come back with 19,000 cheesed off as regards P & R and DR that's still to be set against 132,000 fans who are quite OK with Superleague thank you very much.

But as we see on here there are plenty of championship fans who are happy to live with things, like their club, like championship Rugby and will carry on enjoying the game, and be thankful their clubs have taken the decisions they have.

As has been said there's a voiciferous minority on here who want to stuff "injustice" down everyone else's throat and I'm not swallowing it so go and do your own poll, and if you don't like what's happening don't start insulting me, go to see the moguls at SKY who have bought the game for a cheap price and are causing these changes,

You're the one with all the answers who thinks that 20 posters on here represents the view of the whole of the Championship supporters. Go and prove it by asking a wider auduence as they do in proper polls and not put forward generalisations as gospel.
I could easily say that the majority of Championship supporting posters on here are against the DR and loan fiasco as it stands. (And they do go - and read some of the individual club threads). Therefore, they represent the whole of the Championship community. Job done, easy.

Edited by shaun mc, 08 February 2013 - 01:41 PM.

#302 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,182 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

You're the one with all the answers who thinks that 20 posters on here represents the view of the whole of the Championship supporters. Go and prove it by asking a wider auduence as they do in proper polls and not put forward generalisations as gospel.
I could easily say that the majority of Championship supporting posters on here are against the DR and loan fiasco as it stands. (And they do go - and read some of the individual club threads). Therefore, they represent the whole of the Championship community. Job done, easy.

I'm sure the outraged number between 20 and 19,000.

I'm sure the non-outraged number at least 132,000 as SL clubs benefit here.

So the ayes have it.

Anyway if anyone is outraged then there's recourse to contact your club, or contact the RFL. No mileage in taking me to task.

As for proper polls do you really think everyone answers them truthfully?

Edited by The Parksider, 08 February 2013 - 01:50 PM.

#303 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

So everyone of the 132,000 is for it? Are you absolutely 100% sure?

The community game got 3,000 replies (from memory) to their summer rugby survey so it can be done.

#304 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,182 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

The community game got 3,000 replies (from memory) to their summer rugby survey so it can be done.

I'm not absolutely sure Shaun no.

I'm also not sure the RFL will not reverse the dual reg/feeder/"A" team events.

But I can see a logical reason why the RFL will not do anything and that is because I believe the RFL want every resource in the game to be to Superleague's advantage because the SKY contract they bring in is the be all and end all to them.

(I think)

#305 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

Parky, the majority of SL supporters haven't a clue this is happening, whereas the Championship clubs fans do and in general don't like it. The subject didn't even rate mention on SL Backchat the other eveing.

My club is linked with Widnes but that is something that I had no say in until it happened. I imagine that is the same at all the clubc who have linked. Take alook around all the Championship club forums and you will see the amount of disquiet amongst genuine RL fans, like mysel after 64 years of following my club.

The 100 odd thousand SL fans are not so affected by this. I personally have written several e-mails to various people at the RFL on the subject and the only response I get is a bit of waffle and that they are monitori g the situation. I would have thought that by now the CEO of the governing body could have been making some sort comment by this stage.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#306 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,004 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

Think its time to sack this idea.....

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#307 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

Well I've only had time to look on the Cas forum and there's plenty on there that don't like it
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#308 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,800 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

Parky, the majority of SL supporters haven't a clue this is happening, whereas the Championship clubs fans do and in general don't like it. The subject didn't even rate mention on SL Backchat the other eveing.

Really?

What's that based on?

#309 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

Halifax first club to come out publicly against dual reg http://www.halifaxrl...le.php?id=10483

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#310 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

Really?

What's that based on?

Just have your self a look around the SL club forums and see if you can see any threads on this subject. If you can find any try reading them and you will see that in most cases the poster hasn't a clue about what the system is about. Then go and have a read at many Championship club forums and you will see a complete opposite picture.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#311 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,800 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

Just have your self a look around the SL club forums and see if you can see any threads on this subject. If you can find any try reading them and you will see that in most cases the poster hasn't a clue about what the system is about. Then go and have a read at many Championship club forums and you will see a complete opposite picture.

It may not be the burning issue that it is for fans of clubs who are actually playing these players, but we are not all as ignorant as some people like to make out.

Plenty of us are aware of what is going on, some are ok with it, some are not.

I only read a few boards, but I haven't seen much ignorance on the subject (plenty of confusion like on here, mind!)

#312 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

It may not be the burning issue that it is for fans of clubs who are actually playing these players, but we are not all as ignorant as some people like to make out.

Plenty of us are aware of what is going on, some are ok with it, some are not.

I only read a few boards, but I haven't seen much ignorance on the subject (plenty of confusion like on here, mind!)

I didn't say all I said the majority. But there is a large amount of ignorance about the subject in several SL forums simply because it doesn't affect them, as you have implied.

The main concern is about the effect on Championship clubs and their supporters though and not really a lot to do with SL fans.

#313 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,800 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

I didn't say all I said the majority. But there is a large amount of ignorance about the subject in several SL forums simply because it doesn't affect them, as you have implied.

The main concern is about the effect on Championship clubs and their supporters though and not really a lot to do with SL fans.

I think this is the issue though - I don't like being pigeon-holed just because the club I support happen to play in Super League. I am not a Super League supporter - I am a Rugby League supporter, just like you (I assume). That could be at amateur level where I used to coach, watching Warrington in the SL, watching Scotland play in Edinburgh, following England at Wembley, watching RL Live on TV - or simply following the game on the internet. I love the game, so if there is something that I feel is not in the best interests of the game, then yes it affects me.

Who knows what will happen in 10 years - maybe Warrington will be a weak SL team and be relegated to the Championships - it would directly affect my team then, and I think it would be foolish to ignore things that we don't like.

That said, personally I find the majority of RL fans I interact with just enjoy watching the game and their team and actually don't get that involved with the politics of the sport.

#314 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

That said, personally I find the majority of RL fans I interact with just enjoy watching the game and their team and actually don't get that involved with the politics of the sport.

That is what most fans would wish for but sadly the lower down the pecking order you go you find out that those same politics could mean the death-knell for your club and then there is more of a need to get involved.

The point I was making was that, in general terms, there are not so many SL fans concerned about this system because it a) doesn't really affect their watching of their team and b ) whether player A or player B goes to play one or maybe two matches in the Championship is neither here nor there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users