TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

RUNNING IN THE FAMILY.

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#21 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

I do remember the name Welburn but whether he's related to the great Ken I don't know. Grandson perhaps. The Woolfords of course, and Tony is Stan's son, so they'll be in too. Ramshaws also, though Jason dedicated his career to Keighley rather than his home town team.

Tony is Arnold's son Mark ,Stan's brother.

#22 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

Tony is Arnold's son Mark ,Stan's brother.

I've already said that, Mr Gloom!! Except the brothers bit.

Edited by Maureen T-k, 06 February 2013 - 03:55 PM.

Im Fev and im proud

#23 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,597 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

Thanks for keeping me on the straight 'n' narrow. Before long I'll have to get round to Walt and Alan and Nelson and Clive..........

#24 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

Thanks for keeping me on the straight 'n' narrow. Before long I'll have to get round to Walt and Alan and Nelson and Clive..........

Oh yes!!!
Im Fev and im proud

#25 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,597 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

Jackie & Dale.......

http://marklaspalmas...le-fennell.html

#26 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,597 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

http://marklaspalmas...e-coventry.html

The first uncle/nephew combination in the series.

Eight families covered, many more to come.

#27 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

Great blog Mark. I have always been interested in who was related to who. Featherstone have a long tapestry of this. The uncle nephew thing, I know Tom Saxton is Alan, Keith and Barry Banks'' nephew. I think it may be the same case with Steve and Carl Dooler. There has been a plethera of Barker's and Ward's and I believe Paul Hughes of circa 87- 91was also related to another Rovers player. I would love to know the link between Ivor Lingard and Lee Lingard and whether Any of the Coordings (sp) were related, Ray, Jamie, Andy and Dave. Not really a Rover's link but Andy Kain is the nephew of 70s Cas player John Kain who is Stuart's dad.Maureen has prety good knowledge of family links. I would love to have any more info.

#28 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,161 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

running in the family, quite apt for the Kinseys Mark
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#29 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

Great blog Mark. I have always been interested in who was related to who. Featherstone have a long tapestry of this. The uncle nephew thing, I know Tom Saxton is Alan, Keith and Barry Banks'' nephew. I think it may be the same case with Steve and Carl Dooler. There has been a plethera of Barker's and Ward's and I believe Paul Hughes of circa 87- 91was also related to another Rovers player. I would love to know the link between Ivor Lingard and Lee Lingard and whether Any of the Coordings (sp) were related, Ray, Jamie, Andy and Dave. Not really a Rover's link but Andy Kain is the nephew of 70s Cas player John Kain who is Stuart's dad.Maureen has prety good knowledge of family links. I would love to have any more info.

Paul Hughes was Neil Woolfords brother-in-law at one time, likewise Steve Evans and Gary Sidall were also brother-in-laws at one time. I will have to get my thinking head on about others as I've just come in off a night out in pub.
Im Fev and im proud

#30 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:14 AM

I do believe that Les Tonks Brother is Antony Tonks Grandad, so I think that would make Les, Antony's Great Uncle?

Barney could answer that one

Edited by Maureen T-k, 10 February 2013 - 01:09 PM.

Im Fev and im proud

#31 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

Dave Kellett, Cyril Kellett and Cyril's son Brian
Ikram and Tony Butt
Bob Spurr and Chris Spurr
Did Deryck Foxs brother Martin play for us as well?

Edited by Maureen T-k, 10 February 2013 - 09:46 AM.

Im Fev and im proud

#32 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,597 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:57 AM

Dave Kellett, Cyril Kellett and Cyril's son Brian
Ikram and Tony Butt
Bob Spurr and Chris Spurr
Did Deryck Foxs brother Martin play for us as well?

Yep, briefly.

Ive got all them you've mentioned included.

The families that will really take some sorting out all are:

Morgan

Barraclough

EVans

Anderson

Dooler

Tonks

#33 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,597 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

running in the family, quite apt for the Kinseys Mark

I know Brian was a very handy sprinter. Was Vic too?

#34 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,597 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

Thanks Andrew. Lingard is another of those names that runs through the club (and other clubs too), not just players either.

With regard to the Cordings Ray was the only one who made the Rovers first team, apart from an Eric Cording who played a single match in the 1930s. How do the others fit in?

#35 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,597 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

I do believe that Les Tonks Brother is Antony Tonks Grandad, so I think that would make Les, Antony's Great Uncle?

Barney could answer that one

Or simply his uncle, no? ;)

Then there's Kevin Tonks (Les' son?), Ian Tonks (no relation?) and Josh Tonks (no idea)

Edited by Maureen T-k, 10 February 2013 - 01:09 PM.

#36 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

Thanks Andrew. Lingard is another of those names that runs through the club (and other clubs too), not just players either.

With regard to the Cordings Ray was the only one who made the Rovers first team, apart from an Eric Cording who played a single match in the 1930s. How do the others fit in?

Hi Mark, yeah, Dave Coording was about my age, maybe a year older. He played in the colts/ juniors with Simon Wragg, Alan Banks and Paul Lingard funnily enough. I think Dave may have made a couple of A team outings in the mid 80s. Andy was s junior player around Featherstone, he'd be in his early 30s now, I think he may have played with the lions too. Jamie played for the lions/ juniors with Westerman and Kiell Carlyle, think he may be at Huddersfield now.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 10 February 2013 - 12:14 PM.

#37 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

I asked Tangi Ropati if he was related to the famous Ropati clan. He said only very distantly, so his relationship with Iva is only a very tenuous one.

#38 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

Ray Cording as a son called David
Im Fev and im proud

#39 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,597 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

I asked Tangi Ropati if he was related to the famous Ropati clan. He said only very distantly, so his relationship with Iva is only a very tenuous one.

Yes. Likewise Jerome Ropati was only very distantly related.

The brothers were Peter (Leigh) Joe (Warrington) Tea (saints) Iva (Fev, sheff) and I think two more John and Romi

#40 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,597 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

Jamie played for the lions/ juniors with Westerman and Kiell Carlyle, think he may be at Huddersfield now.

Yes, he has the no.19 shirt at the Giants this year. Keal Carlile is at Hull KR, he played yesterday. I thought he was at Bradford, and then was seriously ill, wasn't he?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users