TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

RUNNING IN THE FAMILY.

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#121 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,601 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

Calling all Andersons, Barracloughs, Barkers and Smiths. Can you help me out with the family tree of any of these former Featherstone Rovers players?

Thank you.

http://marklaspalmas...ough-smith.html

#122 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,601 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:05 AM

Calling all Johnsons, Joneses, Taylors and Wards. Can you help me out with the family tree of any of these former Featherstone Rovers players?

Thank you.

http://marklaspalmas...aylor-ward.html

#123 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

Alan,Steve, Nigel, Pete, Brian all Barkers were closely associated with Rovers in the 80s. Nigel had a brother called Lyza, don't know if any others are related, we need Mo on this one. Also Gary Ward and Shaun Ward were in the Rovers squad in the same era. I remember Garry Ward playing prop at Waki in an away game at the end of the 81/82 season. Can anyone guess who the other prop was that night?

A couple of seasons later we had Geoff and Peter Clarkson.

Also, and Steve will know the answer to this, was Martyn Slater related to Steve and Ian?

Edited by Andrew Vause, 25 April 2013 - 08:35 PM.

#124 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

Alan,Steve, Nigel, Pete, Brian all Barkers were closely associated with Rovers in the 80s. Nigel had a brother called Lyza, don't know if any others are related, we need Mo on this one. Also Gary Ward and Shaun Ward were in the Rovers squad in the same era. I remember Garry Ward playing prop at Waki in an away game at the end of the 81/82 season. Can anyone guess who the other prop was that night?
Also, and Steve will know the answer to this, was Martyn Slater related to Steve and Ian?

Martyn Slater is Richard Slater's brother Andy.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#125 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,264 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

I went to school with the Barker clan, Alan,Steve,Pete & Brian ( who sadly passed away this year on New Year's Day) are brothers, there Dad and Nigel's Dad were cousins, and this as been clarified by Nigel's sister who I work with. The Steve Barker is not the one mentioned in the article though.

I also went to school with Pete Clarkson, but I'm not sure if he is related to Geoff Clarkson

Edited by Maureen T-k, 25 April 2013 - 10:34 PM.

Im Fev and im proud

#126 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:50 AM

Thanks Terry/ Mo.

The Steve Barker I meant was a scrum half I think. He played under Vince Farrar in the early 80s. He might have played for Jubilee.

#127 Bazzer

Bazzer
  • Coach
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:04 AM

Andrew. I think Gary Ward was sub forward in that game V Wake and the 2 starting props were Gary Siddall and Ray Handscombe

#128 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:01 AM

Thanks Terry/ Mo.
The Steve Barker I meant was a scrum half I think. He played under Vince Farrar in the early 80s. He might have played for Jubilee.

I remember scrum half, Steve Barker, I'm sure he was a Pontefract lad but not related to the Featherstone family I don't think. Clever half back who didn't quite break into regular first team football. Don't think Geoff and Peter Clarkson are related either. Pete's son plays second row for the Rhinos first team squad on a regular basis.

Edited by Terry Mullaney, 26 April 2013 - 08:05 AM.

#129 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,264 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:17 AM

I remember scrum half, Steve Barker, I'm sure he was a Pontefract lad but not related to the Featherstone family I don't think. Clever half back who didn't quite break into regular first team football. Don't think Geoff and Peter Clarkson are related either. Pete's son plays second row for the Rhinos first team squad on a regular basis.

Terry, it's not Pete's son, I know they once announced it on super league that it was, all they have in common is the same name (Kris)
Im Fev and im proud

#130 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:27 AM

Andrew. I think Gary Ward was sub forward in that game V Wake and the 2 starting props were Gary Siddall and Ray Handscombe

Thinking about it that is a great shout Bazzer. Ray propped because Tony O'toole or Mark Shaw or Craig Parry I can't remember was given a run out.

#131 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,601 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:52 AM

Thinking about it that is a great shout Bazzer. Ray propped because Tony O'toole or Mark Shaw or Craig Parry I can't remember was given a run out.

Tony O'toole

#132 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:40 AM

Terry, it's not Pete's son, I know they once announced it on super league that it was, all they have in common is the same name (Kris)

I mean Peter Clarkson, a Leeds lad, who played for us Mo. Are you thinking of Pete from Fev?

#133 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

I mean Peter Clarkson, a Leeds lad, who played for us Mo. Are you thinking of Pete from Fev?

Was Micky Clarkson related to Peter?

#134 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,601 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

Cracking thread this.... :P

#135 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,264 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

Yes, Pete from Fev, Terry
Im Fev and im proud

#136 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

Was Micky Clarkson related to Peter?

No, don't think so Andy. Mickey's a Wakefield lad and played for Wakefield schools in the 1986 Wembley curtain raiser with our Steve.

#137 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:22 PM

No, don't think so Andy. Mickey's a Wakefield lad and played for Wakefield schools in the 1986 Wembley curtain raiser with our Steve.

Thanks Terry, as always.

#138 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

I've already said that, Mr Gloom!! Except the brothers bit.

I don't know if his has been mentioned, apologies if so but Greg Nicholson ca. 2006 was also related to Tony, I'm almost certain they were cousins.

#139 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,601 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:47 AM

I don't know if his has been mentioned, apologies if so but Greg Nicholson ca. 2006 was also related to Tony, I'm almost certain they were cousins.

And Tony is the son of Arnie, and Arnie is the brother of Stan? I think I remember being corrected on this point a bit back.

#140 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,264 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

Tony is Arnies son,
Stan & Arnie are brothers
Greg is the son of Gary, who is the brother of Stan & Arnie
So Tony & Greg are cousins...........phew!!!
Im Fev and im proud

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users