TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Where's Gav?

Feeder clubs

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#181 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

Week one and Swinton don't break the rules but is this why the partnerships were brought to be using experienced players of this quality or was it to bring youth through at a better standard
Would of liked to of been at these meeting to see what was actually said and how they said they would run them

It's going to end in tears JT and it won't be the RFL or SL clubs that will be shedding them that's for sure.

#182 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

I see swinton have found away around the system. The 6 players that were dual reg to them in pre season are now swinton players apparently. So that means they can dual reg 5 more wire players through out the season. But I bet those 6 players become wire players again at the end of the season. Is it clever or is it just taking advantage of the system? Which ever one it is its totally wrong IMO. That means they can field 10 wire players each week in theory.

#183 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,913 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

As long as they're there a month, they're loans. Any club can do that, including us.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#184 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

As long as they're there a month, they're loans. Any club can do that, including us.

So by that then Richie swinton will be fielding 10 wire players week in week out? Or that would be 11 seen as though the 6 players that were originally DR are now loans.

Edited by thundergaz, 01 February 2013 - 07:18 PM.

#185 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

No, according to Swinton the six players are now fully signed on players of Swinton, even though articles on their own website dated 5 January and 10 January describe them as dual registered players. These are not loanees but as gaz says they will become Warrington players again at some point at the end of the season.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#186 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

It's going to end in tears JT and it won't be the RFL or SL clubs that will be shedding them that's for sure.

For God's sake at least be original on your posts instead of pinching other people's!

Anyway, I am not sure about the Swinton ploy. I too will be interested in what happens to their 'new' players at the end of the season.

#187 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

For God's sake at least be original on your posts instead of pinching other people's!

Anyway, I am not sure about the Swinton ploy. I too will be interested in what happens to their 'new' players at the end of the season.

I for one will be glad when it all goes head over heels and if these clubs that are in link ups are no longer around then so be it because this is becoming ridiculous now. I don't mind the DR system if its used properly ie through injuries or giving young uns a game but first team SL players over 30 come on.

#188 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

I for one will be glad when it all goes head over heels and if these clubs that are in link ups are no longer around then so be it because this is becoming ridiculous now. I don't mind the DR system if its used properly ie through injuries or giving young uns a game but first team SL players over 30 come on.

I thought you said you would hate to see any club go to the wall?

#189 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

I thought you said you would hate to see any club go to the wall?

I would before all this started. Especially teams like yourselves I would rather a SL club go to the wall than a champ club but even you have to admit this system is being taken advantage of.

#190 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

I wonder what choice the six young Warrington players had before they were signed by Swinton. One of them, Ryan Shaw was on DR with Barrow last year and enjoyed it there, did he get a choice to go back there or not? It's a can of worms now. Tony Smith was against doing away with the Under 23's for his reserves and it now looks as if he has got what he wanted.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#191 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,913 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

No, according to Swinton the six players are now fully signed on players of Swinton, even though articles on their own website dated 5 January and 10 January describe them as dual registered players. These are not loanees but as gaz says they will become Warrington players again at some point at the end of the season.

If there's an agreement from the outset that they'll go back to Warrington, they're loans.

#192 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,286 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

Reminds me of my National Service . Swinton are now a transit camp. No regulars there just different faces in and out.

#193 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

If there's an agreement from the outset that they'll go back to Warrington, they're loans.

They're not loans if Warrington have released them from their contracts and they have then signed for Swinton. Nothing to stop Swinton releasing them at the end of the season - either by 'mutual agreement' or they are just contracted till then. Warrington then resign them. No loan deal involved at all.

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep, 02 February 2013 - 11:33 AM.

#194 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,578 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

http://www.hunsletha...n-dual-reg.html I would like somebody to explain to me how this is not another Feeder club? Leeds Rhinos players coming back from injury playing for Hunslet is a feeder system, not the Dual Regs that the RFL and SL clubs and fans have made out. Any thoughts Gav on the feeder system which is clearly in place at a number of clubs now?

#195 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

Any thoughts Gav on the feeder system which is clearly in place at a number of clubs now?

I made my thoughts clear about this last week.
Posted Image

#196 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,913 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

I've got to say I thought it would be a shambles but I didn't expect this level of pi$$taking as early as Week 2. :huh:

#197 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

The problem from this for us now is DPs theory of recruiting a big squad so we can rest players as gone out of the window. I can't see DP resting players now if come the play offs and we play swinton with briers Morley etc in their squad.

Edited by thundergaz, 06 February 2013 - 06:51 PM.

#198 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

I've got to say I thought it would be a shambles but I didn't expect this level of pi$$taking as early as Week 2. :huh:

😄😄 Richie by week 8 all the link up clubs will be doing this now. They are like sheep when one linked up the rest followed the same will happen here.

#199 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 856 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

From what i have been told if at the end of the season another club comes in for anyone of the six it will be up to the player to choose whether to go back to warrington or except the offer from the other club

#200 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,913 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:43 AM

Richie by week 8 all the link up clubs will be doing this now. They are like sheep when one linked up the rest followed the same will happen here.

You reckon ?

I'm tipping the opposite, as the $uperleague clubs pick up a few injuries.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users