Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Where's Gav?

Feeder clubs

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#221 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,707 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

No, equally to blame are the Championship clubs falling over themselves to get into bed with a SL club and the RFL for creating a 'league of death' in Championship 1.

And you would like everyone to believe that if Fev had been in the same position as some of these clubs they wouldn't have been part of it. Come on get real.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#222 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,487 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

And even if you're holding on by your fingertips there's always a chance you'll survive; grab the greasy rope and down to (probable) oblivion is the only way you're going......

What a great analogy !! ^_^
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#223 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

And you would like everyone to believe that if Fev had been in the same position as some of these clubs they wouldn't have been part of it. Come on get real.

Who knows? But with Fev being more of a 'members' club than most with it's A shareholders, I doubt the BOD would've got away lightly if they had. Anyway, as I said earlier, likely oblivion for the greasy rope grabbers.

#224 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,707 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

Who knows? But with Fev being more of a 'members' club than most with it's A shareholders, I doubt the BOD would've got away lightly if they had. Anyway, as I said earlier, likely oblivion for the greasy rope grabbers.

So seeing as you seem to know what goes on at the other clubs that use dual registration, how many of them are on this greasy rope to oblivion?

My club has used the dual registration system exactly as the "gang of four"'s memorandum of association was suggesting, so are they on this rope?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#225 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

The RFL didn't want this to happen, they advised against it. Blame the Superleague clubs who voted for it anyway.

I think I'm right in saying that the RFL have the power to veto any decision made by the clubs if not considered to be in the best interests of the game. They didn't, so what does that tell you?
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#226 Arnie morgans knee

Arnie morgans knee
  • Coach
  • 609 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

Well i have read all these posts with interest, there are some very good points raised for both sides but the bottom line is DR is killing the game at the lower levels. Money should be filtered to the amatuer leagues to help nurture some of the raw talent that is around and ultimately the boys good enough to make it wil make the decision who to play for based on which teams have made an offer, in other words its not broken why try and fix it.
Behind the mask of a clown lie the fears of a man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users