Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Where's Gav?

Feeder clubs

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#21 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

I hope we throw them 2 games to help them stay up and send 2 feeder clubs to deaths door.

Dear me....

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#22 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

Dear me....

Simon I've got nothing against any club. I hope every club survives I don't want any club to go bust etc. But the RFL are making a mockery of our sport and if it takes their plans to fail for the top men at red hall to vacate their positions then so be it as drastic as it may seem. I'm sick to death of the RFL running a very good sport into the ground. They only care about the so called big teams in SL and SL its self.

#23 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

Simon I've got nothing against any club. I hope every club survives I don't want any club to go bust etc. But the RFL are making a mockery of our sport and if it takes their plans to fail for the top men at red hall to vacate their positions then so be it as drastic as it may seem. I'm sick to death of the RFL running a very good sport into the ground. They only care about the so called big teams in SL and SL its self.

You are clearly contradicting your previous post!

#24 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

Simon I've got nothing against any club. I hope every club survives I don't want any club to go bust etc.

Ahem....

I hope we throw them 2 games to help them stay up and send 2 feeder clubs to deaths door.

Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#25 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

The short sightedness of the CHAMPIONSHIP chairmen are to blame for allowing it to happen; It is they that are running their clubs into oblivion;

#26 ProBono

ProBono
  • Players
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

Overseas players requiring Visa`s wont be involved in this mass dual registration flimflam.
Hock is on loan to Widnes so is not available to Workington.

#27 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 371 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

Ahem....

Not worth it Simon !!!

They have a sugar daddy !!

They won't let it lie not worth the time and effort !!

#28 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,953 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

Not worth it Simon !!!

They have a sugar daddy !!

They won't let it lie not worth the time and effort !!

and some people can't see past their nose end
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#29 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

Flattered you titled this thread after me by the way...
Posted Image

#30 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

You are clearly contradicting your previous post!

The point I was trying to get across is I would rather 2 feeder clubs get relegated than say the likes of barrow who are trying to build from their own back yard. I understand that clubs have had to go down this route but why batley have I will never know unless they have no intention of SL. But the start point of all this is the RFL or the RFL being dictated to by the SL clubs. Someone said the other day would you rather have blatter as the chairman of RL. Before SL I would of said definitely not but I'm getting to the point where yes blatter would be better.

Edited by thundergaz, 25 January 2013 - 04:48 PM.

#31 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

Someone said the other day would you rather have blatter as the chairman of RL. Before SL I would of said definitely not but I'm getting to the point where yes blatter would be better.

Are you some sort of parody?

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#32 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

Are you some sort of parody?

I don't see the humour in that post Simon I see it as desperate times for our sport myself.

#33 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

I don't see the humour in that post Simon I see it as desperate times for our sport myself.

You will be ok when your in Super League next season.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#34 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

You will be ok when your in Super League next season.

Us being in SL doesn't solve the problems our game as.

#35 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

Don't blame the RFL don't blame the S/L clubs Every club had a choice and some chairmen think its better for there club It will cause unrest in the championship with signed players it will cause the clubs to be unsettled and I don't think it will be as good for the clubs as people think Lets see what happens

#36 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

I meant you, as in are you some sort of parody of a blinkered old fashioned rugby league fan from a little pit village.

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#37 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

Don't blame the RFL don't blame the S/L clubs Every club had a choice and some chairmen think its better for there club It will cause unrest in the championship with signed players it will cause the clubs to be unsettled and I don't think it will be as good for the clubs as people think Lets see what happens

The top 5 will still be the same teams no doubt about that. It's the relegation battle that this will effect and the last 3 play off places.

#38 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

I meant you, as in are you some sort of parody of a blinkered old fashioned rugby league fan from a little pit village.

With that comment you must believe our sport is in safe hands then? I've watch our sport for years and I've seen some terrible times in our sport but I've never seen it as bad as it is now.

Edited by thundergaz, 25 January 2013 - 05:26 PM.

#39 IanFalkiner

IanFalkiner
  • Coach
  • 132 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

I think the York fans on here have short memories. Go back a few years when York folded, I beleive York wanted £30k to stay afloat and the RFL and SL allowed York to go bust. I remember this because I got in a heated argument with Bradford Bulls supporters who quoted "not interested if its not Super League". From that day it has become increasingly obvious to me of the inequalities between SL and the other divisions, to the extent I now will not attend any Challenge Cup Finals/Internationals etc. Super league clubs are only doing DR for their benefit they do not give a monkeys about the lower leagues. It used to be SL clubs against Championship clubs,it is now championship clubs against each other.
I do realise 1 or 2 fev fans on this forum have a "holier than thou"attitude but I know these things come and go and we can be in the lowest division in the future { like we was in 2007) but the Championship is now being devalued for the main benefit of SL clubs. No one will convince me otherwise.
Rant over - I am now going for a lie down!!!

#40 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

I think the York fans on here have short memories. Go back a few years when York folded, I beleive York wanted £30k to stay afloat and the RFL and SL allowed York to go bust. I remember this because I got in a heated argument with Bradford Bulls supporters who quoted "not interested if its not Super League". From that day it has become increasingly obvious to me of the inequalities between SL and the other divisions, to the extent I now will not attend any Challenge Cup Finals/Internationals etc. Super league clubs are only doing DR for their benefit they do not give a monkeys about the lower leagues. It used to be SL clubs against Championship clubs,it is now championship clubs against each other.
I do realise 1 or 2 fev fans on this forum have a "holier than thou"attitude but I know these things come and go and we can be in the lowest division in the future { like we was in 2007) but the Championship is now being devalued for the main benefit of SL clubs. No one will convince me otherwise.
Rant over - I am now going for a lie down!!!

So to sum up: You have boycotted all Challenge Cup Finals and Internationals since 2002, and gauged the thoughts of the SuperLeague clubs themselves, from having a barney with a few tight Bradford fans?

Thats some mightily impressive stubborness.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users