Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Where's Gav?

Feeder clubs

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#61 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

What's your gut feeling then Gav?

I don't have one. I'm taking it as it comes.
Posted Image

#62 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

We know they don't care about anything or anyone outside of the SL.

I strongly beg to differ.
Posted Image

#63 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

Griff it won't effect the top 5 IMO as the top 5 have enough fire power to see this off. But it's more about where the RFL are going to go with this in the future. We know they don't care about anything or anyone outside of the SL. So where's it going to lead? All these link up clubs going out of business etc. I know that's a massive assumption but I don't trust the RFL or the SL clubs both will do what's best for them and they won't give one hoot for the little partner in all this.

How do you know this? Stop making ridiculous sweeping statements that you have no idea whether true or not. I do believe that officials of your club have stated that they have received considerable help from the RFL in your quest for Super League.

#64 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

How do you know this? Stop making ridiculous sweeping statements that you have no idea whether true or not. I do believe that officials of your club have stated that they have received considerable help from the RFL in your quest for Super League.

When the new Championship sponsor is announced (after some considerable work from the RFL) I won't be sharing any of my freebies with him...
Posted Image

#65 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

You just have to look at our game to see if they care or not its not rocket science. Also we asked the RFL to help us out what were they gonna say NO?

#66 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

When the new Championship sponsor is announced (after some considerable work from the RFL) I won't be sharing any of my freebies with him...

😄😄😄 shouldn't that be if not when?

Edited by thundergaz, 25 January 2013 - 06:47 PM.

#67 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

You just have to look at our game to see if they care or not its not rocket science. Also we asked the RFL to help us out what were they gonna say NO?

Lots of clubs ask the RFL to help them out, and they aften say NO! My point is not about whether the RFL support the game, (they do, including your club. . . substantially) it's about you making sweeping statements about things you have no idea about.

#68 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,955 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

quite true.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#69 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,778 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

Griff it won't effect the top 5 IMO as the top 5 have enough fire power to see this off. But it's more about where the RFL are going to go with this in the future. We know they don't care about anything or anyone outside of the SL. So where's it going to lead? All these link up clubs going out of business etc..

Are they ? I don't go that far myself.

We've used dual reg. The successes were the Vinny Finnegans, players who had a good run at the club and could have been loaned out to us under the old rules. The failures were the Kyle Woods - good player, but we never knew whether or not he was going to play.

DR isn't the end of the RL world. It's just an extension of the loan system we've had for as long as I've been watching the game. Let's not get carried away.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#70 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

Lots of clubs ask the RFL to help them out, and they aften say NO! My point is not about whether the RFL support the game, (they do, including your club. . . substantially) it's about you making sweeping statements about things you have no idea about.

I'm sorry you feel that way but I've had enough of the big wigs at red hall and maybe my points do get far fetched but its just the anger of where our sport is heading with these in charge.

#71 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

Surely they get that by replacing 18s & 20s with a single U19 not from having the partnership, don't they?

Fwiw, I don't think the Widnes/Town arrangement will be greatly different from the vast majority of others in practice. Whether they say so openly or not in most cases the entirety of a SL club's squad will available for DR if they are not being selected for their 1st team, they have nowhere else to play.

Exactly. That's why the limit of five will never be adequate. The Championship is to become a SL Reserves competition no matter how people may choose to dress it up.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#72 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

So do they care or not?
Posted Image

#73 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,858 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

Exactly. That's why the limit of five will never be adequate. The Championship is to become a SL Reserves competition no matter how people may choose to dress it up.

Who knows where it might lead in the future? What does amaze me though is why don't more SL clubs take up the option of having a second linked club, which must be in one of the several regions that were outlined and included Wales, London and Cumbria. If what you are saying is in their thought process then by linking with a second club they could give 10 players (5 at each club) game time. St Helens have that option by being linked with Rochdale and Whitehaven.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#74 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

Closer ? They're in Lancashire ... how much closer can you get ? ;)

I wish you would shut up with this barrow- Lancashire s**t its getting boring, the only thing it is doing is showing how old you are! get over it man. ;)

#75 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

So do they care or not?

Gav do you honestly see the RFL letting us into SL? Or any other champ club? It's all become about expansion now not the heartlands. ( I really hope I'm wrong but I don't see it happening). The taking away of P&R as taken the dream away from our game and without the dream what have you got? Also I'm not putting all the blame on the RFL as SKY have pulling power too as they fund the elite league.

Edited by thundergaz, 25 January 2013 - 07:20 PM.

#76 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

Gav do you honestly see the RFL letting us into SL? Or any other champ club? It's all become about expansion now not the heartlands. ( I really hope I'm wrong but I don't see it happening). The taking away of P&R as taken the dream away from our game and without the dream what have you got? Also I'm not putting all the blame on the RFL as SKY have pulling power too as they fund the elite league.

I can quite easily see Fev in SuperLeague in the next few years. The stadium developments and million pound investment would seem pretty pointless otherwise.
Posted Image

#77 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

Us being in SL doesn't solve the problems our game as.

But you won't give a sh&t about them problems then, or will you still be concerned that York, Hunslet & other teams may be at an advantage to Halifax because we have dual reg agreements and poor old Halifax are doing it the hard way? Me thinks not ;)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#78 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

There seems to be a lot of effort going in down PostOffice Road for nowt then Gaz. The RFL have stated that a Championship club will be admitted into SL in 2015. Who's better placed than Fev?
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#79 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

But you won't give a sh&t about them problems then, or will you still be concerned that York, Hunslet & other teams may be at an advantage to Halifax because we have dual reg agreements and poor old Halifax are doing it the hard way? Me thinks not ;)

You have got it all wrong. Just because we are in SL do you honestly think I wouldn't care about the rest of the champ? We have had it bad too and maybe worse than a lot of teams at one point. We were in the gutter at one point and for me i would love the likes of York, hunslet and Workington etc in SL one day. The champ as great sets of fans from top to bottom and I can honestly say I will never forget my time in the championship ever.

#80 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

There seems to be a lot of effort going in down PostOffice Road for nowt then Gaz. The RFL have stated that a Championship club will be admitted into SL in 2015. Who's better placed than Fev?

Terry I would never knock anything our BOD do because they have/ are working miracles at our club. I just think Toulouse will take that spot in 2015 or another expansion team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users