Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Where's Gav?

Feeder clubs

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#101 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,951 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

I have never forgotten the Leeds and Bramley link up. It's just about the same agreement as Workington and Widnes have and look what happened to Bramley.

as said on t'other forum gaz. Bramleys demise was sod all to do with leeds and everything to do with other factors, almost all to do with the bramley club!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#102 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,951 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

Terry I would never knock anything our BOD do because they have/ are working miracles at our club. I just think Toulouse will take that spot in 2015 or another expansion team.

Best have a word wi mark or possy then gaz and tell em your opinion.
Do us a fav and let me know when you're going to have that chat wi campbell! That I want to see!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

#103 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,951 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

Sorry Gav but it will eventually be the Hull coach who picks your team. That's what happens with reserve teams and that's why some clubs have DR'd their entire squads with CC clubs. That's what's down the track for you, sorry to say.

I really don't want it to be that way Terry. But I just can't see any other outcome....

#104 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

The teams in the championship that have become feeder clubs wont be getting any of my money this year, that is my choice and the reason is they have made the division a complete laughing stock, it is now a reserve competition. You can argue all day long but at the end of the day its a reserve comp, all because the self styled elite cant manage on 1,3 million per season, its short sighted beyond belief. I myself arnt too bothered because im sure Rovers will eventually be in the top division, but trust me the Yorks, Hunslets, Dewsburys etc by agreeing to this have put the final nails in your own coffins, good luck to you. The game is a complete farce last season Rovers U18 were to play Huddersfield U18, they get 100k to fund there team we get nothing, the game was postponed because they couldnt get a team, unbelievable, but what do the RFL do, they cut the prize money for the championship grand final to 50k, so potential winners Rovers cash winning options are lowered so they can keep more in the pot for teams like Huddersfield who are obviously criminally wasting it. All the feeder teams are doing is giving the self styled elite more options of keeping even more money and wasting it. Sorry you wont be getting any money from me to help you save them more money. Im not worried because im certain we would beat Widnes 1st team so im not bothered about there reserves or any of the other reserve sides. When the feeder clubs either go bust or eventually become official feeder teams i for 1 wont be shedding any tears, you brought it on yourselves

#105 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

The teams in the championship that have become feeder clubs wont be getting any of my money this year, that is my choice and the reason is they have made the division a complete laughing stock, it is now a reserve competition. You can argue all day long but at the end of the day its a reserve comp, all because the self styled elite cant manage on 1,3 million per season, its short sighted beyond belief. I myself arnt too bothered because im sure Rovers will eventually be in the top division, but trust me the Yorks, Hunslets, Dewsburys etc by agreeing to this have put the final nails in your own coffins, good luck to you. The game is a complete farce last season Rovers U18 were to play Huddersfield U18, they get 100k to fund there team we get nothing, the game was postponed because they couldnt get a team, unbelievable, but what do the RFL do, they cut the prize money for the championship grand final to 50k, so potential winners Rovers cash winning options are lowered so they can keep more in the pot for teams like Huddersfield who are obviously criminally wasting it. All the feeder teams are doing is giving the self styled elite more options of keeping even more money and wasting it. Sorry you wont be getting any money from me to help you save them more money. Im not worried because im certain we would beat Widnes 1st team so im not bothered about there reserves or any of the other reserve sides. When the feeder clubs either go bust or eventually become official feeder teams i for 1 wont be shedding any tears, you brought it on yourselves

Looking forward to joining the 'self styled elite' then? So am I. Maybe you might give it a rest when that finally happens.

You clearly don't care about any other clubs in this division, so why are you so outraged by it all? Why not just live and let live eh?

Its funny how you slate the 'self styled elite' and also express your anticipation of you club joining them in the same post. Are Featherstone the ONLY club in British Rugby League that is completely faultless in every area then? If so then fair play, thats mightily impressive.

As it stands, there are no feeder clubs. There are no reserve teams. Some clubs in this division have the option of sharing off-field resources and playing up to 5 players from another club to help them out. Fair play to them I say. Featherstone are strong enough to go it alone (although I hear this very nearly wasn't the case). Fair play to them too. Whats the issue?
Posted Image

#106 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,951 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

As it stands, there are no feeder clubs. There are no reserve teams. Some clubs in this division have the option of sharing off-field resources and playing up to 5 players from another club to help them out.

We quibble over definitions Gav. You say that there are no feeder clubs. I say your clubs arrangement with Hull makes York a 'feeder' club and is a crapola direction to take the game. As is his wont, Lowfield (I believe) has no other way than to abstain from those clubs to register his protest. I choose to voice my opposition to the system but will still opt to watch Rovers wherever I choose to. C'est la vie!

Edited by Robin Evans, 26 January 2013 - 02:30 PM.

#107 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

Looking forward to joining the 'self styled elite' then? So am I. Maybe you might give it a rest when that finally happens.

You clearly don't care about any other clubs in this division, so why are you so outraged by it all? Why not just live and let live eh?

Its funny how you slate the 'self styled elite' and also express your anticipation of you club joining them in the same post. Are Featherstone the ONLY club in British Rugby League that is completely faultless in every area then? If so then fair play, thats mightily impressive.

As it stands, there are no feeder clubs. There are no reserve teams. Some clubs in this division have the option of sharing off-field resources and playing up to 5 players from another club to help them out. Fair play to them I say. Featherstone are strong enough to go it alone (although I hear this very nearly wasn't the case). Fair play to them too. Whats the issue?

And earlier in this very thread you replied to Terry that '5' was too many (post 56 in case you've forgotten) - so we're already beyond what you deem acceptable then?

Also it's reported elsewhere that Swinton fielded 9 Warrington players in their friendly with Leigh. For me that is a sure sign of things to come for those clubs who've climbed on board this particular runaway train.

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep, 26 January 2013 - 02:40 PM.

#108 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

There is a big difference between us and the other 14, we have had years and years of hard work to get where we are, those clubs have had it handed on a plate, the RFL have treat them differently to the rest, they have wasted millions and millions and still want more from the trough. Sorruy your a feeder club good luck to you

#109 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

And earlier in this very thread you replied to Terry that '5' was too many (post 56 in case you've forgotten) - so we're already beyond what you deem acceptable then?

No, we are at the limit of what I personally deem acceptable. 5.
Posted Image

#110 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

No, we are at the limit of what I personally deem acceptable. 5.

But that's not what you said earlier: in reply to intheshed's (not Terry's as I said earlier) question "Would there be a number that would be too many, in your opinion? If so, how many?" you said "5" Make your mind up ;)

Anyway 9 Warrington players in Swinton's side, what do you make of that?

#111 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

But that's not what you said earlier: in reply to intheshed's (not Terry's as I said earlier) question "Would there be a number that would be too many, in your opinion? If so, how many?" you said "5" Make your mind up ;)

Anyway 9 Warrington players in Swinton's side, what do you make of that?

Ok 6 is too many then :D

It was a friendly. So nothing.
Posted Image

#112 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,031 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

Ok 6 is too many then :D

It was a friendly. So nothing.

by what reasoning did you arrive at 5 or 6 or whatever it is now
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#113 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,031 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

if i were a championship player, training 2 or 3 times a week and then not getting a game (no appearance money or win bonus) because my coach was drafting in 5 superleague players. i think i would then opt for the amateur game and a less strict training regime. if a number of my teamates did the same, where would that leave the coach?,would he try to recruit from the local amateurs, and would they come, knowing they may not get a game. the likelihood would be that he would want more players from his superleague twin. the superleague clubs would not argue against it, and thus the championship club becomes solely reliant on the superleague club. it could never happen, could it?
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#114 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,031 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

Sorry Gav but it will eventually be the Hull coach who picks your team. That's what happens with reserve teams and that's why some clubs have DR'd their entire squads with CC clubs. That's what's down the track for you, sorry to say.

Terry, if Neville Chamberlain were alive today i think he would be stood foursquare with Gav on this one.
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#115 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

haven4ever has posted this question on the main TotalRL forum. I'd be facinated to see Gav's answer:

"Why register the likes of Kevin brown etc on dual reg.he will play every week for Widnes .The only benefit having DR is if he is out injured for a while Widnes can then say we want him to play 20 mins for town this week to get him some game time.and town will have no option but to play him even if it's only for 20/30 mins
If this isn't the case then why bother registering him
Sounds like a reserve team to me"

#116 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

There are none so blind.....
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#117 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

haven4ever has posted this question on the main TotalRL forum. I'd be facinated to see Gav's answer:

"Why register the likes of Kevin brown etc on dual reg.he will play every week for Widnes .The only benefit having DR is if he is out injured for a while Widnes can then say we want him to play 20 mins for town this week to get him some game time.and town will have no option but to play him even if it's only for 20/30 mins

The Head Coach at Workington has the final say as to who plays in his team.
Posted Image

#118 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

Stop cherry picking posts and read everyone's you might learn something, then again.............

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#119 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,951 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

Stop cherry picking posts and read everyone's you might learn something, then again.............

cherry picking or not, its a fair question don't ya think?

#120 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

The Head Coach at Workington has the final say as to who plays in his team.

Yeah, right.

If these paternerships are so good for the Championship Clubs their BODs will want to ensure that they carry on next season and beyond. The only way to do that is keep the SL club 'sweet' and do as they ask. Following the Widnes/Workington announcement I'd be surprised if others don't follow suit.

Let's be honest, the only reason you're in favour of all this is because you think 5 Hull players will ensure York avoid relegation. Unfortunately, most other teams have gone down the same route, some more so than others. So much for it all being to provide a pathway to develop 'young' SL fringe players. eh?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users