• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#141 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

Oh.

oh yes, the one thing i do have control over is my money and your club wont be getting any, i just hope the other 4/500 Rovers fans that might attend follow the lead, might just make some folk see sense because they are destroying this game.
Heard james Ford already left because of it

Edited by LOWFIELD, 28 January 2013 - 12:11 PM.

#142 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,973 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

You're bored at home aren't you silly swingers???
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#143 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

He played yesterday, so unless he's left the club this morning?

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#144 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

oh yes, the one thing i do have control over is my money and your club wont be getting any, i just hope the other 4/500 Rovers fans that might attend follow the lead, might just make some folk see sense because they are destroying this game.

I know where your coming from but I will be attending all the away games this season apart from the hunslet game through principle. But I don't mind giving money to other clubs to watch my team even if it does go towards the SL.( Even if i don't like the idea) We should really be supporting our fellow clubs especially the Yorkshire clubs.

#145 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

The thing I don't get with the DR system is you can only have 5 DR but in theory could you have the 5 DR players and the remaining 12 players in your squad being loans? If this can be done I'm sure some clubs would try it.

#146 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,973 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

You've obviously never been to planet Lowfield then Simon???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

#147 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 562 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

weve got a pretty strong 25 man squad at haven so cant see us ever using more than 3 saints players rumours are we could be getting 2 or 3 on season long loans which is completely different to dual reg so lets wait and see and when town get their 1st teamers fully fit i cant see them using many widnes reserves the only positions they seem weak in is at halfback maybe loose forward

#148 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

hes left today had enough apparantly

#149 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/21211330

Non of you feeder clubs will be getting my money to help these people waste even more money

You not going to any away matches when Fev reach SL then?

Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#150 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

I think a lot more will follow him over the next few seasons with the DR system. I mean if your not getting a game because of this system you will eventually get fed up and leave. This system means more and more players will disappear from the game this also includes the young guys and amateur level. If the opportunities become less and less they will soon move on.

#151 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

I think a lot more will follow him over the next few seasons with the DR system. I mean if your not getting a game because of this system you will eventually get fed up and leave. This system means more and more players will disappear from the game this also includes the young guys and amateur level. If the opportunities become less and less they will soon move on.

Fordy will get a game as long as he's fit and on form, he's one of our best players, the club captain and our Under 20's head coach.

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#152 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 562 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

Fordy will get a game as long as he's fit and on form, he's one of our best players, the club captain and our Under 20's head coach.

He wont play for you if he,s left mate and why coach an u20,s team if none are ever gonna play

#153 intheshed

intheshed
  • Coach
  • 408 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

weve got a pretty strong 25 man squad at haven so cant see us ever using more than 3 saints players rumours are we could be getting 2 or 3 on season long loans which is completely different to dual reg so lets wait and see and when town get their 1st teamers fully fit i cant see them using many widnes reserves the only positions they seem weak in is at halfback maybe loose forward

I genuinely hope you're right and my concerns turn out to be unfounded, but the numbers just don't seem to add up. The majority of supporters of twinned clubs currently appear to believe that its unlikely that more than 2 or 3 DR/loan players will appear and that their club/coach will have complete control over how many and which DR players are used, if someone can explain how this is going to work for the SL clubs, given the following numbers, I'd be delighted to be put right.

Hull have 32 players in their 1st team squad 31 are too old for U19s
Widnes 32 players in their 1st team squad 28/29(depending on cut off date) are too old for U19s
Warrington have 34 players in their 1st team squad 33 are too old for U19s
Wakey have 28 in their 1st team all 28 are too old for U19s

If you assume for the above teams that 3 DR's play for their twin club each week that leaves between 8 - 13 players at each club not playing in any given week, even allowing for injuries this seems too many to be workable. If the Champs club has absolute control over which players it uses then it seems almost inevitable that some of the SL squad players will get 2 or 3 games a season, if they are lucky. Its quite plausible that some would not play at all. I simply can't see why any SL club would enter into such an agreement. The only way I can see that this can working for both parties is if the champs clubs use most if not all of their DR quota each week and their is an understanding, if not formal agreement, that players in need of game time will be accommodated, If I'm missing something obvious I'm happy to be corrected..

It might just work for Saints given their agreements with both Rochdale and Haven, they have 29 over 19's in their first team squad and also have dispensation to DR Alex Walmsley to to Batley.

#154 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

Do you not think that the coaches at both the SL clubs and the Championship clubs will have noticed the point you are making and will work around it?

The success or failure of the Championship club is in the hands of the Championship club coach. It is his head that's on the chopping block if the team fails on the pitch so which Championship coach is going to sit back and be told which players he has to pick for any given match. This isn't one way as the Championship clubs in these partnerships are also doing the SL clubs a favour by actually giving some of the SL clubs players game time.

The SL club coach will offer some of his players to the Championship club coach and it is up to the Championship coach to decide who would strengthen his team. The players on offer might not be where the Championship club is weakest so why would they want them foisted on them.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#155 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

You had better let him know then. Or stop making stuff up. Either or is fine.
Posted Image

#156 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,973 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

You had better let him know then. Or stop making stuff up. Either or is fine.

gav. 2 things.
1st and most importantly, if you take any notice of suggy you'll end up as daft.
2. Suggy is a mate o' fordy's. They spend enough time winding each other up as it is!!!!

The very fact you've bitten and gone and posted the above is enough to fuel the short ar sed little go sheeite for ages!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

#157 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

gav. 2 things.
1st and most importantly, if you take any notice of suggy you'll end up as daft.
2. Suggy is a mate o' fordy's. They spend enough time winding each other up as it is!!!!

The very fact you've bitten and gone and posted the above is enough to fuel the short ar sed little go sheeite for ages!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah I see!

As you were... :D
Posted Image

#158 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

Hi Gav, like to put some meat on the bones of this claim of yours of why Fev aren't 'twinned'?

http://www.totalrl.c...ly/page__st__20 Post #29

"Is that the case though? Or did you 'opt out' because your desired club already linked up with someone?"

#159 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:04 AM

Hi Gav, like to put some meat on the bones of this claim of yours of why Fev aren't 'twinned'?

http://www.totalrl.c...ly/page__st__20 Post #29

"Is that the case though? Or did you 'opt out' because your desired club already linked up with someone?"

Nothing further to add then Gav? Or are you just (conveniently) ignoring this like you did Old Rover's question as to why you think 5 is good, 6 is bad earlier in the thread?

And by the way, why if, as you keep telling everyone, these DR players have to prove their worth before displacing clubs' players did you choose 4 Hull palyers ahead of those actually contracted to York in the team you would select to play Whitehaven? Hardly supporting your assertion that it's the best York squad for a number of years is it?

#160 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

And by the way, why if, as you keep telling everyone, these DR players have to prove their worth before displacing clubs' players did you choose 4 Hull palyers ahead of those actually contracted to York in the team you would select to play Whitehaven?

'Cos they were the key players in a team which put 60 on our players last week.

alldesignandprint.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users