TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Heinz BIG Soup partnership enhances Super League’s profile

SLEurope media release

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

Heinz BIG Soup partnership enhances Super League’s profile

Super League are delighted to announce that Heinz BIG Soup, one of the UK’s most recognisable consumer brands, has extended its partnership with Super League for the 2013 season.

Heinz BIG Soup is already an established presence within Rugby League and this latest agreement sees the brand featuring prominently on matchday perimeter advertising hoardings and on the sleeves of all 14 Super League clubs’ playing jerseys, as well as adorning Super League’s match balls. The partnership will also be used to support the expansion of the Heinz BIG brand, with a range of Frozen Ready Meals which were launched back in September 2012.

Heinz BIG Soup has outlined its commitment this year to maximising awareness of Rugby League outside of the sport’s traditional strongholds and plans a series of exciting experiential and national media campaigns involving some of Super League’s most talented stars to help engage new supporters. Innovative media tie-ups with talkSPORT, the UK’s biggest national commercial sports radio station, and Sport, the most-read sport magazine in the UK with a weekly circulation of more than 300,000, will support Super League’s own plans to grow the game.

The commitment to the professional game is also underpinned by Heinz BIG Soup’s continuing support of the development of the sport at the grassroots level with another season of investment in the National Youth League.

RFL Commercial Director James Mercer said: “We are very pleased to have Heinz BIG Soup on board for 2013 in what promises to be an extraordinary year for Super League and Rugby League in general. There is already a huge awareness of Heinz BIG within Rugby League following their successful association with Super League through the ‘BIG Soup’ brand in 2012 and we are confident that we will see that awareness enhanced further in 2013. We have built a strong relationship with Heinz BIG Soup since they first got involved and we look forward to working closely with them to strengthen that partnership during the next year.”

Chris Nunn, Senior Brand Manager, Heinz BIG Soup said: “After a successful year of sponsorship in 2012, Heinz BIG Soup is looking forward to being a proud supporter of the Super League 2013 season during such a special year for the sport. We have been working hard over the winter break to make sure that we bring Super League fans a full-on Heinz BIG Soup experience for 2013, including signing national media partnerships and a BIG new and interactive campaign which will be launched with some well-known Super League faces in February –watch this space!”
-ends-

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#2 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 827 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

"a BIG new and interactive campaign which will be launched with some well-known Super League faces in February"
Is this a soup drinking competition???

Anyway good to have Heinz back on board.
www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#3 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,456 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

I cannot contain my outrage at this news.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#4 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,861 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

talk sport!!!! talk bloody anything but rl? if they are going to promote SL that is nigh on a miracle sell. :blink:

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#5 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

the HEINZ BIG SOUP super league........would have sounded so much better...but anywooo good to have them onboard again

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#6 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

talk sport!!!! talk bloody anything but rl? if they are going to promote SL that is nigh on a miracle sell. :blink:

Only two rugby league friendly presenters on talksport and thats andy Jacobs and Adrian Durham, also from the little I've heard Alan brazil does nothing but mock rugby league when/if it's ever mentioned.

#7 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,456 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

Getting into Sport magazine *at all* would be nothing short of incredible.
- Severus, July 2012

#8 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

Talk #### about soccer more like.

So, what are the chances of a weekly programme about RL on Talk Sport?

#9 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

Talk #### about soccer more like.

So, what are the chances of a weekly programme about RL on Talk Sport?

A few years ago when talksport was known as talkradio Steveo used to have his own 1 hour weekly show and they used to do live coverage of super league games.

#10 brooza

brooza
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

Official soup partner?
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#11 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,861 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

Getting into Sport magazine *at all* would be nothing short of incredible.

Is this some London thing where they talk about women's korfball and how it's a disgrace the BBC aren't covering the European Handball Championship qualifiers live?

I'm not a big Talksport fan, but I certainly could become one if they had some rugby league on it. I'm interested in seeing what they've got planned.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#12 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,456 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

Is this some London thing where they talk about women's korfball and how it's a disgrace the BBC aren't covering the European Handball Championship qualifiers live?

I'm not a big Talksport fan, but I certainly could become one if they had some rugby league on it. I'm interested in seeing what they've got planned.

No, it's the thing that's distributed at stations that manages to cover and promote every other sport but rugby league.

Being in Belgobelgoland you're a little out of date these days.
- Severus, July 2012

#13 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,861 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

No, it's the thing that's distributed at stations that manages to cover and promote every other sport but rugby league.

Being in Belgobelgoland you're a little out of date these days.

Your tweets are the source of my knowledge, so it's your fault really.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#14 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,456 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

Your tweets are the source of my knowledge, so it's your fault really.

The country will come to a standstill tonight when Slovenia play Spain for the right to play either Croatia or Denmark in the final.
- Severus, July 2012

#15 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,831 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

Good news - like the talk of helping to increase exposure - this can only be a good thing.

#16 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,861 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

The country will come to a standstill tonight when Slovenia play Spain for the right to play either Croatia or Denmark in the final.

The country of Slovenia, presumably.

#17 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,456 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

The country of Slovenia, presumably.

:D Both main streets will be deserted.

(Apparently 50% of the population watched the quarter final v Russia, assuming Google Translate is broadly right).

Edited by gingerjon, 25 January 2013 - 12:38 PM.

- Severus, July 2012

#18 brooza

brooza
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

I wonder if the tie-ups with talkSPORT have anything to do with Moz D leaving
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#19 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,831 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

Slightly OT - but when I was in a bar in Paris last Sunday, I was surprised how loud it was with people watching a Handball game live on TV.
Seemed quite exciting when watching it with plenty others getting into it. Don't ask me anything about it - I was drunk.

#20 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

More good news - just enjoy it guys.

And keep it coming!

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users