Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Heinz BIG Soup partnership enhances Super League’s profile

SLEurope media release

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

A few years ago when talksport was known as talkradio Steveo used to have his own 1 hour weekly show and they used to do live coverage of super league games.

Aye, I can remember some coverage of RL .

#22 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

It says that hawkesbee and Jacobs show will preview the weekly rounds and Adrian Durham and Darren gough will be also promoting the link up and launch with ticket giveaways.

#23 brooza

brooza
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

It says that hawkesbee and Jacobs show will preview the weekly rounds and Adrian Durham and Darren gough will be also promoting the link up and launch with ticket giveaways.

Excellent. H&J were always my faves as well!

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#24 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,892 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

It's good to get some Souper news rather than a report of another RL team being in the soup.

#25 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

This will bowl a few people over.

#26 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

Aye, I can remember some coverage of RL .

They did a few games but dropped it like a stone. The Stevo show went the same way.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#27 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

Excellent. H&J were always my faves as well!

Andy Jacobs used to watch the broncos when they played at brentford.

#28 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

They did a few games but dropped it like a stone. The Stevo show went the same way.

Can't have had the numbers in terms of audience which is surprising.

#29 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

Can't have had the numbers in terms of audience which is surprising.

IIRC they never actually said they were dropping it, just said it wasn't on one week and it never reappeared.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#30 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

TETLEYS (A dying brand £ 400K a year:(
FOXY BINGO (Now that one will really attract some blue chips to sign up as well)
MARRIOTT (Its a hotel for gods sake it will be some free rooms and some with a discount and an offer of a % for the 1000,s of fans coming to the UK from all over the world for the world cup)

What a complete load of nonsense. What evidence do you have tetleys is dying? What exactly is wrong with having a hotel as a sponsor?

#31 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

Your tweets are the source of my knowledge, so it's your fault really.

so you're well aware of the 17:35 to Gerrards Cross being 20 minutes late then I guess - very interesting is our gingerjon
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#32 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,162 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

TETLEYS my friend is an ancient brand dying on its a--e that by spending peanuts they hope to revive sales in the north,this sets the game back years in terms of image.Hotel great however from the press release the RFL put out it is made to look like they are a massive sponsor payIng lots of CASH which is not the case.CM

they dont mention or even hint at cash. Why are you just making things up?

#33 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

Reminds me of the Jonathan King song from the 60,s ITS GOOD NEWS WEEK SOMEONE DROPPED A BOMB SOMEWHERE etc etc etc

Does anyone on this forum have any contact with any SL commercial managers who can shed light on the amount of actual CASH that is coming in via these deals (Other than what i am told) because in the cold light of day my friends its peanuts.

FOXY BINGO (Now that one will really attract some blue chips to sign up as well)
MARRIOTT (Its a hotel for gods sake it will be some free rooms and some with a discount and an offer of a % for the 1000,s of fans coming to the UK from all over the world for the world cup)

SPIN SPIN AND MORE SPIN and you all believe it incredible,not even the ruskies here believe all the c--p that comes out of the kremlin from putin:)))))

CM

The only one doing the spin, is you.
Posted Image

#34 EdinburghExile

EdinburghExile
  • Coach
  • 540 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

Is this some London thing where they talk about women's korfball and how it's a disgrace the BBC aren't covering the European Handball Championship qualifiers live?

Don't be dissing korfball! Women's korfball doesn't exist by the way. :)

#35 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

TETLEYS my friend is an ancient brand dying on its a--e that by spending peanuts they hope to revive sales in the north,this sets the game back years in terms of image.Hotel great however from the press release the RFL put out it is made to look like they are a massive sponsor payIng lots of CASH which is not the case.CM

Any evidence of them being a dying brand other than your usual nonsense? Which part of the press release is made to look like they are paying lots of cash?

#36 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

Reminds me of the Jonathan King song from the 60,s ITS GOOD NEWS WEEK SOMEONE DROPPED A BOMB SOMEWHERE etc etc etc

Does anyone on this forum have any contact with any SL commercial managers who can shed light on the amount of actual CASH that is coming in via these deals (Other than what i am told) because in the cold light of day my friends its peanuts.

SPIN SPIN AND MORE SPIN and you all believe it incredible,not even the ruskies here believe all the c--p that comes out of the kremlin from putin:)))))

CM

you've become a caricature of yourself, more amusing then annoying. A JOKE!!! Zzs
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users