Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Game Off

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 DaveButt

DaveButt
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

Gutted that tonights game is off and with more bad weather on the way can't see it being on on Sunday

#2 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

What and shame would have been a good money spinner. Sunday it is then weather permitting.

#3 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 976 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

Wont be on Sunday either, not enough time for the pitch to thaw. GUTTED.
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#4 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 735 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

Is that the reason, frozen pitch? temps are going up so there maybe a slim chance for Sunday, with a bit of luck and a fair wind.

Thought the ref had already inspected and given the pitch the thumbs up?

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

#5 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

I think that was early in the week Baron, but since then the weather has deteriorated and snow is forecast later today and over the weekend.

Why the heck don't we start our game to match it's name 'Summer Rugby' we should start in early March and play until the end of October if necessary, we have no players that will get international honours in Championship One? This happens every damned year, coaches plan their friendlies and 'warm-up' matches and the weather disrupts them every single year. January and February are just hard to get games on in, so just stop trying!

As it is this season we will be having the shortest season I've ever seen with 16 games in the league plus 4 in the Northern Rail Cup league part.. We then have around 1 to 4 Challenge Cup matches at most and the knock-out part of the trains cup to take into account.

League...............................16
NR Cup...............................08 max (for 2 clubs, everyone else has a max of 4.)
Challenge Cup....................03 max
Friendlies etc......................04 max
Total....................................30 max (most will be significantly less, some as low as 22 games.)

Of course the R.F.L. like to keep the 'Magic Weekend' and Challenge Cup Final weekend free, that's another two.

March - October inclusive has 35 weekends, where is the damned problem??? Most Championship 1 clubs will play significantly less than the 30 total and so will be able to have finished their season easily by the end of September.

I don't know why we constantly kep relying on the first two months when we don't need them in our season. Super League? Who gives a ****, that's a duifferent competition and they get enough to get their pitches under-soil heated.

So let's get the game on in decent weather and forget about January and February!

Discuss.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#6 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

Saints say on thier twitter feed that the game WON'T BE RE-ARRANGED
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#7 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 497 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

preaching to the converted I suspect.

The Aussies dont start until March and they have a far better climate - and their pre seasons are usually spent in the warmer parts of the country.

Stupid to have no games on cup final weekend when it is normally a bank holiday. Could have a full fixture list on Monday (apart from final participants). Didnt they hold a weekend free last year for the Exiles game as well?

#8 no1 saints fan

no1 saints fan
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

Its a shame because I was really looking forward to the match. I like going to a stadium that I haven't been too before. Plus I was looking forward to watching some of our younger players. On your website it says that you are hopeful of a rearrangement later on in the season. So, you never know.

Anyway, good luck for the season ahead. I hope that Ian and the players can provide you with some really attractive rugby to watch. I was a bit sceptical at first regarding this whole partnership thing, but I think that it might work out allright and hopefully it will benefit both clubs. I am sure that the players we send to play for you will give it their best and help you get promoted at the first time of asking.

Our first team and u19's get under way next week against the giants. Can't wait!!! When does your season get going? I am going to follow you throughout the year and keep an eye on your results. What do you think of your chances?

#9 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

When does your season get going?

At the moment probably middle of June!!! The schedule says March 3rd for the Northern Rail Cup but we have an annual friendly for the Law Cup with Oldham at Spotland on Feruary 17th, weather permitting of course?!?!?!

Sorry you were disappointed mate, we were looking forward to seeing how the lads were going as well, they must be straining at the leash now. Ahh well, such is life!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#10 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

I don't know whether the ground is still frozen, or waterlogged but all that rain iast night has got rid of all the snow where I live and I can spit on the pitch from my back door. It's Sod's Law I suppose! Let's hope for better for the Law Cup eh?

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users