Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Ground Improvements

ways and Means

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#61 Ricardo Taylor

Ricardo Taylor
  • Coach
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:17 PM

Not sure yet awaitng the figures from the club.

#62 PonteBlue

PonteBlue
  • Coach
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:14 PM

Hi Ricardo,

Another jar to drop off, see you Sunday.

#63 Ricardo Taylor

Ricardo Taylor
  • Coach
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:12 AM

brilliant. I have some pickles and gerkins ready for Sunday as well. Should be at the steps to the terracing at about 14.30 and the club house afterwards

#64 Ricardo Taylor

Ricardo Taylor
  • Coach
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:35 PM

thanks all those who dropped off jars or simply called to say hello. i have a bit off counting to do and will keep you informed of the totals.

i wii bring a  supply to the fans forum.

Thanks again for you support

#65 Ricardo Taylor

Ricardo Taylor
  • Coach
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:01 AM

Many thanks for the jars that were dropped off yesterday. I have a lot of counting of coins to do. £87 is ready to be handed over this week.

Edited by Ricardo Taylor, 09 June 2014 - 07:02 AM.

#66 Ricardo Taylor

Ricardo Taylor
  • Coach
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:33 AM

started to count the contents of the jars £43:68p so far

#67 Ricardo Taylor

Ricardo Taylor
  • Coach
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:10 PM

Many thanks to Stuart Jodrell for organising the foreign coin collection for todays game. Like the jars this is an on going project that will run along side my jars.

£148 has been handed over to Paul Coventry today so his team can continue with the marathon project. thanks go to the great folk who returned jars today. Got plenty of counting to do later in the week

#68 Ricardo Taylor

Ricardo Taylor
  • Coach
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:18 PM

Some more jars have been dropped off so i will be counting money tonight instead of really concentrating on a less important sporting fixture. 10 jars to count out. Thanks to the brilliant folk who are donating

#69 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:25 PM

Many thanks to Stuart Jodrell for organising the foreign coin collection for todays game. Like the jars this is an on going project that will run along side my jars.

£148 has been handed over to Paul Coventry today so his team can continue with the marathon project. thanks go to the great folk who returned jars today. Got plenty of counting to do later in the week

Foreign coins can also be left at South Elmsall Travel (13 Barnsley Road, South Elmsall)

We'll be fetching in anything we collect to each home game.

We're also collecting foreign coins from our customers, even got some off a Cas fan the other day!

Now for the shameless plug bit, if you're going on holiday this year, we've got Euros, Dollars and Turkish Lira in stock and can get get most others next day.  We've got fantastic rates and are usually miles better than The Post Office.

#70 Ricardo Taylor

Ricardo Taylor
  • Coach
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:41 PM

Foreign coins can also be left at South Elmsall Travel (13 Barnsley Road, South Elmsall)

We'll be fetching in anything we collect to each home game.

We're also collecting foreign coins from our customers, even got some off a Cas fan the other day!

Now for the shameless plug bit, if you're going on holiday this year, we've got Euros, Dollars and Turkish Lira in stock and can get get most others next day.  We've got fantastic rates and are usually miles better than The Post Office.

Its  not shameless its just exploring options

#71 Ricardo Taylor

Ricardo Taylor
  • Coach
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:45 PM

Many thanks to those who have returned jars recently, over £40 is ready to be donated. All monies raised are in good faith for the stand project and this is where the money is going. Many thanks for your continued support it is really appreciated

#72 Ricardo Taylor

Ricardo Taylor
  • Coach
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:11 PM

The will be a meeting at the White House Featherstone at about 8.00pm to discuss fund raising to keep the stand gang busy. The meetings are very informal and any one is more than welcome to attend.

#73 Ricardo Taylor

Ricardo Taylor
  • Coach
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:34 AM

I posted on Facebook about the meeting on Tuesday and omitted to inform the forum members. This is my fault, apologies to you all who do not use facebook.

Four turned out for the meeting, Stuart Jodrell, Steve Godber, Lorne Mosley and myself.

A review to place of the Fund raising last year and so far this year.

The Envelope scheme raised a total of £4217 so far. It is now possible to donate on line via the club shop.

The Foreign coin collection is on going and donations can be made at the club shop or at collection points at first team matches.

The jars of  Jam,  Pickles and other jars is on going and raises about £600 annually. Again more jars are available on match days.

The Supermarket Bag Fill raised just short of £200 and is hopefully going to be repeated later in the year.

The Pasta Jar idea took a lot of time for the return and is unlikely to be repeated.

Other ideas discussed as follows.

Lorne suggested the  Wild Rover is  digitised and sold via CD at £10. This was treated with great enthusiasm by all present but will take time to organise.

A car Treasure Hunt was looked at for the end of the season with a cost of £10 per car with a suitable prize being given depending on entrants.

Stuart suggested a Christmas Fayre but it was felt that the event would take far too much in the way of organising.

Another meeting will take place soon and details will be given in advance,

Don't forget to return jars or pick jars at all home matches and drop off your old coins and Foreign coins. I shall be at the steps to the terracing from about 2 15

Thank you for your continued support

Ricardo

The sponsored bike ride from Blackpool was also mentioned and this would be left with those are organising it.

#74 Ricardo Taylor

Ricardo Taylor
  • Coach
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:15 PM

Many thanks for the avalanche of jars, bags of both English and foreign coins, that were dropped off yesterday. Counting commenced this afternoon of the jars and I am really pleased to report that £237 will be given to help with the brilliant work being done.
There are still 2 jars to count.
Two people were approached yesterday and have agreed to collect foreign coins on our behalf. Thanks go to Harold Box of the last Orders and Roy of white Rose Optical Wakefield. If you would like to take responsibility for a jar let me know.

Thanks again for your superb support

#75 sussex rover

sussex rover
  • Players
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:27 PM

could we offer some advertising space in the ground in exchange for building materials or what is needed to finish the job. plus a plug in the media when the job is done alongside our fantastic volunteers

#76 Ricardo Taylor

Ricardo Taylor
  • Coach
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:41 PM

The £237 has been handed over to the club today. The last 2 jars have been counted and some part bags added. a further £41 will be handed over soon. As soon as any money is handed over it is spent in keeping the project moving. Thanks very much for your donations, it is really appreciated by all concerned.
You can drop jars off at the club during normal office hours, at the club shop or on match days

#77 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,171 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:20 PM

Somebody mentioned at the last match that we still need between 40 and 60k to finish. it would be nice to know the figure we are aiming for. I recently read an article on Coal Board Regeneration areas, of which we are one saying grants available to the area that qualify. I wonder if we do that is if the organisation still exists. Meantime lets oall carry on doing our best for the club. See you Richard.

#78 Ricardo Taylor

Ricardo Taylor
  • Coach
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:29 PM

Counted the last two jars and added some of the part bags.£41 taken to the club today. Sure I will have a shed load of counting to do after the next home match.
Every penny donated is much appreciated by all at the club.

#79 Ricardo Taylor

Ricardo Taylor
  • Coach
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:53 PM

I went into my office today to start the mammoth task of clearing out my desk. I managed to bring home the important things, those associated with Featherstone and two jars that I have been filling with what I could find in vending machines and on the floor at college . These have been counted and £87 taken to the club this afternoon.

UTR

#80 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:55 PM

I have an idea to improve dvd quality. Get them to go on a course because I can't count amount of times I've seen a stray hand,wire or someones head in the camera view during game. Audio on last dvd against barrow was dull for some reason. For the people who are unable to attend matches It would be nice for a bit of an improvement on the guys doing the dvd. Just be more aware of your surroundings. Plus according to the commentator, Wayne Rooney is playing for us ;-)

Edited by ROVERS FOREVER, 06 August 2014 - 07:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users