TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Tonights Game

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

I think we all agree its just moaning for the sake of moaning!

I think we all agree its just moaning for the sake of moaning!

Once they pull that jersey on as far as i am concerned they are representing Swinton RLFC, As has previously been stated on another topic there is very little differance between a dual reg on a player you sign for a season in his own right. many of them show no loyalty and move on just look at Adam Higson.

#22 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

A win by 20 against town your in for a shock wel have the 3 points thanks c u next sunday

oh how ive missed cumbria!
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#23 PaulT

PaulT
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

oh how ive missed cumbria!

I got that sarcasm Barnie!

Posted Image

#24 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

I got that sarcasm Barnie!

about time. lol

Posted Image

#25 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Can anyone translate that for me?

#26 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

Yes workington town win swinton lions lose 3 points for workington town 0 points for swinton lions hahahahaha blue white army town town

#27 frankb

frankb
  • Coach
  • 329 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

Once they pull that jersey on as far as i am concerned they are representing Swinton RLFC, As has previously been stated on another topic there is very little differance between a dual reg on a player you sign for a season in his own right. many of them show no loyalty and move on just look at Adam Higson.

AJ gave your team 100 %.. We wanted him back and apart from last season has only ever played for our pro club.

#28 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

And we wanted him to stay
He was great for the half a season he was fit. The point being hes not here anymore.

Strangely most leigh fans I read on forums dont rate him

Most swinton fans did.

#29 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

Yes workington town win swinton lions lose 3 points for workington town 0 points for swinton lions hahahahaha blue white army town town

You make me sad inside.

#30 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:31 AM

Frankb I never said he didn't give 100% I merely used Adam as an example that todays players in many cases no longer commit to one club and so are not really much different to taking players on dual reg. I could easily have thrown Tom Armstrong into the mix along with many others. I certainly wouldn't question any player about the effort once on the field.

#31 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:16 AM

You make me sad inside.

and possibly the longest ever sentence written! Lol

Posted Image

#32 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:28 AM

Frankb I never said he didn't give 100% I merely used Adam as an example that todays players in many cases no longer commit to one club and so are not really much different to taking players on dual reg. I could easily have thrown Tom Armstrong into the mix along with many others. I certainly wouldn't question any player about the effort once on the field.

Its a two-way thing Alan. Clubs are at liberty to offer contracts lasting longer than 12 months if they so chose, but its a very rare event that they do so nowadays especially outside Super League.

Bryn Hargreaves reflected that players are treated no better than "pieces of meat" before his recent retirement at the age of 26. Admittedly that comment came on the back of the trauma at Bradford, but he had a point.
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#33 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

And I reckon Bryn has never had a proper job anywhere else where everyone feels like that.

#34 Blakemore

Blakemore
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

No mention of, glad to have glenn riley back then?? Everyone missed that great signing of us building the squad?

#35 Blakemore

Blakemore
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

Also James Saltonstall?? thought they both looked promising and had solid games. If i read watsons article right in the advertiser these players could officially be lions players!

#36 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

I was glad to see Glen back..hes a big old lump
Salstonstall looked very quick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users