TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Can we ALL put Bowes on "Ignore"

Just tell me how to do it!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#1 ROOSTER1980

ROOSTER1980
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

I'm so tired of reading the know-all, sanctimonious rants of Bowes. Unfortunately, his club is in the NCL now (I wish we would have voted against them!) - and we'll have to put up with his threads.

Unless....................we ALL put him on "ignore". How do I do that? He's beginning to offend me now.

#2 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,250 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

I struggled to find it. Top right hand corner next to log out click your username. It has settings and one is ignore preference.

#3 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

Chill Rooster

17 posts and you want to exterminate Bowes !!

These boards can be grating at times , but nevertheless are meant to be fun........ and informative.......

I don't know where Bowes gets his info but he tends to be 80% right.

And as both of you need to know being in administration is no measure of status or a stick waving , chest puffing exercise.......After over 35 years with the so called 'movers and shakers ' I'm still on a learning curve ...

Good banter can be really entertaining.... :) :) :)

#4 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

Thanks Bowes, I have put Rooster 80 on my ignore list.

Edited by once a ref always a ref, 25 January 2013 - 10:10 PM.

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#5 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 438 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

. exterminate Bowes !!

I don't know where Bowes gets his info but he tends to be 80% right.

Bowes is singularly responsible for Coventry receiving a negative vote from a 1/3 of the NCL clubs at the delegates meeting when they were accepted to the NCL. He does their club no service posting tittle tattle and by your estimate -20% guesswork- on this and many other forums throughout the land.
To quote a member of the Widnes ARL forum " he is allowed to go around forums tweaking quotes out of users then going back to other boards and posting them" rather like some kind of west midlands fifth columnist.
In a democracy, He is entitled to his anti-BARLA and when it suits him, his anti-RFL and anti-NCL stances though.

It would be fair to say, he has got my goat, this time.

#6 Back In The Good Old Days

Back In The Good Old Days
  • Coach
  • 164 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

Just ignore the clown!

#7 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

Keep it civil please.

#8 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

Bowes is singularly responsible for Coventry receiving a negative vote from a 1/3 of the NCL clubs at the delegates meeting when they were accepted to the NCL. He does their club no service posting tittle tattle and by your estimate -20% guesswork- on this and many other forums throughout the land.
To quote a member of the Widnes ARL forum " he is allowed to go around forums tweaking quotes out of users then going back to other boards and posting them" rather like some kind of west midlands fifth columnist.
In a democracy, He is entitled to his anti-BARLA and when it suits him, his anti-RFL and anti-NCL stances though.

It would be fair to say, he has got my goat, this time.

He's definitely upset you as well Cutsyke :)

But don't try to misguide our readers out there .. Coventry were accepted on an absolutely massive majority vote at the club's meeting and I doubt that too many members actually follow Bowes posts on here - or even read these threads for that matter.....

And if as you say he is actually anti BARLA , anti RFL and anti NCL , whenever it suits him, that is actually a fairly strange place that very few of us can claim to have ever populated...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#9 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,998 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

There are far more annoying posters on these forums than bowes, believe me.

rldfsignature.jpg

#10 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

If clubs and leagues would communicate just a little then it would cut out the need for gossip.

#11 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 438 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

But don't try to misguide our readers out there .. Coventry were accepted on an absolutely massive majority vote at the club's meeting

Who is misguiding who?
23-12
2 abstentions, 4 absent

#12 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

It had perhaps much more to do with travel distances and Coventry's aspirations to move up Cutsyke than Bowes' meanderings on these threads.

And I don't know what you would call it but in most walks of life a vote like that would be considered a massive majority , which is how I called it.

#13 ROOSTER1980

ROOSTER1980
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

Who is misguiding who?
23-12
2 abstentions, 4 absent

An abstention counts as a no-vote, so technically, it was 23 for and 14 against.

#14 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

Not in an NCL ordinary meeting as far as I am concerned. I agree it's different at an AGM . But in an ordinary meeting an abstention is what it says on the tin -we as a club have no view either way............

#15 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 438 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:31 AM

It had perhaps much more to do with travel distances and Coventry's aspirations to move up Cutsyke than Bowes' meanderings on these threads.

And I don't know what you would call it but in most walks of life a vote like that would be considered a massive majority , which is how I called it.

My final post on this one, as i seem to be dredging up minutiae in order to extrapolate my personal overview. Much like a certain poster.

a. The facts don't bear out your theory.
Kells is further away than Coventry for all 25 Yorkshire teams yet Kells only got 2 votes..... :mellow: :mellow:

b. If a team from, say Castleford, went over to a team from Lancashire, say Wigan, then won 23-12. Would you consider that a massive majority ? :D

Finally, in hindsight , i may have been a bit harsh with Bowes and did not use diplomatic language to call him a fifth columnist.

Come back, Bowes. :wub:

From behind the settee :)

#16 LONGMAN

LONGMAN
  • Coach
  • 824 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

Wheres BOWES gone, we need him back.

#17 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,250 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

Wheres BOWES gone, we need him back.

I took a week off as this forum was doing my head in and I had tried to cut back before rather temporarily. I actually feel much better not addicted to this thing so I've just checked once or twice a week for news and that's about it.

Incidentally boarder posts on the Widnes forum and blames me for getting his banned on here.

#18 SAINT33

SAINT33
  • Coach
  • 351 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:03 AM

I for one am missing Boarder on this forum, whilst I did not agree with a lot of his comments he always seemed to speak from, the heart. His objections to Summer rugby and the way certain committees were pushing ideas through seem to have mostly been proven legitimate.
I closely follow the Trust in Widnes sites and cannot remember Boarder or Bowes ever posting on them (though it was commonly agreed that Bowes attempted to join the site as Jellyfish (apt name).
I followed this NCL site for years as I found Boarder, Rooster, Marauder (who for a long time I thought was Boarder in disguise due to their obvious military and Yorkshire backgrounds), The Chairman, SBull, Del; Capo and many others interesting and constructive.
I stopped posting on the board due to the Widnes St Maries NCL debacle but virtually stopped viewing it even predominantly because of Bowes who came on a couple of years ago spouting as though he was Mr Rugby League (it would appear that he spends his time trolling Forums to make up stories)
It is very noticable that many others have stopped using this Forum and suggest it is because of the afore mentioned Bowes and people like him who cannot accept that we all have different views on this beloved game. I feel posters hold back their views because they are then challenged by so called "experts". Forums should be fun and whilst I don't want to see offensive and foul language I do want to see the views of ALL people. Bring back Boarder and free speech (surely he has served a long enough ban, what did he commit murder)

#19 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

Forums are places for debate and discussion. If someone disagreeing with you or challenging your opinion upsets you then it's your problem not theirs unless they have broken the terms and conditions.

#20 SAINT33

SAINT33
  • Coach
  • 351 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

I agree entirely but posters like me (340 posts in 10 years) are swamped by people who can post 10,375 posts in 6 years.
Since you are so knowledgable can you tell me why Boarder was banned if debate and discussion are the norm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users