Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Rhino Ryan Hall on Soccer AM now

SS2 10.am Saturday

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

Bit of Rugby League related fun on Telly

#2 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,834 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

I'm getting infuriated that they keep calling the sport Super League. Ryan Hall is apparently the world's best Super League winger. And the Super League World Cup is this year.

Loving how much of a lad Hall is. Not coming across as massively bright though, even if he can do the Rubix Cube in (just over) 60 seconds!

"Why have you got to be smart to be a Super League player?"
"Well, we've got 6 tackles in rugby league, and as a winger I've got to count them out really loud."

Made me laugh though!
Posted Image

#3 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

Did all right on Soccer AM did Ryan. Bit of an eye opener just how ignorant some presenters are though. I know it is a soccer programme, but they got him on, and seemed to have no idea about rugby at all.

Doesn't look like the bar for getting a job as a researcher on TV is set very high.

#4 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

Agree, the researchers for the show must be idiots.. photo of Sam Tomkins in a Barbarians shirt also.. which was probably more difficult to find than one of Sam Tomkins in a Wigan or England shirt!

FAO: RFL media bods. The next time a RL player goes on a show like soccer AM, please make sure they have relevant information and imagery.

Ryan Hall did good though.. despite what seemed like a bit of an attempt by Helen Chamberlain to appear completely ignorant of the sport, which i'm sure she's not.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#5 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,834 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

Ryan Hall did good though.. despite what seemed like a bit of an attempt by Helen Chamberlain to appear completely ignorant of the sport, which i'm sure she's not.

They used to do the Soccer AM All Sports Show a few years ago which was pretty good and featured a lot of Rugby League. They didn't seem ignorant of it then!

"That Aussie guy" referring to Billy Slater was the height of ignorance for me. It would be nearly like saying "that Argentinian guy" referring to Messi.
Posted Image

#6 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

I thought he came across pretty well and was fun, which is what SoccerAM is all about.

It is a shame the researchers have not provided the correct information for the presenters though.

Nevertheless, we're on and hopefully we'll get a bit of exposure from it.

Yours,

The eternal optimist

#7 ArmchairRhino

ArmchairRhino
  • Coach
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

Nice highlight reel to kick off
Rubik's Cube turn was good
Vaseline joke was naughty
"Super League" stuff was irritating

Bit of guitar n all

Gave it some welly in the car park

Edited by ArmchairRhino, 26 January 2013 - 12:44 PM.

There's no dignity in plastic seats

#8 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

What a arrogant #####, bad view on rugby league players that. Wbw not in a month of Sundays.

#9 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

Sarcasm maybe?

#10 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,606 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

Sarcasm maybe?

God I hope so.

#11 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,928 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

What a arrogant #####, bad view on rugby league players that. Wbw not in a month of Sundays.

:huh:

Haven't seen the programme but you appear to be out on a limb a bit here.

Would you be a "bad view" on RL forum contributors, do you think?

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#12 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

Oh without a doubt

#13 Tre Cool

Tre Cool
  • Coach
  • 458 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

My mate whos no RL fan texted me and said 'Leeds RL player on Soccer AM, his highlights reel was f***ing awesome!!' Dont over analyse everything!!!

#14 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

:huh:

Haven't seen the programme but you appear to be out on a limb a bit here.

Would you be a "bad view" on RL forum contributors, do you think?

He's a WUM. Best to just ignore him.
Posted Image

#15 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,928 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

Oh without a doubt

That you Stevo?

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#16 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

The ignorance wouldn't have happened on Tim Lovejoy's watch. He openly stated his preference of RL over RU many times on SAM.

rldfsignature.jpg

#17 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,151 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

Given that there's now a Ryan Hall who plays for Leeds U when I saw this thread I wondered if they'd perhaps got the wrong Ryan?
"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#18 Tre Cool

Tre Cool
  • Coach
  • 458 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

The ignorance wouldn't have happened on Tim Lovejoy's watch. He openly stated his preference of RL over RU many times on SAM.

Nothing beats Mark 'Lawro' Lawrenson's 'i can't name a single RL team' ignorance a few years back.

#19 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,015 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Given that there's now a Ryan Hall who plays for Leeds U when I saw this thread I wondered if they'd perhaps got the wrong Ryan?

No because they mentioned this too. RH claimed he was the good looking one though.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users