Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

warrington v wigan today changed kick off

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,766 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

now a 5pm kick off not 3pm.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#2 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,613 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

Warrington

Brett Hodgson, Chris Riley, Ryan Atkins, Rhys Evans, Joel Monaghan, Lee Briers, Riche Myler, Adrian Morley, Micky Higham, Chris Hill, Simon Grix, Ben Westwood, Ben Harrison

Subs: James Laithwaite, Ben Currie, Michael Monaghan, Garreth Carvell, Paul Wood, Mike Cooper, Stefan Ratchford, Tyrone McCarthy, Rhys Williams, Gareth O’Brien

Wigan

Jack Murphy, Josh Charnley, Darrell Goulding, Iain Thornley, Dominic Manfredi, Blake Green, Matthew Smith, Paul Prescott, Michael McIlorum, Lee Mossop, Liam Farrell, Jack Hughes, Ben Flower

Subs: Epalahame Lauaki, Logan Tomkins, Gil Dudson, Scott Taylor, Rhodri Lloyd, Anthony Gelling, Sam Powell, Dominic Crosby, Greg Burke, Lewis Tierney

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#3 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

You can listen to it here http://www.wirefm.co...tons-next-game/
Posted Image

#4 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

Ain't s Tomkins playing any friendlys????

#5 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Ain't s Tomkins playing any friendlys????

No too busy running after bikes....:)
Posted Image

#6 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,144 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

Still 10 nil to Wire. J Monaghan and Evans with a try each.

#7 scrumhalf

scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 961 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

wire 16-0 up

#8 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,144 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

Only following this on Twitter, Wire had a couple of tries disallowed seem dominant.
Not heard much of Wigan.

#9 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,144 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

4700 att.

Shame the weather was so bad for a testimonial match for a great player.

#10 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,613 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

20-0 FT.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#11 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,144 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

20 nil Wire.

Full time.

#12 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

Not as bad as I was expecting. Still bad though.

Shame the weather wasn't better, Westwood deserved a good testimonial.

#13 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,144 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

Not as bad as I was expecting. Still bad though.

Shame the weather wasn't better, Westwood deserved a good testimonial.

I think he'll be happy overall. They needed fans at the ground earlier to clear the snow and changed kick off at short notice - so he's probably just relieved it kicked off and a few thousand turned up.
Not sure what happens about costs etc. but the takings should have been well over £60k.

#14 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

That's good to know. It saddens me that players don't get the remuneration they deserve.

#15 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

It'll be interesting to hear Shaun wane after getting nilled albeit in a friendly testimonial but he would expect t have scored points tonight. I don't think he will see the season out IMO him and gentle r under huge pressure this season good luck to them both

#16 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,143 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

its definitely a rebuild year for Wigan, with so many players leaving and the youngsters coming through filling the gaps its going to be tough, especially if they pick up a couple of injuries to key players.. but thats RL. They'll be there or thereabouts come the end of the year, maybe not top 3, but up there..

wouldnt be surprised f they attempt a few signings mid season, if they have the cash and the space in the cap..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#17 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,636 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

It'll be interesting to hear Shaun wane after getting nilled albeit in a friendly testimonial but he would expect t have scored points tonight. I don't think he will see the season out IMO him and gentle r under huge pressure this season good luck to them both

I don't have the records to hand but I recall that even at thier best in the last century, Wigan used to lose to Wire in the Locker Cup pre-season friendly.

I don't think friendlies are any guide at all.

#18 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,144 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

I don't have the records to hand but I recall that even at thier best in the last century, Wigan used to lose to Wire in the Locker Cup pre-season friendly.

I don't think friendlies are any guide at all.

Yep - that's fair enough - tbf to Wigan they had a decent team but they had Tomkins, O'Loughlin, Hansen and Richards missing. There are three of their key attackers their, and they were also running with a brand new halfback combination.

We certainly shouldn't be writing them off just yet!

#19 TWD

TWD
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

Worrying return by Wigan to the use of third man in the tackle chopping at the player's knee/shin area. Got penalised a couple of times for it and utilised it a lot more.

#20 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

Worrying return by Wigan to the use of third man in the tackle chopping at the player's knee/shin area. Got penalised a couple of times for it and utilised it a lot more.

Really? Top eagle eyes effort there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users