Losing interest rapidly.

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

tonights inside out documentary on BBC 1 about the state of finances of rugby league clubs in the top flight could be quite interesting.

The game needs a major shake up from top to bottom.

Couldn't agree more our sport is dying a slow and painful death.

#22 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,673 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

Fev Leigh Halifax Barrow and Keighley have opted out of this arrangement

Opted out or couldn't get a SL club to link up with?

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#23 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

Opted out or couldn't get a SL club to link up with?

Can't speak for the rest but we didn't want it I know that. So yes we did opt out.

#24 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,673 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

Can't speak for the rest but we didn't want it I know that.

Didn't you?

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#25 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

Didn't you?

No we didn't Simon. Do you think you know something I don't?

#26 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

Can't speak for the rest but we didn't want it I know that. So yes we did opt out.

Are you sure about that?
Posted Image

#27 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

Are you sure about that?

I know they thought about it gav but they did opt out of it after they thought about it. It wasn't that they were no one to link up with.If that was the case they could link up now with someone not every club as 2 feeder teams yet.

Edited by thundergaz, 28 January 2013 - 02:13 PM.

#28 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

I know they thought about it gav but they did opt out of it after they thought about it. It wasn't that they were no one to link up with.If that was the case they could link up now with someone not every club as 2 feeder teams yet.

Is that the case though? Or did you 'opt out' because your desired club already linked up with someone?
Posted Image

#29 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

Is that the case though? Or did you 'opt out' because your desired club already linked up with someone?

The BOD have said they thought about it long and hard gav. But the final outcome was if we want SL our chances of getting it would be lowered considerably if we linked up that's why we opted out in the end. Also I know the team in question but it wasn't for the reason you stated gav.

Edited by thundergaz, 28 January 2013 - 02:23 PM.

#30 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,980 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

If Fev and Fax think they are strong enough without linking with a SL club then that's fair enough as they have proved themselves over the past few years. However, for clubs like Barrow, Keighley and yes, even, Leigh, I think they could be burying their heads in the sand over this.

Keighley have a 33 man squad so they might get by if injuries hit them but Barrow with 26 and Leigh with 23 players may struggle. Their only course of action would be to loan players as they can't get DR unless they are linked to a SL club and which SL club is going to loan players if they are in a partnership with the opposition.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#31 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

tonights inside out documentary on BBC 1 about the state of finances of rugby league clubs in the top flight could be quite interesting.

The game needs a major shake up from top to bottom.

Unlike all the other well-run booming sports in rude financial health you mean?
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#32 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

Couldn't agree more our sport is dying a slow and painful death.

Translation: without P&R Fev won't get into SL.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#33 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

Translation: without P&R Fev won't get into SL.

Personally I don't want it BSJ. It's a mine field is SL at the minute. But like I've been told when I said an expansion team would take the spot next time round. Our BOD and our investors very much believe we will have everything ready in time etc. Also I very much doubt these investors would be on board if we didn't have some kind of guarantees like Widnes had 2 years before they entered.

#34 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

come on gav spill the beans
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users