KEIGHLEY 33
DONCASTER 50
WHITEHAVEN 50
TOWN 50
DEWSBURY 66
YORK 100
SWINTON 125
HUNSLET 125

What ya reckon ?? Bookies more optimistic than the Barra fans I've met for starters ,,

#2 Bearintown

Bearintown
  • Coach
  • 297 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

Surprised to see Dews down there, have they lost a lotta players.?

On those odds we need to be beatin Swinton away for starters

#3 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,432 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

i think barrows odds are ridiculously low. i honestly see them being bottom .
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#4 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

i think barrows odds are ridiculously low. i honestly see them being bottom .

I hope you are wrong Wonks mate because if we do thats probably the end of Barrow RLFC ?

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#5 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:21 AM

The top 5 in the odds will be the top 5 don't know what order though. But I do think after that the bookies will be wrong with the positions they have. I don't see either Swinton or hunslet being relegated and I don't see barrow finishing sixth. Dewsbury will be a lot higher than the odds suggest. For what it's worth I think the top 5 will be the same don't know what order though and sixth will go to dewsbury seventh to keighley and eighth to swinton. The 2 teams relegated will be between the remaining six but I think 2 of the promoted sides will be relegated( don't know which 2 though it will be the 2 that hasn't recruited better than the other 2) The only reason I think 2 of the promoted teams will be relegated is because I think the gulf between the bottom of the championship and the top of champ one is bigger than the gulf between the bottom of SL and top of the champ.

Edited by thundergaz, 27 January 2013 - 03:31 AM.

#6 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

Wont the new DR system go some way to bridging that gap?

#7 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 649 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

Ive just had a look on oddschecker and they have replaced Sheffield with Cronulla Sharks at 10/1.
:lol: might take a loan out and lump on Cronulla.

#8 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,793 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

I've got my ticket for Cronulla away ... I saw that but replaced it with Sheffield !! Anyone who's been to the Shire and Botany Bay will know its an easy mistake to make !!! Glorious Sheffield . Seriously though I think as of now it's impossible to predict league possies outside the top 5 . The integration of the SL talent needs to be seen and is such a massive factor . Every other year you could make a fairly accurate prediction by looking at squad lists , but not this year with so many ' hidden squad members ' . The link ups probably are decisive , like it or not , lower down you go . No one however savvy has any idea how the years gonna go in league and club terms given that factor , but I say again , I wouldnt change anything it's gonna be the best watch we've seen since the late 90s. Can't wait mesel. Hope the crowds reflect the rise in ' product ' . We deserve it .

Edited by DavidM, 27 January 2013 - 10:06 AM.

#9 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

Wont the new DR system go some way to bridging that gap?

I agree to a certain extent. But if the link up clubs only get SL young uns which I think that will be the case most weeks I don't think the DR system will make much of a difference to be honest because the young uns that come down generally arnt ready or any good from the past DRs I've seen in our league.

#10 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,793 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

I agree to a certain extent. But if the link up clubs only get SL young uns which I think that will be the case most weeks I don't think the DR system will make much of a difference to be honest because the young uns that come down generally arnt ready or any good from the past DRs I've seen in our league.

Well we must have been lucky or something Gaz as we have had one or two very good DR players. Two from last season Andy Morris and Adam Walne from Salford are both Town pplayers. Dave Petersen from HKR was fantastic for us last year and is playing in Australia this year. Another young lad from Wakey, Chris Annikin also played for us and we would have had him back this year if we could have got him. So there are several good DR players about

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#11 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

Well we must have been lucky or something Gaz as we have had one or two very good DR players. Two from last season Andy Morris and Adam Walne from Salford are both Town pplayers. Dave Petersen from HKR was fantastic for us last year and is playing in Australia this year. Another young lad from Wakey, Chris Annikin also played for us and we would have had him back this year if we could have got him. So there are several good DR players about

No offense here Keith and I agree with your point but you have to remember them DR players you are referring to played in the Mickey Mouse league. We had quite a lot of DR players in our league last season and we had 2 apart from Ellis I didn't see another good DR player all season and that includes young briscoe who we had too. I hope your right for the partnered clubs though Keith because to stay in this league they will need good DR players.

#12 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

Yeah, no offence at all calling it a mickey mouse league. You seem to have quickly forgotten what level your own club was at not that long ago.

#13 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

Yeah, no offence at all calling it a mickey mouse league. You seem to have quickly forgotten what level your own club was at not that long ago.

DKW I know where my club as been I've watched us through some horrendous times in the past. We were in that league not too long ago and I still say its the Mickey Mouse league when we were in it. The post wasn't to offend it was to point out certain flaws.

Edited by thundergaz, 27 January 2013 - 07:25 PM.

#14 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,793 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

All I know is its a league you've got to stay well out of !

#15 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

All I know is its a league you've got to stay well out of !

Definitely now David with the teams spread out like they are all over the country. It will cost you as much in travel costs as it does the salary cap😄😄😄

#16 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

Its very disingenuous to call it that, for the players and clubs involved its as important a league as any other. Perhaps you could tell me exactly why its a mickey mouse league.

#17 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

Its very disingenuous to call it that, for the players and clubs involved its as important a league as any other. Perhaps you could tell me exactly why its a mickey mouse league.

I agree its an important league if your in it. I call it the Mickey Mouse league because its really dire rugby league to watch( and that includes when we were in it too It was boring rugby league) Also I call it that because no club wants to be in it either its the league of death for clubs.

#18 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

Dire rl? I guess from that comment you watched loads of games the last couple of seasons then? We have seen so e fantastic games in that league, and some excellent players and teams.

#19 lifer

lifer
  • Coach
  • 280 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

It might have been good to watch, but i bet your glad your out of it this season mate...

#20 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:50 AM

Of course I am, but I enjoyed it while we were in it as the rugby on show the majority of times was excellent. People seem to think RL in the lower league is fat lads huffing and puffing about, but in reality theres some superb players and some great RL to watch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users