TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Who should present the world cup ?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#21 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 514 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

Barrack Obama, usain bolt, prince Harry or Pippa Middleton !

#22 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 514 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

Barrack Obama, usain bolt, prince Harry or Pippa Middleton !

#23 Cumbrian Fanatic

Cumbrian Fanatic
  • Coach
  • 679 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

At old trafford who should hand the WC (a trophy which needs a name) to the winning captain ?

I think it should Dame Claire Balding, assuming the queen is busy...

Maybe not the World Cup, but if she's not presenting the televsion programme would love to see her present the Challenge Cup. For the World Cup I think Prince Harry would be a great choice
100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

#24 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 6,051 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

Not good enough is it, fed up with making finals an nearly winning all what matters is winning.

Funny you should mention that. I watched the 1995 final half and hour ago and we wuz robbed. Neither Australia try was scored and we had one disallowed when they called Offiah in touch and he wasn't. It's a pity the video ref wasn't part of the game that day.

#25 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,993 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

Maybe not the World Cup, but if she's not presenting the televsion programme would love to see her present the Challenge Cup. For the World Cup I think Prince Harry would be a great choice

If it's the parasite prince then I hope the security sweep of the stadium is a very very thorough one.

rldfsignature.jpg

#26 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

Should be the Queen.

#27 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,865 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

Hullfan and Canetman, together.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#28 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Keith Harris and Orville.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#29 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,865 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

Keith Harris and Orville.

You got there 2 minutes too late, chief.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#30 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

You got there 2 minutes too late, chief.

:D

Damn and blast!

I've always wanted to know if that duck's real...

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#31 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,404 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

Neil Fox or Tom Van Vollenhoven

Edited by Trojan, 27 January 2013 - 07:29 PM.

"This is a very wealthy country, money is no object" D. Cameron February 2014

#32 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,388 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

A member of the royal family or the Prime Minister

It's a World Cup, so it's important it's a figure head....... But I guess that's my opinion

anyone but the prime minister or a member of the royal family!! Same as you, that's just a personal preference/opinion.

Edited by Robin Evans, 27 January 2013 - 07:34 PM.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#33 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,347 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

Help the Heroes should nominate/select an injured soldier for the honour.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#34 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,865 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

Seriously though, I'd be delighted to see the fellas who have won the World Cup for GB do it. Billy Boston, Stevo, Alex Murphy, Chris Hesketh etc.. I'm sure it would mean a lot to any of those guys, and it'd be great to see.

It's not something that keeps me up at nice, but I prefer it to some dignitaries who don't give a stuff about RL. Steve Redgrave in 2000, while not an RL fan in the full-on sense of the word, was a good choice because he'd just marked himself down as one of our greatest ever athletes. Wiggins would certainly be in that category.

#35 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 514 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

Sir cliff Richard...or should we just leave him for half-time!

#36 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,891 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

Tony Archer... ;)

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#37 brooza

brooza
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:35 AM

I'll go ahead and put my name forward
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#38 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

Neil Fox or Tom Van Vollenhoven

if we can't get royalty then id prefer a old player....id go with billy boston

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#39 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,665 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

anyone but the prime minister or a member of the royal family!! Same as you, that's just a personal preference/opinion.

Whilst I am not a royalist and think the PM would get a less than warm welcome, it is the World Cup Final.

Clare Balding, et al are all more deserving of the honour (in my opinion), but does the lack of recognition/acceptance/attendance of the Royals/PM only feed into the chippy regional minor sport image?
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#40 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

RL isn't afraid to be the first, so my vote is for William and Kate's baby.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users