Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Who should present the world cup ?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#41 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 756 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

Julia Gillard, hopefully they would be the only Australian/British* hands on the trophy. *Delete as appropriate according to your international allegiance.
www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#42 superten

superten
  • Coach
  • 369 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

either prince harry or william would be good. Would also be good to get them to afew games.Would create loads of interest and may make the sport more appealing to a younger generation.
Chief Crazy Eagle

#43 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,038 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

either prince harry or william would be good. Would also be good to get them to afew games.Would create loads of interest and may make the sport more appealing to a younger generation.

would it? Really? ??
Genuine question. I'm trying to set my obvious republicanism aside for just a mo to try and see why either of em would attract young uns to a game of rugby league.

Personally I'd like to see someone from within league's great history but realise this too is a bit insular!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#44 foozler

foozler
  • Coach
  • 976 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

Sir Bradley Wiggins

This.

#45 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

John Noakes

#46 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

It has to be The Queen

Regardless of your views on the monarchy, this is her job and she's the head of state of all three countries that have a chance of reaching the final.

If the roundball world cup or the Union version was in this country, she would be doing it and there wouldn't even be a debate on the subject.

#47 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

Surely someone with a flat cap and a whippet,we are a parochial northern sport after all ;)
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#48 Railway End

Railway End
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Are there any members of the England or France team alive from the first World Cup final in 1954? If so it would be fitting if they could be involved in some way.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

#49 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,038 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

It has to be The Queen

Regardless of your views on the monarchy, this is her job and she's the head of state of all three countries that have a chance of reaching the final.

If the roundball world cup or the Union version was in this country, she would be doing it and there wouldn't even be a debate on the subject.

I don't think I can reply without my feelings on the monarchy influencing my reply.
I'd have anyone but....... but I do accept thats iust me!

#50 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,994 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

that ballboy from Swansea
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#51 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,208 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

Cliff Morgan who I believe is about 83 has always been very complimentary about RL, and I know he was on the point of signing RL in the fifties - perhaps he could present it - a link with all the great Welsh players who've played RL in the past - jsut a thought.
"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#52 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,559 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

I'd like Prince Harry myself. His roguishness and sense of humour suit league well IMO.

#53 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

Rylan just put on twitter e cannot wait for world cup final at old trafford, hope it's not him!!!!! Lmao

#54 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

Harry is a rite lad
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#55 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

I don't think I can reply without my feelings on the monarchy influencing my reply.
I'd have anyone but....... but I do accept thats iust me!

To be fair Robin, I'm at the other end of the republican/monarchist spectrum from you, so that probably influences my post too.

It'd be a pretty boring place if we all thought the same!!

#56 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

Help the Heroes should nominate/select an injured soldier for the honour.

Steve Arnold,
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#57 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

Harry is a rite lad

Out of interest how do u know???

#58 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

Steve Arnold,

squeaky voiced butcher Ashley Peacock in Coronation Street?
- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#59 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 480 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

Short list seems to Prince Harry if the queens busy, and if not one of those two then it has to be Claire!

#60 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,038 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

To be fair Robin, I'm at the other end of the republican/monarchist spectrum from you, so that probably influences my post too.

It'd be a pretty boring place if we all thought the same!!

true!