Keighley Next Week

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

Very hard to do based on three friendlies where players are constantly rotating, but what would people's starting 17 be next Sunday?

Mine would be as follows:

1. Greenwood
2. Campbell (just gets the nod over Johnson based on being stronger defensively and under the kick)
3. Walton
4. Faal
5. Potts
6. Black
7. Hemmingway
8. Smith
9. Mennell
10. Rowe
11. Davies
12. Applegarth
13. Lindsay

14. Hirst
15. Flanaghan
16. Bretherton
17. Scott

Reserves:
Potter
Leary
Johnson
Whitmore
Liam Walmsley

Injured: Maun and Moore

Maybe one prop light, especially with it sounding like we are going to see very little of either Walmsley or Dan Fleming, at least to start with. Applegarth can always move into the front row though, as can Scott.

Whitmore and Liam Walmsley a little lucky to miss out as I think both have gone well in pre season.

Can't see JK using any Giants players at this stage. Hopefully it will only be if we lose players to injury or have a bad run form wise, as he intimated in The Press.

#2 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

I think Jk will want 2 props on bench nick, that's his way, so think potter might make bench instead of Scott, but apart from that, not a bad selection

#3 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 812 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

I think whitmore and liam walmsley and bretherton could all start and jason walton hasn't shown anything yet i also thought blackmore had a good game the other night to stake a place also potter but im not jk so i'll say greenwood potts faal bretherton blackmore black whitmore smith mennel rowe davies applegarth ash subs flagagan liam walmsley hirst potter

#4 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 691 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

I thought Walton has been our best centre so far?

Also I don't think Scott has done much

#5 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:43 AM

Think I'd have Esders in there instead of Davies, agree about Walton thought he played really well against Keighley.

#6 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:34 AM

Walton has to start for me

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#7 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

Think Nick07 has probably got it about right. However Potter might take Scott's place in the 17 and I think I would prefer to start with Hirst and have Rowe come off the bench.

#8 bulldogs17

bulldogs17
  • Coach
  • 140 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

Heard that esders has left due to work commitments? Not sure how true it is!! On Sunday I'd go;

1. Greenwood
2. Potts
3. Walton
4. Faal
5. Campbell
6. Black
7. Whitmore
8. Smith
9. Mennell
10. Potter/Leary
11. Walmsley
12. Applegarth
13. Lindsay

14. Flanagan
15. Hirst
16. Rowe
17. Fairbank (if available) if not Bretherton

#9 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

Couldnt really pick a 17, its a tough job for JK but a nice problem to have.

Walton has to start as he has been outstanding and i like the look of Rowe off the bench, Mennell has been playing well and id start with him and have Flanagan coming off the bench.

I believe from talk last Thursday that Esdres has left the club.

Didnt rate the dual reg lad Dawson against Halifax but thought Fairbank and Beardmore did well - also like the look of Whitmore and would maybe push him in the side ahead of Hemingway as he takes the line on whereas Hemingway tends to ship the ball out rather than run at the line.

Whatever side we put out i expect us to beat Keighley and hopefully convincingly to give us some confidence to go to the stadium of broken dreams in Sheffield next Friday - we must surely be due a win agains them!

Cant wait for the proper stuff to get underway!
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#10 greydog

greydog
  • Coach
  • 136 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

Think I'd have Esders in there instead of Davies, agree about Walton thought he played really well against Keighley.

I think that Davies would be the better choice .

#11 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 691 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

Davies has looked the better of the two for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users