TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Talksport

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

With the link up between Heinz big soup and talksport I decided too visit the talksport website looking for more information of the said link up, not only did I find nothing of the new link up but talksport had a section for every sport including football, rugby union, cricket, F1, golf, boxing etc but no rugby league. Does anybody know why this is, are the producers anti-league or union old boys? Very strange as rugby league has a large growing and loyal following who would surely increase their viewership.

#2 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,072 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

With the link up between Heinz big soup and talksport I decided too visit the talksport website looking for more information of the said link up, not only did I find nothing of the new link up but talksport had a section for every sport including football, rugby union, cricket, F1, golf, boxing etc but no rugby league. Does anybody know why this is, are the producers anti-league or union old boys? Very strange as rugby league has a large growing and loyal following who would surely increase their viewership.

It should really be called talksoccer because thats all they want to talk about.

#3 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

http://www.talksport...k/about/contact
- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#4 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

It should really be called talksoccer because thats all they want to talk about.

True but not having a rugby league section on their website when all other sports do is a poor show.

#5 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,645 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

True but not having a rugby league section on their website when all other sports do is a poor show.

And Adrian Durham says he's a hull FC fan, talks about it being a great game, that great there's only ever brief mentions of the game

Talksport, should be renamed talking bolllocksss

#6 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

And Adrian Durham says he's a hull FC fan, talks about it being a great game, that great there's only ever brief mentions of the game

Talksport, should be renamed talking bolllocksss

He's just a presenter and not a producer, I seem to remember him doing reports from the one-off test in Sydney 2002. Now whether talksport sent him there or he did it off his own bat I don't know.

#7 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,645 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

He's just a presenter and not a producer, I seem to remember him doing reports from the one-off test in Sydney 2002. Now whether talksport sent him there or he did it off his own bat I don't know.

thanks, I know the difference.

When Durham talks about RL you'd think he was there week in week out...... its just a token love of FC

#8 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

thanks, I know the difference.

When Durham talks about RL you'd think he was there week in week out...... its just a token love of FC

Never said you didn't know the difference, As for Adrian Durham he's based in the south, does his show 5 days a week and reports on football matches at the weekend for talksport. Football is obviously his first love but You don't have to attend matches and wear a cloth cap to be considered a rugby league fan.

#9 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

I used to play cricket with Adrian Durham (and sometimes see him at away games for our shared football team ). I am trying to think of a word to describe him, but they'd all get caught in the swear filter.
People called Romans they go the house

#10 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

I used to play cricket with Adrian Durham (and sometimes see him at away games for our shared football team ). I am trying to think of a word to describe him, but they'd all get caught in the swear filter.

Listening to his show he's what the yanks would call a bomb thrower, somebody who just winds people up.

#11 Oh Sully Sully

Oh Sully Sully
  • Coach
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

I used to work with Durham at talkSPORT back in the day. He's an FC fan only out of having gone to Hull Uni and fallen the wrong side of the divide. He almost never goes now, but calls himself an RL fan all the same, so fair play. He went to Sydney for a holiday in 2002 and volunteered to get RL on the air by doing a few reports.

As for talkSPORT itself, this is nothing new. I used to do whatever I could to get RL mentioned, and it worked to a point, but left in the hands of anyone else at the station, there was no real input. Whenever I spoke to the higher-ups and mentioned the need to reach out more to listeners in the north in terms of extended football coverage and better mentions of RL, it was quickly forgotten.

#12 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,512 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

Purely by chance I have just discovered Eddie Hemmings is on Talksport now. Seems to be quite a long piece too.

#13 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,461 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

Seems to be quite a long piece too.

It has to cover his whole head.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#14 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,512 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

B'dum tsch

#15 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

Leave.

Now.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#16 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,461 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

Leave.

Now.

But I've brought my own veal.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#17 brooza

brooza
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

Leave.

Now.

But I've brought my own veal.

And that, my friends, is what we call a callback
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users