Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Seriously underwhelming...

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#61 Just to be clear

Just to be clear
  • Coach
  • 330 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

What about match points though?? Two table points are given but are any match points given (say a 24-0 win or whatever)?? Otherwise it's a win but with no scoring.

Just to be clear, it is only competition points awarded. Nothing else in the table changes, so the number of wins and match points all stay the same. It is more like bonus points, just without a separate column.

The only reason I can think to explain them is so that at the end of a round a team will not fall down the table as a result of not having played. Not that that should matter as that would quickly be corrected anyway. All the byes occur in the middle of the season so there are only a few weeks between each team taking them.

Incidentally, in union Super Rugby also has two byes and awards points in the same way, but the AFL season has one bye and does not give any points for it.

#62 trakl

trakl
  • Coach
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

One of the comments below the Guardian article today on Brian Barwick's appointment is by Andy Wilson who, to his credit, lambasts his own newspaper for not including a single word on rugby league in this morning's edition.

In other words, Andy Wilson is but one among many to be "seriously underwhelmed" by his newspaper's lack of commitment - I'm being polite - to the game of rugby league.

Edited by trakl, 31 January 2013 - 05:10 PM.

#63 faithfulbyname

faithfulbyname
  • Coach
  • 114 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:23 AM

I saw Hadfield's piece in the Independent today. On the plus side there was a decent 2 page spread (I guess that'll be it for the season).
Overall however the headline starts with the negatives and just doesn't portray a positive thriving sport...

Again, underwhelmed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users