• 1,306 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

Karl Pryce perhaps

#22 potato ram

potato ram
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

thought he'd gone back to RU. :o Be a good signing but I doubt we could afford his terms.

Not KS but KP (not the cricketer)

#23 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

Karl Pryce perhaps

Going to Salford I have read somewhere.

#24 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

Going to salford for the money lol

#25 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

Going to salford for the money lol

Whats wrong with that?

#26 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

Whats wrong with that?

you expect young players to have some drive & ambition
rather than easy paydays..

and did signing big players get salford in to the situation they were in
or should i say....added too it ;)

#27 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

So are you suggesting that Karl Pryce should sign for Dewsbury to show his drive and ambition? He is prepared to play at a higher level, does that not show his drive and ambition. And how many people would not work at the highest level they can for the most money they can do so? You make no sense.

#28 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

We live in a world where money talks. If a company offered you £10 an hour or £40 an hour to do the same job I know which one I would choose!

#29 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,285 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

Salford have had to delay any new signings until their takeover has been completed, which it hasn't yet. they expect/hope to announce around seven new players within the next few weeks.

If someone of quality were to join us expect there to be a simple cheap release clause. We've long been seen as a handy B&B spot by certain players.

He went to play RU at a very early stage in his career.

Run that drive and ambition thing past me once again would you?

Edited by Blind side johnny, 30 January 2013 - 07:12 PM.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#30 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

We live in a world where money talks. If a company offered you £10 an hour or £40 an hour to do the same job I know which one I would choose!

there has to be some job satisfaction,why do a job for £40 if it gets you down,depresses you & makes you feel like you wanna die,would rather get £10 if i within myself felt i made a difference and enjoyed the job.

kark could come to dewsbury he might feel he's helping others in useing his experience for the next generation
rather than salford for a quick quid...some people are not driven my money,how they feel about themselves is important to some people.

#31 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

there has to be some job satisfaction,why do a job for £40 if it gets you down,depresses you & makes you feel like you wanna die,would rather get £10 if i within myself felt i made a difference and enjoyed the job.

kark could come to dewsbury he might feel he's helping others in useing his experience for the next generation
rather than salford for a quick quid...some people are not driven my money,how they feel about themselves is important to some people.

The main problem is though coolie is a rugby career is short and they need to make the money while they can. Also once you make the step down you very rarely go back up into the top flight. Once you go down you generally stay down.

#32 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,285 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

The main problem is though coolie is a rugby career is short and they need to make the money while they can. Also once you make the step down you very rarely go back up into the top flight. Once you go down you generally stay down.

Like Fev you mean?
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#33 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

Like Fev you mean?

Nah we will be back there in 2015 BSJ😉. You just concentrate on getting your players ready to join us next season 😄😄😄😄

Edited by thundergaz, 30 January 2013 - 07:37 PM.

#34 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:58 AM

Nah we will be back there in 2015 BSJ. You just concentrate on getting your players ready to join us next season

Is Cas going to lend you half of their support ?

#35 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:30 AM

You didn't read my post as it was meant. I love my job and have real job satisfaction at the end of the day, yet if my company were to offer me a pay-rise for instance £40 an hour instead of £10 then I would be crazy not to take it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users