RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Fev Game

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#61 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

Come on Robin, this is a fans' forum you know?

;) ;)

:lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#62 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

We could always move to Dewsbury and make out someones nicked our kids

Or they could stop outside the pubs all day like they do in Fev.
PS At least we have someone that got to a final and didnt blow it.

Edited by EQUALIZER, 06 February 2013 - 11:10 AM.

#63 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,474 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

Apart from the Woman that Effs and Jeffs in the Family Stand at BigFellas, i find the trips to Featherstone most enjoyable.
Granted the prices in the Last Orders help but the banter in there is of a better quality than we seem to begetting on here atm ; )

Ditto that John, by and large I find the fev lot good humoured and good company. If twenty years of playing the game taught me anything, it was to respect the opposition ( much of that respect was knocked into me), so when good natured banter deteriorates into mud slinging it saddens me. The bottom line is that fev, thanks largely to a minted backer, can afford to take many of the best players and all of the moral high ground with respect to DR. Those of us who are less fortunate have to play the cards we are dealt, and while I don't agree with most of the SL link up mullarkey, we seem to be stuck with it. As for the match, a six o'clock kick off means my first season ticket coupon will be wasted. :angry:

#64 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

He got the best out of an average bunch.

I think the answer you were looking for is: he signed Dewsbury players to help raise his credibility.
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#65 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

Ditto that John, by and large I find the fev lot good humoured and good company. If twenty years of playing the game taught me anything, it was to respect the opposition ( much of that respect was knocked into me), so when good natured banter deteriorates into mud slinging it saddens me. The bottom line is that fev, thanks largely to a minted backer, can afford to take many of the best players and all of the moral high ground with respect to DR. Those of us who are less fortunate have to play the cards we are dealt, and while I don't agree with most of the SL link up mullarkey, we seem to be stuck with it. As for the match, a six o'clock kick off means my first season ticket coupon will be wasted. :angry:

Agree with most of that Grumpy one.
If we turned the clock back 6-7 years (Pre- mark campbell et al), Fev were in the brown stuff after many years of swimming in brown stuff. We were on our botties without a nail to scratch our botties with!!
Go back 12 years, when Dews were having their day out in the sunshine, and then a few years on and signing the likes of Liam Fin, Brynn Powell etc, Fev were up sh it creek. Dews had the upper hand and we had to endure it.
If DR had been introduced then I would still be yelling NO!!! as loudly as I can. I honestly think it's bad for the game and will massively impact on developmental opportunities for players... but that's just my opinion.
For now at least, we seem to be on a roll. The 2832 crowd on Sunday was buzzin. If I start chelpin off about DR now, it looks like there's an air of ambivalence to the plight of other clubs about my comments.... which is def not the case.

6pm ko?? Strange one, but I'll live with it. I've booked monday off work so I'm tickety boo with the KO time!! :lol:

Edited by Robin Evans, 06 February 2013 - 11:17 AM.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#66 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,534 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

Sadly, but for reasons of alternative entertainment, I shall also be missing the next three matches. Ten points in the league by the end of February would be nice.

:rolleyes:
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#67 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

I dont know why premiersports have chose a 6 kick off but im quite looking forward to a night match!! should be a good atmosphere.. It will be a shame to those who will miss the game, hope the kickoff time wont lose too many supporters..

#68 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

Ha back to rugby.Think this is a trial game for the T.V.Alot of our lot go to church so it might affect the gate.On the game i would have prefered to play Fev a couple more games down the line enable us to gel a bit more.

#69 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

I dont know why premiersports have chose a 6 kick off but im quite looking forward to a night match!! should be a good atmosphere.. It will be a shame to those who will miss the game, hope the kickoff time wont lose too many supporters..

Premier sports are trying the game out on Sunday at 6pm to see if it works because that's the preferred day and time for them apparently. So I guess if it works etc this will become the regular slot for our league games to be televised. I don't like the time either but I guess we will just have to live with it if they stick to it.

#70 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

i like thursday nights games..start of the weekend

plus bug.ger all else sportwise that night

sunday nights thou is another matter..that you cant take in another game unless local
and finishes in the limbo time of 8pm..early doors close

its fine if at home...but a long journey home aint gonna be nice after a lose and a long day out

i vote thursdays !!

#71 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

so your telling me you charge £17 for an adult and a family ticket is £20
i bet on sunday there was more and the usual same sex families living in featherstone ;)

what was the terms & conditions
kids had to be over 65 years of age accompanied by both parents ;)

My daughter, husband and two lads aged 2 & 4 paid £20 for a fantastic afternoon's entertainment. Well done Fev. If Rovers aren't playing I give my money to either Dewsbury or Batley and don't begrudge a penny of it. Both are great clubs in my eyes.

Edited by Terry Mullaney, 06 February 2013 - 09:54 PM.

Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#72 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

My daughter, husband and two lads aged 2 & 4 paid £20 for a fantastic afternoon's entertainment. Well done Fev. If Rovers aren't playing I give my money to either Dewsbury or Batley and don't begrudge a penny of it. Both are great clubs in my eyes.

hmmmmmm ;)

so before we run to the toilet clutching a copy of fev rovers titbits to knock one out over such amazing news ;)

if the offer is that fantastic,fab,brill,superdooper,...THE DOGS BITS ;)

why aint the unbelievable deal plastered all over their website ;)

classic case of...IF ITS SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE......IT IS ;)

#73 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:42 AM

hmmmmmm ;)

so before we run to the toilet clutching a copy of fev rovers titbits to knock one out over such amazing news ;)

What are you on about??? I've just told you what happened, what's your problem? Rovers representatives were handing out family discount vouchers in Pontefract town centre and my daughter obtained one and the whole family got in for £20. What's hard to understand about that?
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#74 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

Premier sports are trying the game out on Sunday at 6pm to see if it works because that's the preferred day and time for them apparently. So I guess if it works etc this will become the regular slot for our league games to be televised. I don't like the time either but I guess we will just have to live with it if they stick to it.

I agree its a potential tryout, but theyve announced first 16 rounds of fixtures to be televised and this is the only Sunday fixture so this cant be the ideal time or else why didnt they announce some more?

I think its more to do with the bowls coverage as well that is occuring on Thursday

Edited by elppaxr2i, 07 February 2013 - 10:06 AM.

#75 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

Think you will find some clubs asked to explore different days to see if Premier will get a better audience but I agree just once won't make a difference

#76 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,710 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

hmmmmmm ;)

Something in your eye? Looks like you have some forum style tick.

Cummins Out.

#77 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

jt, on 05 February 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:
How much is it on Sunday for a family of 4 two adults and two u16 coolie at your club you forgot to say
dont know mate

season ticket

works for you,works for me

Just been checking prices out looks like its more expensive for a family of 4 to watch the rams than it is to watch at fev if you want to sit in comfort What's your thoughts on that coolie and can you let me know which turnstile has the black mask and black cape because I will feel robbed paying them prices

#78 Paul Gibbins

Paul Gibbins
  • Coach
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:53 AM

hmmmmmm ;)

I stopped posting on this forum a while ago because of people like you talking rubbish, this thread or more your contribution to it provers it was the correct decision but as a one off I will satisfy your curiosity.

I am the rovers mascot Bluebeard, the day before the Leigh match i was in pontefract town centre not spending time with my children handing out flyers for the £20 family offer, yes it is true, yes it was popular and put over 100 on the attendance.

I know you have form for speaking ill of featherstone rovers, the town and their fans but instead of whinging about an entrance fee you won't pay at fev anyway, why don't you do something constructive to get your own crowds up instead of stopping people from other clubs wanting to come to your ground due to your attitude.

I was looking forward to paying my admission fee and watching a good game of rugby tomorrow enjoying a few pints some food and a good graic spending my money in your ground but instead i'm gonna come as bluebeard and get in free and keep my £40 in my pocket. well done your chairman will be proud of your efforts.

I know you and a few others are sore about the players we've taken off your hands over the last few seasons but think of it like this, they didn't make your team anything better than average, at fev they are playing to their potentials (due to good coaching) and consistantly winning games as the league table from the last three seasons shows. i think this speaks volumes about your set up as well as ours and the big difference between them
PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling
Plastering

Bathroom fitting
Fencing
Guttering

Insurance work
Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

#79 firebasher

firebasher
  • Coach
  • 123 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:01 AM

He's not worth rising to Paul, you can't educate pork !

#80 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:26 AM

Paul, agree with most of what you say but not regarding the rugby side. The reason you are a top side is because your benefactors are paying for the biggest playing budget in the CC. Our progress on the field is limited by our Chairman's position that the club will not spend money we don't have. But it is a long term sustainable position. Fev's playing budget is not.

Remember where Fev were a few seasons ago. If Fev don't make SL how long will these benefactors keep forking out the money? Another 3 years? Enjoy it whilst it lasts but don't sneer at clubs not spending money they don't have.

DP? If he is such a fantastic coach, why is he in the CC? It is easy to coach a team full of top class players you ve picked off from other clubs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users