• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#81 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,973 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:30 AM

Paul, agree with most of what you say but not regarding the rugby side. The reason you are a top side is because your benefactors are paying for the biggest playing budget in the CC. Our progress on the field is limited by our Chairman's position that the club will not spend money we don't have. But it is a long term sustainable position. Fev's playing budget is not.

Remember where Fev were a few seasons ago. If Fev don't make SL how long will these benefactors keep forking out the money? Another 3 years? Enjoy it whilst it lasts but don't sneer at clubs not spending money they don't have.

DP? If he is such a fantastic coach, why is he in the CC? It is easy to coach a team full of top class players you ve picked off from other clubs.

coolie's on 'a rather successful' fishing trip....
Nowt more than that!

Roll on this aft.... snow my fat ginger botty!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#82 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

Aside from all the irritating wet flannel throwing at each other, I'm going to make a prediction for the score today, assuming the game will go ahead.

Dewsbury 12-28 Featherstone Rovers

Att: 1448

Based on last week's performance I can't see us getting close to our visitors. We need to play for 80 minutes, not about 60. (I'm sure we used to say that about our previous coach's team too.)
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#83 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,973 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

Conditions levelling matters. Score a bit closer in an error strewn game.

#84 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

You run a one off promo for 20 quid

i pointed out that it wasnt a reg promo

as it wasnt on your website....thats all

if you do it all season...thats great.....BUT

until its set in stone and promoted on your website...dont use one off promo's as some kind of baseball bat...to say look at us how well were doing...cos personally im not remotely interested
in fev rovers..

its like me saying bring a friend for a fiver...its not a reg promo.

i cannot believe everybody at fev is happy with season ticket prices nor £17 in.

yorkshire people are world wide known for tightness....and im positive fev are not exempt from the rule ;)

#85 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

If you carry on like this Coolie, people will be saying that i post well balanced and reasoned posts lol.
Ive never really bought into the "Fev are strip mining the league" attitude, nor will i be saying "I told you so if the sh&t hits the fan"
When we were best in the league i enjoyed it while it lasted.
Try and afford Fev the same courtesy mate B)

PS Feel free to berate the Batley Supporters all you want, after all its genetically implanted in us Heavy Woollen supporters ;)
Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#86 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

John you do mate ;)

#87 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 879 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

Had been said but the weather will be a leveller , I'd be happy with a bonus point.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#88 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,973 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

With dews 12 up and playing miles the better rugby at ht.... so would I!!

#89 jayemm

jayemm
  • Coach
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

Dewsbury 18 Fev 6 latest score

#90 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,973 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

Dews well worth it n'all. We're being out enthused and we cannot complete anything!

#91 johnny 2 camps

johnny 2 camps
  • Coach
  • 156 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

Go on you Rams is Karl Pryce playing ??

#92 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

18-12 (Ellis Try, Finn Conv)

#93 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

20 - 18 (Finn Try Finn Conv)

#94 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

20-22 (Briggs Try) kick to come

#95 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

Similar story to last year, just not enough in the tank, but gotta be happy with a bonus point

Lillicrop MoM

#96 Leyther_Matt

Leyther_Matt
  • Coach
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

Tremendous game, top effort from both sides. Thought Dewsbury deserved to win it personally but can't write off the class of Fev.

#97 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

Similar story to last year, just not enough in the tank, but gotta be happy with a bonus point

Lillicrop MoM

Nothing to do with the tank in my opinion, simply beat by a better team in trecherous conditions.

Forget about the first ten minutes which were nothing short of amateur, and look at the 70 minutes that Dewsbury played the best team in the league and got pipped in the last few minuted by just two points. The boys played with heart, desire and though it was pretty much one up the middle rugby, they put in an outstanding performance in conditions most never play in.

Well done Dewsbury - It was a fantastic game, a spirited performance and the heart was there for all to see.

Onwards and upwards.

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#98 Havenwarrior

Havenwarrior
  • Coach
  • 612 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

Outstanding effort from all players, absolute awful conditions, and a bit of snow to finish the game off.

HW

#99 ChrisRover

ChrisRover
  • Coach
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

Thought we were lucky to get the win tonight, a draw would if been a fair result to be honest. I reckon you guys will be one of the teams to beat this year. Looking forward to playing you at our place!!

#100 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 764 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

Bit of inexperience cost us the game. But a great effort by the lads in awful conditions. Why did Alibert not award a try when we kicked through and Fev knocked on. We pounced on the ball and scored? How could he give head and feed to Fev. Least of all go to the screen. I agree with Bulldoggy, Spaven not up to this standard.

Edited by YOUNG UN, 10 February 2013 - 08:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users