RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Fev Game

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#101 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 597 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

Bit of inexperience cost us the game. But a great effort by the lads in awful conditions. Why did Alibert not award a try when we kicked through and Fev knocked on. We pounced on the ball and scored? How could he give head and feed to Fev. Least of all go to the screen. I agree with Bulldoggy, Spaven not up to this standard.

By all accounts Alibert wasn't great - But he was bad for both sides.

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#102 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

A weird game if I'm being honest and I can't read too much into the game as the conditions were horrendous. We were lucky to win tonight but I was very pleased we got down and got stuck in to win the game. We know we have flair and lots of skill but last year we lacked the gritty stuff but it looks like we have got it this season. Dewsbury made it a very good game and test for us. You didn't deserve to lose the game at all but I think a draw would of been a fair result tonight. We will know more about the 2 teams when/if the pitches dry out 😄😄😄

#103 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

Well played dews. Top commitment
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#104 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

Good old fashioned mud rugby. It was like watching games from the Shaun Edwards era 😄😄😄

#105 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

and i got called a reasonable supporter by a fev fan...made my night :)

#106 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

smart rugby would have won the game tonight

spaven needs a rest and someone else deserves a chance in his position

no point having loads of players chomping at the bit for a chance

when theres a weak link...chances have to be given

1000% commitment from all the lads tonight..no question of that.

#107 giveuplinno

giveuplinno
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

Id rather see what i saw tonight than the Jowitt rubbish though.

#108 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

Never were they drunk coolie? 😄😄😄 ( only kidding that's how it should be between different sets of fans)

#109 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

Never were they drunk coolie? ������ ( only kidding that's how it should be between different sets of fans)

nope not drunk at all,tried to sell me some moonshine and offered me his sister for some pleasure
saying ''she was the best in fev because all his family had been there''

not drunk at at all..just 3 regular featherstone fans... i even enjoyed their dueling banjo's at halftime too ;) ;) ;0

only joking...top blokes :)

Edited by coolie, 10 February 2013 - 09:07 PM.

#110 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

nope not drunk at all,tried to sell me some moonshine and offered me his sister for some pleasure
saying ''she was the best in fev because all his family had been there''

not drunk at at all..just 3 regular featherstone fans... i even enjoyed their dueling banjo's at halftime too ;) ;) ;0

only joking...top blokes :)

You liking Fev and its fans wow they must have left a good impression on you coolie 😄😄😄

#111 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

spavin = most ineffective half in the championship
not taken on line, not even a dirty shirt,,,,,,,just kicks ball into touch.......

Glad it wasn't just me who noticed how Spaven didn't look interested. Absolutely sh**e

#112 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 365 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

Glad it wasn't just me who noticed how Spaven didn't look interested. Absolutely sh**e

Spaven isn't sh*te, he isn't a half back either, he is an hooker.
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#113 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

Spaven isn't sh*te, he isn't a half back either, he is an hooker.

Hooker my a.r.s.e.

Everyone else gave 100% whereas Spaven didn't even get his shirt muddy speaks volumes!

#114 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 661 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

Sounds to me like Spaven's run over a couple of supporters' dogs this past week. Hardly weather conducive to creative play from the halves was it?

#115 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

A great effort from the Rams, lacked size / weight compared to Fev in the forwards and we lacked composure but that's what you get from an inexperienced side.

Surprised at the reaction from the Fev players at the end, you'd have thought they 'd beaten some top side in a crucial match rather than limping past a hastily put together bunch of Academy cast offs and a few players past their best.

I don't like singling out Rams players but I just don't get Spaven. He seems to lack any threat, tactical nous (care to explain a pointless feeble attempt at a drop goal?) and mediocre kicking game. on a lighter note, how high did Karl Pryce kick that 40/20? that must have been the highest kick I have ever seen. Hopefully, he will stay a few games before Salford sin him.

#116 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

Sounds to me like Spaven's run over a couple of supporters' dogs this past week. Hardly weather conducive to creative play from the halves was it?

His passing was non-existant and that attempt at a drop-goal was a joke!

#117 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

Im actually doing a mental health assessment on david tomorrow. I think he is ill! :lol:

#118 FarOutRam

FarOutRam
  • Coach
  • 213 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

Great effort from both teams. Mudbath conditions like the old days. Fev actually deserved to win. I could see them grinding their way back into it. They had the guile to get over the line while the Rams messed up in great postions. In better condidtions it wouldn't have been that close on the scoreboard. The effort is there from The Rams, but like at Doncaster last week, they lacked killer instinct and it leads to a nervy finish.

#119 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

A great effort from the Rams, lacked size / weight compared to Fev in the forwards and we lacked composure but that's what you get from an inexperienced side.

Surprised at the reaction from the Fev players at the end, you'd have thought they 'd beaten some top side in a crucial match rather than limping past a hastily put together bunch of Academy cast offs and a few players past their best.

the lads had just won a comeback against a bloody spirted dews in foul conditions going ahead with 3 mins left on the clock. Course they're going to celebrate. :rolleyes:

#120 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

Great effort from both teams. Mudbath conditions like the old days. Fev actually deserved to win. I could see them grinding their way back into it. They had the guile to get over the line while the Rams messed up in great postions. In better condidtions it wouldn't have been that close on the scoreboard. The effort is there from The Rams, but like at Doncaster last week, they lacked killer instinct and it leads to a nervy finish.

I think we all agree it would of been a different score line on a drier pitch. But you have to except and play the conditions you are given. I thought you guys played really well tonight and your team deserves a lot of credit for a fantastic effort. Apart from the last 10 mins I thought we were going to lose but in the last 10 mins we seemed to up a gear which won us the game which IMO we didn't really deserve. But I'm glad we showed a fighting spirit which I think was lacking last season. But hats off to your guys they played their socks off. Pryce can't tackle still though get Glenn to teach him to bend his glass back😄😄😄

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users