Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Fev Game

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#161 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:04 AM

Excellent effort by both teams on a foul night, congrats to fev on their gutsy late show and the same to dews .

#162 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:27 AM

I actually thought the rovers celebrations were a compliment to the Rams. I'd rather teams were happy to beat us rather than expecting to!

Exactly John. There is no gimmies in this league.Dewsbury tested us to the full in the horrendous conditions and our lads had to find the guile from somewhere to get a draw at one point never mind the win. Our lads knew they had worked their buts off for the win and duely celebrated it with the last try. IMO the celebration was more testament to dewsbury than us actually winning the game.

#163 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

and i use to think you were a top player/bloke , funny how wrong yer can be !

I'm not the real Eddie Rombo it's a fans forum and I am using a pseudonym.

#164 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:18 AM

To be honest i thought thats what all teams did when they won celebrate.On a night like that the performance deserved a little bit of extra beer money in the pay packet.Not seen the telly shots but rumour has it we could have a try awarded.However sign of a good side that never gave up especially in those conditions.The lads gave it all and on this showing we will win alot more than we will lose.

#165 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,038 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

To be honest i thought thats what all teams did when they won celebrate.On a night like that the performance deserved a little bit of extra beer money in the pay packet.Not seen the telly shots but rumour has it we could have a try awarded.However sign of a good side that never gave up especially in those conditions.The lads gave it all and on this showing we will win alot more than we will lose.

against Batley Dews were dire. But having seen you v Fax and us I would tend to agree with you.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#166 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

Please read what i type, im not having a go at your pitch and couldnt give a toss if you want to play on a narrow pitch and if you dont want to widen it then dont, BUT the facts are when you play on a narrow pitch you have to adjust and we did just enough, that is the advantage of playing at home

It was the same for both sides.. To be honest i reckon glens mentality of how hes getting us to play this season wasnt suited to a bogged down pitch so we had to change our playing style too to a more compact game, like yourselfs. Any fev fan who saw our game with halifax in preseason or at batley(2nd half) will tell you we now prefer to play some rugby unlike the jowitt era of boring 1 up rugby.. Players with pace and flair like craven, pryce, arron brown, adam obrien, greg scott, dale morton ect would of much preferd a dry field to work on, especialy if our forwards are getting on top which at times on sunday night we looked like we was..

I dont think just because you only beat us by 2 points that youl walk over us at post office road, nor would you have beat us by 20 plus on sunday if the pitch was dry, as i reckon this new young dewsbury side is still along way off reaching its potential and think theys alot more to come from us this season. We are an almost new side, playing a new style, still gelling..

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 12 February 2013 - 12:53 PM.

#167 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

It was the same for both sides.. To be honest i reckon glens mentality of how hes getting us to play this season wasnt suited to a bogged down pitch so we had to change our playing style too to a more compact game, like yourselfs. Any fev fan who saw our game with halifax in preseason or at batley(2nd half) will tell you we now prefer to play some rugby unlike the jowitt era of boring 1 up rugby.. Players with pace and flair like craven, pryce, arron brown, adam obrien, greg scott, dale morton ect would of much preferd a dry field to work on, especialy if our forwards are getting on top which at times on sunday night we looked like we was..

I dont think just because you only beat us by 2 points that youl walk over us at post office road, nor would you have beat us by 20 plus on sunday if the pitch was dry, as i reckon this new young dewsbury side is still along way off reaching its potential and think theys alot more to come from us this season. We are an almost new side, playing a new style, still gelling..

Good post. My sentiments exactly.

#168 Heckler

Heckler
  • Coach
  • 421 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

I'm not the real Eddie Rombo it's a fans forum and I am using a pseudonym.

:D :D

#169 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

some bad losers robin !

Bit unfair - over the last three seasons we've become quite good at it. :rolleyes:

#170 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,038 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

I honestly think that when this season is evaluated, that win for us will be seen as one of the hardest games of the season.
Not for the purist, it was proper 'dig in' rugby. On a night like that it was always going to be more than just about silky skills.
The players deserved a meddle for what they served up sunday. A really exciting game in doubt right til the very end. Could be a contender for "THE" league game of the season

#171 BROADEDDIE

BROADEDDIE
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

got to agree with most of what been said, a young side with a lot to learn but even more to give, hope someone signs Price soon, he couldn't defend if his life depended on it and nowhere near match fitness.

#172 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

Well I consider myself slapped down then.

I will be very careful how I phrase things in future in case I offend a Fev fan.

#173 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,038 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

Eh??? Not with you?

#174 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

who is " price " and who does he play for .

#175 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 205 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

Some of the players went in at half time and needed to have foil blankets to try and get some heat back into their bodies they were that cold, freezing temperatures driving rain/sleet but what I couldn't believe was the fact that they played the second half in the same strip as the first half, it's a wonder nobody ended up with hyperthermia. I thought that they would have had another strip to put on, for this reason alone and to make matters worse the hot water ran out in the showers. I went to the bar at half time and when I got back outside for the start of the second half I was shivering and I was dry so god knows how the players felt when they came out to play for at least another 40 minutes. The game itself was testament to two sides that gave it everything they had and more, it was never going to be pretty but for the conditions it was top draw, well done to all 34 players 80 minutes of nothing but good hard honest graft.

#176 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

Bit unfair - over the last three seasons we've become quite good at it. :rolleyes:

And long may it continue ;)

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#177 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:26 AM

Some of the players went in at half time and needed to have foil blankets to try and get some heat back into their bodies they were that cold, freezing temperatures driving rain/sleet but what I couldn't believe was the fact that they played the second half in the same strip as the first half, it's a wonder nobody ended up with hyperthermia. I thought that they would have had another strip to put on, for this reason alone and to make matters worse the hot water ran out in the showers. I went to the bar at half time and when I got back outside for the start of the second half I was shivering and I was dry so god knows how the players felt when they came out to play for at least another 40 minutes. The game itself was testament to two sides that gave it everything they had and more, it was never going to be pretty but for the conditions it was top draw, well done to all 34 players 80 minutes of nothing but good hard honest graft.

Can't argue with that - the rugby was excellent given those conditions.

Robin I hope the following was a typo and not wistful thinking :lol:

The players deserved a meddle for what they served up sunday. A really exciting game in doubt right til the very end.

#178 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,038 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

ooops :lol: :lol: :lol:

#179 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

Maybe so but I'd never move to Featherstone in a million years let alone watch their rugby team.

p.s. I don't live in Dewsbury.

Posted Image

Cummins Out.

#180 Hugh Jarce

Hugh Jarce
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

Keep it to yourself, and with any luck it will stay a secret too! :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne