14-60

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

York City Knights rounded off their pre-season preparations with a disappointing 14-60 defeat against SuperLeague big guns Hull FC at Huntington Stadium.

(Match report with help from Hull FC this week, I had a nightmare with no teamsheet and a broken lift!)

Ah well, its what pre-season is for isn't it...?

<_<

Posted Image

#2 Clarence St

Clarence St
  • Coach
  • 332 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

York City Knights rounded off their pre-season preparations with a disappointing 14-60 defeat against SuperLeague big guns Hull FC at Huntington Stadium.

(Match report with help from Hull FC this week, I had a nightmare with no teamsheet and a broken lift!)

Ah well, its what pre-season is for isn't it...?

<_<

Thanks for that Gav. I couldn't get this afternoon,( family function), and I was fearing the worst when nobody was posting! Just one thing, on reading your report I see we scored 3 tries and kicked 3 goals. That's 18 points but you've got the score as 60points (ouch!) to 14 points.

#3 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

Thanks for that Gav. I couldn't get this afternoon,( family function), and I was fearing the worst when nobody was posting! Just one thing, on reading your report I see we scored 3 tries and kicked 3 goals. That's 18 points but you've got the score as 60points (ouch!) to 14 points.

Apologies, only one goal was kicked!
Posted Image

#4 Clarence St

Clarence St
  • Coach
  • 332 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

Apologies, only one goal was kicked!

Oh my goodness, it's getting worse by the minute!

#5 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,102 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

Yeah, Cheers Gav.
Didnt sound like too much cheer for the Knights fans.
I was M.I.A. too - family bereavement over in Leeds, sadly.

#6 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

Yeah, Cheers Gav.
Didnt sound like too much cheer for the Knights fans.

Funny one today really, can't say there's been many games where I've been keen for the opposition to show what they can do. Very, very impressed with the Hull lads, that team would do extremely well in our league, they looked superior to the likes of Fev & Fax in every way for the majority if the game, the speed, skill and power blew us away and we just didn't have the strength to deal with them. Just hope the DR works for us and we get our pick of the players cos if we do I reckon we'll go well this season.

Obviously I'd rather have signed 5 of those lads on a contract but 5 players of that standard would probably cost us as much as we spend on our full squad, so for us DR will have to do if we want to compete, get the crowds back and be a successful club.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#7 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

You don't have to be a high flying team to put 60 on York!

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#8 ala

ala
  • Coach
  • 798 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

Well we looked a reasonable side for 15 -20 mins and matched them blow for blow but once we leaked the first try it was one way trafic from then on, Hull had to much size pace and skill and we were found wanting out wide on both flanks Thornton has a huge task
to find a winning squad for the Haven game,( looks like 5 duel reg player in Sundays squad for me ).

ala

#9 WRknight

WRknight
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

Here we are a week before the first match of the season, and we are hoping that some of our dual registered players will be available to put a side together. Three of our major signings have left the club, two without ever having played.

When will we have a season when we can put a strong side out, that we can look forward to watching and that has a chance of winning a few matches. Is it too much to ask.......

#10 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

Pretty poor yesterday all round, but very impressed with Matt Nicholson.
Can only hope that most teams in our league won't play the ball so quickly
and have that many runners - quite frightening the pace those Hull FC lads
played at.

Confirmed in Press about King, Thompson & Goddard no longer with us, must
surely free up some finance to stengthen the squad.

#11 steve56

steve56
  • Coach
  • 374 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

Here we are a week before the first match of the season, and we are hoping that some of our dual registered players will be available to put a side together. Three of our major signings have left the club, two without ever having played.

When will we have a season when we can put a strong side out, that we can look forward to watching and that has a chance of winning a few matches. Is it too much to ask.......

We will have a winning team when those 1000 or so people from 8 years ago come back to watching games and put some money in the pot.It's all about the money unfortunately.
At this early stage i fear for us!!

#12 WRknight

WRknight
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

We will have a winning team when those 1000 or so people from 8 years ago come back to watching games and put some money in the pot.It's all about the money unfortunately.
At this early stage i fear for us!!

Unfortunately it is a catch 22 situation. You will not entice those fans back until we start winning, and we can't build a winning team without the extra income those fans provide.

#13 BIG IAN

BIG IAN
  • Coach
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

Unfortunately it is a catch 22 situation. You will not entice those fans back until we start winning, and we can't build a winning team without the extra income those fans provide.

well get your selfs down to the Kiss events this year as all funds raised goes to squad builder, and over the last few seasons we have donated thousands.
Every penny counts.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users