Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Team v Whitehaven

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

The games covered are Town and Barrow with updates from haven. What about radio York then??

Save me a good seat, Otto ;)

#42 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

Seen in the press that Jack Briscoe, Tom Lineham, Josh Bowden, Dean Hadley and Danny Nicklas will be available for Sunday. So my preferred team would be:

1. Tom Carr
2. Jack Briscoe
3. James Ford
4. George Elliot
5. Tom Lineham
6. Simon Brown
7. Danny Nicklas
8. Matt Nicholson
9. Jack Lee
10. Jack Aldous
11. Sam Scott
12. Dean Hadley
13. Jason Golden

14. Jonny Presley
15. Josh Bowden
16. Austin Bell
17. Russ Dale

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#43 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 371 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

Seen in the press that Jack Briscoe, Tom Lineham, Josh Bowden, Dean Hadley and Danny Nicklas will be available for Sunday. So my preferred team would be:

1. Tom Carr
2. Jack Briscoe
3. James Ford
4. George Elliot
5. Tom Lineham
6. Simon Brown
7. Danny Nicklas
8. Matt Nicholson
9. Jack Lee
10. Jack Aldous
11. Sam Scott
12. Dean Hadley
13. Jason Golden

14. Jonny Presley
15. Josh Bowden
16. Austin Bell
17. Russ Dale

I would put Lyons in instead of Elliot at centre

#44 JOHNNY83

JOHNNY83
  • Facebook
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

I think the radiations gone to your head pal!! No need for all the aggression now is there, remind me again what division you were in last season

Its not the radiation thats gone to his head, its all that jam ;)
Nice sly dig at town from the haven fans in this thread regarding dual registering an entire squad..... P.S, 5-0 In a calendar year ;)

#45 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

I would put Lyons in instead of Elliot at centre

5 dual reg in one team think the knights lads left out and getting sweet F A will be thinking why have they signed me in the first place if they think im not good enough or is it because they arnt.This is going to be the norm in a few camps now im afraid but if monies are scares and clubs fear the drop then the average Joe,s signed to make up the squads are going suffer.
chappy

#46 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

5 dual reg in one team think the knights lads left out and getting sweet F A will be thinking why have they signed me in the first place if they think im not good enough or is it because they arnt.

If they can't appreciate that they will sometimes miss out due to there being a better player in front of them then they shouldn't be playing a professional sport. It's not schools rugby where everyone should get a turn regardless of ability. They knew the score regarding the Hull partnership when they signed and I'd like to think the players that might miss out, like Ben Dent for instance will work harder to improve themselves rather than take their ball home.

Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#47 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

If they can't appreciate that they will sometimes miss out due to there being a better player in front of them then they shouldn't be playing a professional sport. It's not schools rugby where everyone should get a turn regardless of ability. They knew the score regarding the Hull partnership when they signed and I'd like to think the players that might miss out, like Ben Dent for instance will work harder to improve themselves rather than take their ball home.

Appreciate that Simon but are they going to improve greatly enough to oust a S/L standard player if they are going to be available all season i think not. The whole reason you try to get signed is to get payed for doing it but the dual reg lads get payed weither or not and i know for a fact if i thought i was turning up for training week in week out traveling straight from work and turning up on match days just to watch full time pros taking my lively hood i would not be a happy bunny waiting on the off chance the dual reg players where recalled by their own club time will tell believe me.Thank god my lads talented enough to avoid this senario but if he wasnt i would be sick if he had to go through all that just my gut feeling nothing against the Knights or any other club wanting to survive just feel for the lads who miss out thats all.
chappy

#48 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 371 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

5 dual reg in one team think the knights lads left out and getting sweet F A will be thinking why have they signed me in the first place if they think im not good enough or is it because they arnt.This is going to be the norm in a few camps now im afraid but if monies are scares and clubs fear the drop then the average Joe,s signed to make up the squads are going suffer.

Well I put Lyons in because he is a centre and Elliot is winger !!

#49 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

Most of the lads who'd be pushed out for a DR are u20s anyway aren't they?

#50 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

Most of the lads who'd be pushed out for a DR are u20s anyway aren't they?

not in the case of Hunslet Andy no but if thats the case at the knight perhaps they would be ok with that situation and bide their time but not with a player who is mid way through a career.
chappy

#51 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

Thing is, Col, and I know exactly what you are saying, take a look at our side for Sunday sans the DR lads, then add the 5
( Briscoe/Lineham/Nicklas/Hadley and Bowden or Shaul and then tell me which is more likely to give Haven a game ?
DR is kwap but but if we have the facility and it improves the strength of the side, I think it has to been used, doesnt it ?

Edited by andyacko, 01 February 2013 - 09:17 PM.

#52 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

Thing is, Col, and I know exactly what you are saying, take a look at our side for Sunday sans the DR lads, then add the 5
( Briscoe/Lineham/Nicklas/Hadley and Bowden or Shaul and then tell me which is more likely to give Haven a game ?
DR is kwap but but if we have the facility and it improves the strength of the side, I think it has to been used, doesnt it ?

NO THE SYSTEM IS FLAWED AND UNFAIR ON THE SQUAD
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#53 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

For some lads the championship is all they can aim for Andy and if they are forced out of the game by players from another club who are financially sound doesnt seem right to me by saying forced out i mean if they are kept out on a regular basis and they get disheartened and decide to look elswhere in CC1 or pack the semi pro game up all together it would be a shame for themselves and their families but i supose the clubs must do what they thinks best to stay solvent, but being a player myself and a players parent i do feel for the guys who have to step aside thats all.
chappy

#54 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

one of you lot called me as thick as fu-k maybe i am but im educated enough to earn 44k a year at the radiation dump so not that thick and maybe it has gone to me head

sorry donald....just because you are on 44k a year doesn't mean you are the sharpest tool in the box......Bog cleaners on shift work get paid that much at sellafild. :rolleyes:........don'y they ? :)

#55 The Bassets Assets

The Bassets Assets
  • Players
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

Appreciate that Simon but are they going to improve greatly enough to oust a S/L standard player if they are going to be available all season i think not. The whole reason you try to get signed is to get payed for doing it but the dual reg lads get payed weither or not and i know for a fact if i thought i was turning up for training week in week out traveling straight from work and turning up on match days just to watch full time pros taking my lively hood i would not be a happy bunny waiting on the off chance the dual reg players where recalled by their own club time will tell believe me.Thank god my lads talented enough to avoid this senario but if he wasnt i would be sick if he had to go through all that just my gut feeling nothing against the Knights or any other club wanting to survive just feel for the lads who miss out thats all.

Spot on and excellent post! The "signed lads" are there for the whole 9 yards not just when SL says they'll play, and believe me that's what happens or the SL coach threatens to never make them available. My thoughts on this have been aired before on this so no secret there. Long term loan deals, fine I'll go with that but not DR. keep your own that you signed and at least you know where you really belong in a league, top, middle, bottom or even relegated if that's the case...at least it's a true reflection!

#56 froggie

froggie
  • Players
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:28 PM

Perfectly and fairly put Mr Bassets Assets.

#57 Leagueman

Leagueman
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

Simple answer the RL could impose that no player signed on with a Super League club can play for a Championship Club, easy but they wont do it will they. This would allow more youngsters to play the game at Championship level.

#58 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

Drinks are on you on Sunday then?

:lol: :lol:
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#59 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

@YorkKnightsRLFC: YCK Team; Carr, Lineham, Latus, Ford, Shaul, Brown, Nicklas, Bowden, Lee, Nicholson, Scott, Golden, Hadley

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#60 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

@YorkKnightsRLFC: Subs; Brining, Bell, Aldous, Sullivan

alldesignandprint.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users